PDA

View Full Version : Britt Combs: Ron Paul got it right (Good Read)

inibo
09-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Ever since I've been here I've never found the Good Media forum so I guess this should go here then?

By BRITT COMBS
jcombs@mcdowellnews.com
Thursday, September 11, 2008

Of all the political action in the past couple of weeks, by far the most interesting was the Ron Paul rally in Minnesota. While the Republicans and Democrats pitched feel-good woo at cherry-picked audiences of automatons, Paul addressed real concerns and real solutions.

Although, predictably, much of the television media ignored the event, Paul's supporters held a rally in Minnesota, and C-Span was great enough to air it on one of their channels.

The greatest moment was when Paul pointed out that, unlike the Democrat and Republican conventions, the rally cost the taxpayers no money. He said that the party conventions each cost the taxpayers over $16 million. Isn't that amazing? We paid for party big wigs to get drunk and dance with hookers for a week.

One of the problems Republicans have always faced is that with all their pap and blather about conservative values and constitutional government they inevitably attract a lot of voters who actually believe in those things, want them, and even know what they mean. These people tend to get mighty put out when all the latest renewal of conservative promises turns out to be more lies.

Read the rest... (http://www.mcdowellnews.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=MMN/MGArticle/MMN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173356105047)

A great epigraph:

The fascinating thing about Paul, aside from his dedication to the Constitution (how archaic can you get?) is the apparent absence of megalomania in his demeanor. He, unlike any Republican or Democrat candidate I can remember in my lifetime, aside from poor Gerald Ford, seems not to be in awe of his own fabulousness. He has not tried to build a cult based on himself, which is probably why he did not win the nomination.

Highland
09-11-2008, 08:07 PM
bump

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 08:09 PM
good find.

inibo
09-11-2008, 08:19 PM
good find.
Nice to see you've retained a bit of your reptilianismness.

http://pics.livejournal.com/inibo/pic/00065h25

kjdaugirdas
09-11-2008, 08:22 PM
who the hell is britt combs?

:)

But on a related note, have any of you seen the print editions of some of these newspapers that run Ron Paul stories? Just curious, because I'm starting to get a feeling that they cover their asses by "covering" Ron Paul news but only posting the stories to their online sites, rather than also including them in the print edition.

Any opinions?

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Nice to see you've retained a bit of your reptilianismness.

http://pics.livejournal.com/inibo/pic/00065h25

Well, the cat was out of the bag anyway... I've been here all along to sabotage the movement. At least that's what some guy said while I was in Minnesota... sweating my balls off in a bug filled cabin for a week while attending 10 hours long, daily training sessions.

This forum got kinda loopy with conspiracies of Ron looting us and the CFL silencing its members.. and forcing membership dues on people.. etc.
The place was so nutty, well, shit, my skin just melted off... thus my avatar, which is a brand new picture of me.

:D

inibo
09-11-2008, 08:28 PM

No idea, I just stumbled across it on a news feed for "The Golden Rule" of all things. :)

From the Article:
Christians long ago called that idea "The Golden Rule." Jesus Himself put it succinctly when He said, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." The idea is that if you think it's wrong for people to try to kill you because they fear something you might someday take a notion to do, then it is also wrong for you to go on a paranoid killing spree against them.

Seems kind of basic, but the idea is entirely outdated.

Pete
09-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah, this was great. I found it on a Yahoo search for news on RP. I sent the writer a link to the C-SPAN coverage of the press conference, and hope he(?) will pick up on it.

idiom
09-11-2008, 09:53 PM
That is a great article.

Oh wow Torchbearer = Reptile Guy?

That never made it into my conciousness. I just wondered where he had gone off to.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I promise you that this ticket(Paul/Goldwater) is a front for a grand consipracy against the ruling class.

*insert lizard tongue flicking here*

Indy Vidual
09-11-2008, 10:00 PM

He writes for The McDowell News. :p