PDA

View Full Version : Are your friends weak & wobbly kneed flip-floppers?

Perry
09-11-2008, 08:21 PM
I spent two months convincing a good friend of mine that Ron Paul and the small government philosophy were ideal solutions for the problems in America today. After he became convicted we spent many hours discussing these subjects in agreement and he even helped me drive around my city and put magazines (these magazines had an indepth Ron Paul interview and Paul on the cover) in every business in town and convinced some of his family and friends to consider Paul. I was sure he was sold.
I ended up very busy last month and didn't get to hang out with him much until the other day I went to visit him and all of a sudden he's going on about Palin & McCain and how wonderful the RNC was and how he is convinced they are the right party to vote for. "Listen to the RNC!" he tells me. "I don't care how good it sounds" I tell him. "They always SOUND good".
How they sound isn't the issue it's what they do.
Why oh why don't some people learn.
Maybe it's just easier to vote with the crowd than to vote with ones conscience.:mad:

Dorfsmith
09-11-2008, 08:22 PM
I have a few friends like that. At least they voted for Paul on Super Tuesday but now they think it's time for team spirit :o

PlzPeopleWakeUp
09-11-2008, 08:23 PM
nt

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Lol! I have had the same problem. I thoroughly converted several people to the cause of liberty and constitutionalism. Now, all of the sudden, they're all going back to neoconservatism and liberalism. Wtf?

Highland
09-11-2008, 08:25 PM
if you guys consider yourselves weak flip floppers....otherwise...RPR'er are usually straight on.

hopeforamerica
09-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Welcome to my family...

tpreitzel
09-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Link Team Spirit with Money Honey. When the cheerleaders for Team Spirit see the cost of Team Spirit at the gas pump, maybe they'll lose their cheerful countenance and pause for a few seconds to consider a third option. ;)

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-11-2008, 09:31 PM
My mom likes to call herself a conservative. But whenever something minutely bad happens, usually relating to the market, she screams and cries about how "the government needs to do something about this!"

Of course, I can't imagine it's easy to be told by your tattooed, pierced, long-haired son that you're not as conservative as he is. :p

nullvalu
09-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Of course, I can't imagine it's easy to be told by your tattooed, pierced, long-haired son that you're not as conservative as he is. :p

lol, nice