PDA

View Full Version : It appears as though we have been successfully divided.

RonPaulFever
09-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Watching all of this bullshit drama unfold makes me want to puke. The unity that made us so powerful is waning, and if we don't rediscover our strength soon all of this will have been for nothing. The Ron Paul Revolution was a GIANT, yet we have allowed a handful of weak-minded saboteurs to fracture and splinter our great movement. So let's regroup, refocus and take this thing to the next level!

A few points:

1. Squabbling over which 3rd party candidate to vote for is useless. Just pick one and vote! None of them are going to win, but voting 3rd party is a middle finger to the establishment, and that's something we can ALL rally behind. Barr is a neocon, Baldwin is a theocrat, blah blah blah....WHO CARES? This election has already been decided anyway - we just haven't been given the results yet.

2. Either we support the CFL or we don't. A few here bitch and moan about the CFL leadership, accusing them of corruption, incompetence, etc. etc. Look, if you need a top-down organization to hold your hand and do your work for you, then you don't understand freedom and you belong somewhere else. Put up or shut up - it's as simple as that.

3. Stick to the message and never compromise! Even if you disagree with some of the finer points of Dr. Paul's beliefs, he has managed to encapsulate the ideals of liberty into a fairly simple doctrine that EVERYONE can understand. Just remember the message, let all of the other crap fall to the wayside, and everything will work itself out.

We've come too far and overcome too many obstacles to falter now.

RonpaulSupporter7777
09-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah.
Is anybody really going to hold anybody accountable for voting Mckinney, Nader, Baldwin, or Barr for president?

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-11-2008, 04:19 PM
You make a lot of good points. I don't mind discussing the third party candidates, but there isn't really any reason to bash them (other than Barr). We will all make our own choices in the end regarding the top of the ticket in November. I wish something were planned immediately after November to show that we are still together on the principles and are still a force to be reckoned with.

We can't let ourselves be divided over these third party candidates. Baldwin, Nader, whatever...pick one, politely talk about them, vote, and let's move on to the future.

Lord Xar
09-11-2008, 04:24 PM
thank you for this post.

It is evident that those who have tried to divide, have done a bang up job. But you know --- where are the voices of reason. Why is this being tolerated?

Just odd to me.

Support a third party candidate - I don't care who (though I am not partial to bob barr).

Also, support Ron Pauls liberty and freedom endeavor. What else is all the hoopla about?

torchbearer
Divide this!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3085/2841290573_1ff17ce86d_b.jpg
Sanity reigns in Louisiana.

yaz
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii37/yazdanpanahi/barrnomustache2.jpg?t=1221172430

Maltheus
09-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Agreed, this presidential cycle doesn't matter. I'm seeing divisions forming locally as well and I can't say it was unexpected. But I think most people get the message and will rally around the next torchbearer when the time comes. And people going their own ways may end up strengthening the movement in the end cause it's not about Ron Paul or even the CFL, it's about spreading the message wide and far. In the end, events will drive this movement home and "events" of epic proportions will be knocking on our door sometime in the next six months.

torchbearer
Bob Barr didn't make the ballot in Louisiana. Karma kicked him in the ass.

Rhys
I think we must all walk our own path to freedom.

That said, we don't all have to invent new paths for each person.

We can work together in groups, alone or in one big group.

My guess is, we'll do all three at different times and in different situations.

Andrew-Austin
09-11-2008, 04:27 PM
*agrees with OP

but there isn't really any reason to bash them (other than Barr).

Baldwin, Nader, whatever...pick one, politely talk about them, vote, and let's move on to the future.

thanks for the lol

RPDelegate
09-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes, vote for any 3rd party and then click on the link in my signature.

Indy Vidual
09-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Bob Barr didn't make the ballot in Louisiana. Karma kicked him in the ass.
How did he fail, since it was pretty easy for RP/BG jr. to get placed on? :confused:

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 04:37 PM
How did he fail, since it was pretty easy for RP/BG jr. to get placed on? :confused:

One elector failed to send in his paper work.. supposedly misunderstood the instructions.
Please don't publish this anywhere, someone has already published it elsewhere and all it does is embarrass the people I'm working with.. and trying to unify with all the people in louisiana.

yaz
09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
http://assets.236.com/images/photo2/3823/original/original.jpg

pauletteNV
09-11-2008, 04:55 PM
I might very well be wrong, but I don't read it that way. Being Ron Paul supporters we just all tend to be individualistic. Dr. Paul's press conference and the resultant acts of Bob Barr have just added a temporary glitch. Look back over months and there have been times when we go 'round and 'round and then a new challenge presents itself and we come together and get the job done. Maybe now it is time, though, to get back to work on the Campaign for Liberty and our community battles and pitch in to help the local candidates for various offices who support the liberty message. We're the New Republicans and the old bunch had better take a chill pill and get with the program. Overall, we all know, we are in this for the long run and there are bound to be some bumps along the way.

Dorfsmith
09-11-2008, 05:01 PM
I might very well be wrong, but I don't read it that way. Being Ron Paul supporters we just all tend to be individualistic. Dr. Paul's press conference and the resultant acts of Bob Barr have just added a temporary glitch. Look back over months and there have been times when we go 'round and 'round and then a new challenge presents itself and we come together and get the job done. Maybe now it is time, though, to get back to work on the Campaign for Liberty and our community battles and pitch in to help the local candidates for various offices who support the liberty message. We're the New Republicans and the old bunch had better take a chill pill and get with the program. Overall, we all know, we are in this for the long run and there are bound to be some bumps along the way.

Good post. :cool:

SLSteven
09-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Are Obama's and McCain's supporters divided?

Standing Like A Rock
09-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Watching all of this bullshit drama unfold makes me want to puke. The unity that made us so powerful is waning, and if we don't rediscover our strength soon all of this will have been for nothing. The Ron Paul Revolution was a GIANT, yet we have allowed a handful of weak-minded saboteurs to fracture and splinter our great movement. So let's regroup, refocus and take this thing to the next level!

A few points:

1. Squabbling over which 3rd party candidate to vote for is useless. Just pick one and vote! None of them are going to win, but voting 3rd party is a middle finger to the establishment, and that's something we can ALL rally behind. Barr is a neocon, Baldwin is a theocrat, blah blah blah....WHO CARES? This election has already been decided anyway - we just haven't been given the results yet.

2. Either we support the CFL or we don't. A few here bitch and moan about the CFL leadership, accusing them of corruption, incompetence, etc. etc. Look, if you need a top-down organization to hold your hand and do your work for you, then you don't understand freedom and you belong somewhere else. Put up or shut up - it's as simple as that.

3. Stick to the message and never compromise! Even if you disagree with some of the finer points of Dr. Paul's beliefs, he has managed to encapsulate the ideals of liberty into a fairly simple doctrine that EVERYONE can understand. Just remember the message, let all of the other crap fall to the wayside, and everything will work itself out.

We've come too far and overcome too many obstacles to falter now.

well said
+1776

Dorfsmith
09-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Are Obama's and McCain's supporters divided?

No but they're sheep. Their party leads and they blindly follow.

SLSteven
09-11-2008, 05:23 PM
I am not sure we are divided. Looks like we just lost Barr and his advisors.

Chibioz
09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
We united behind Ron Paul, not any of the third party candidates. Without Paul as an option supporters have drifted to whichever candidate they feel best represents them. I personally don't support any of the 3rd party candidates. Barr was a pathetic candidate. Baldwin is ok, those who align with his beliefs and want someone somewhat similar to Paul have supported him, but support for him isn't going to ignite enormous money bombs or anything.

I believe we are still united behind Ron Paul, and the divisions we are seeing are somewhat superficial and are created because we can't align behind him for the presidency, but for most of us he is the leader of the liberty movement due to his record of voting for the constitution, educating people about austrian economics, and never wavering in his resolve. It is obvious for Ron Paul supporters that he knows the philosophy and isn't supporting "liberty" on a superficial level like Barr who simply switched positions but he doesn't attempt to truly educate people on the liberty philosophy like Ron Paul does. Ron Paul doesn't just tell you what you want to hear, he educates those who will listen as to why it should be that way.

Due to his amazing record Ron Paul supporters are diehard and won't waver in their support of him. Others can try to label it as a "cult of personality" but we've found someone who unequivically speaks the truth about liberty, economics and foreign policy. It is unfortunate that we can't continue to support him for the presidency. I have no enthusiasm for any of the potential 3rd party candidates and will most likely still write in Ron Paul. In 2007 I worked a student job and gave every dollar I made to Ron Paul's campaign and maxed out my contributions.

I think many die-hard Ron Paul supporters like myself have drifted away from these forums, which is why there seem to be few "voices of reason" left. There are many of us who are still united behind Dr. Paul but don't voice many opinions on present day 3rd party affairs.

thechitowncubs
09-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Here, here!

Thanks for postin this, good perspective.