PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul / Barry Goldwater Jr. makes ballot in Louisiana

speech
09-11-2008, 04:01 PM
We here at RPF were the first ones to scoop the news that a group in Louisiana, going under the name “Louisiana Taxpayers Party”, was going to put Ron Paul/Barry Goldwater Jr. on the ballot for President/Vice President. Although it is technically unofficial, the Louisiana Taxpayer’s Party submitted their paperwork on the same date as the Republican presidential ticket. The unofficial filings can be found here. Within a few days, their website will go live and a press release will be sent out containing some exciting announcements!
http://ronpaulforum.info/index.php?topic=485.msg605;topicseen#new

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Ballot Access in Louisiana: http://www400.sos.louisiana.gov/cgibin/?rqstyp=CNDMD&rqsdta=110408&ID=01017141

LA Taxpayers site is live: http://www.lataxpayers.com/ (thanks heath!)

Reason magazine article on it here: http://reason.com/blog/show/128748.html

If you are in Louisiana and want to help support this ticket, we are having a meeting in alexandria, la Sept 20th (sat.).
Email me here: brentsanders@hotmail.com for more details.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 04:38 PM
//

Kludge
09-11-2008, 04:39 PM
This has only been covered and rehashed here.... Less then 10 times I think.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 04:42 PM
This has only been covered and rehashed here.... Less then 10 times I think.

Less than 10? Someone is slacking.
Repetition is the key to learning... and Reptilians hold that key.

I promise you that this ticket is a front for a grand consipracy against the ruling class.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm estimating here... but I'd say there are 17 Barr threads for every Ron Paul/Goldwater thread.

Kludge
09-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Less than 10? Someone is slacking.
Repetition is the key to learning... and Reptilians hold that key.

I promise you that this ticket is a front for a grand consipracy against the ruling class.

Barry Goldwater Jr. is actually a Franken-Water created with Jesuit mysticism as a compromise to satisfy Reptilians' call for Goldwater to be exhumed.

http://www.crainium.net/jdjArchives/ExhumeGoldwater08.jpg

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Barry Goldwater, Jr. is actually a Franken-Water created by Reptilian requests and Jesuit mysticism to exhume Goldwater.

Yeah, we know. It wasn't cheap either.

Micah Dardar
09-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Barry Goldwater Jr. is actually a Franken-Water created with Jesuit mysticism as a compromise to satisfy Reptilians' call for Goldwater to be exhumed.

sweet

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 05:45 PM
ok, got 12 reservations.

Cities represented thus far:
Alexandria
Baton Rouge (and surrounding area)
Lafayette
Lake Charles
Marksville
Morgan City/Franklin area (bayou district)

nate895
09-11-2008, 05:46 PM
ok, got 12 reservations.

Alexandria
Lafayette
Lake Charles
Marksville

No one from New Orleans?

MelissaCato
09-11-2008, 05:59 PM

Can this happen in Pennsylvania too ? What do I need to do ?

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 06:00 PM
No one from New Orleans?

Not yet.

We are missing
New Orleans
Monroe
Shreveport

not sure what is up with monroe, they have an active group there.
Shreveport has always been kind of a dead spot.
New Orleans... not sure how to get the word out there without much contacts.

But out of the 12 that have RSVP, I'd say 90% are heavy hitters and are super activist.
Without naming any names yet, we will have strong representation from both CP and LP state central committees.
This makes this meeting even that more historic... it is the differenct 3rd parties coming together to support one ticket.
No one else has been able to this... I believe this is my skill... my talent.
I am the connecting point between the different groups.
Heads of several state organizations will be in attendance. This isn't some light-weight meeting.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Can this happen in Pennsylvania too ? What do I need to do ?

Your answer lies buried on this website: http://www.dos.state.pa.us/dos/site/default.asp

I have a feeling you will be disappointed to find you are too late for 2008... but still the knowledge will prepare you for 2012.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Shotdown- Updates on press release?

devil21
09-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Ron Paul just said he wants off of the Montana ballot. Whoever is organizing this LA ballot should probably stop.

Kludge
09-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Ron Paul just said he wants off of the Montana ballot. Whoever is organizing this LA ballot should probably stop.

He's in the room with you??!?!?!?!!!!

gls
09-11-2008, 06:40 PM

The GOP leadership must have pressured him into it....they think he might throw it to McCain. You know the Republican Party is in bad shape when Montana is a swing state.

It looks like it might be too late to change it, though. We shall see.

http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articles/article/ron_paul_wants_off_montana_ballot/5514/

HELENA – Republican Ron Paul does not want to be on the Montana ballot as the Constitution Party presidential candidate, but state election officials said Thursday it may be too late to remove his name.

Paul, in a letter to the secretary of state, said his name was nominated by the Constitution Party of Montana without his permission.

The secretary of state's office said there does not appear to be a provision to remove Paul's name at this point. At least some counties have started printing ballots, officials said.

Kludge
09-11-2008, 06:41 PM
http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articles/article/ron_paul_wants_off_montana_ballot/5514/

Ahh.... Thanks.

devil21
09-11-2008, 06:41 PM
He's in the room with you??!?!?!?!!!!

He doesnt need to be. Unlike you, I actually pay attention to the news and try to positively contribute to this forum.

gls
09-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Dave Hart, Paul's campaign coordinator during the Montana primary, said he spoke with Paul last week at a breakfast meeting. Hart said Paul gave him permission to be placed on the ballot.

Hart said he can't explain why Paul was now asking to be taken off the ballot.

"I told him the Montana Constitution Party made this request. He said he was not going to encourage or discourage it, and as long as it didn't require him to sign a form with the secretary of state, it would be fine," Hart said. "I'm a little perplexed now."

Yeah, he was definitely paid a visit. It probably went like this: "Request they take your name off the ballot or we will take away your committee seats."

Kludge
09-11-2008, 06:43 PM
He doesnt need to be. Unlike you, I actually pay attention to the news and try to positively contribute to this forum.

How have I offended you today?

I'll try my best to correct myself for you, master, if you are willing to point out my flaws.

rodo1776
09-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Not yet.

We are missing
New Orleans
Monroe
Shreveport

not sure what is up with monroe, they have an active group there.
Shreveport has always been kind of a dead spot.
New Orleans... not sure how to get the word out there without much contacts.

But out of the 12 that have RSVP, I'd say 90% are heavy hitters and are super activist.
Without naming any names yet, we will have strong representation from both CP and LP state central committees.
This makes this meeting even that more historic... it is the differenct 3rd parties coming together to support one ticket.
No one else has been able to this... I believe this is my skill... my talent.
I am the connecting point between the different groups.
Heads of several state organizations will be in attendance. This isn't some light-weight meeting.

Since you have that skill to get people together please add to the agenda an issue which is important to Ron Paul and the movement:

Campaign Finance reform and specifically transparancy in campign donations.

Looking forward to a full report.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Since you have that skill to get people together please add to the agenda an issue which is important to Ron Paul and the movement:

Campaign Finance reform and specifically transparancy in campign donations.

Looking forward to a full report.

Show up. Show me you are real. Show me I can trust you, and maybe I will share that respect... until then, you can work for my opponents for all I know.
You are invited. I'm sure your presence would enhance the already brilliant group of people who will be attending.
Perhaps you can tell all of them your sad story about my secrecy.
Here are their names and some links to how you can contact them about your concern with me:
Adrien Monteleone, Chair of LALP: http://louisianalibertarianparty.org/cms/index.php?option=com_contact&catid=12&Itemid=3

Tom Rankin, Louisiana State Coordinator, Campaign for Liberty: email him: tom&pam@teche.net

Trent Hill, Sec. of LACP, he is on this forum, in these threads... shotdown- express your concerns to him.

or you could just show up and tell these people all about me... since you know me so well....

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh yeah- Trent and Adrien will be at the same meeting. How cool is that?

Sandra
09-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Brent, put that puddin' on ignore, he strictly troll posts.

Micah Dardar
09-11-2008, 07:44 PM
New Orleans is covered! This is our chance to make a difference, and I'm not going to miss it. I'm sorry I didn't verify sooner, but I'm new to trying to be involved in government. However, I'm definitely not going to sit around while the world falls apart.

I wish that I had become involved as deeply as most of you are earlier on in the campaign. I had to get over voting for a Republican before I realized that I was voting for a legend. Now that I understand, I realize that this whole thing is much bigger than picking a presidential candidate.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 07:47 PM
New Orleans is covered! This is our chance to make a difference, and I'm not going to miss it. I'm sorry I didn't verify sooner, but I'm new to trying to be involved in government. However, I'm definitely not going to sit around while the world falls apart.

I wish that I had become involved as deeply as most of you are earlier on in the campaign. I had to get over voting for a Republican before I realized that I was voting for a legend. Now that I understand, I realize that this whole thing is much bigger than picking a presidential candidate.

ok, got 13 reservations.

Alexandria
Lafayette
Lake Charles
Marksville
New Orleans

bring a notepad and pen, everyone should leave that meeting with everyone else's contact info... we need to start communicating as a group working for the same goal... not just LP or CP or whatever...
If our government is a reflection of our virtue, then the thing that needs to change most is the people... and I think we are leading others in the right path...

Tom Rankin will be there to help me present to you the plans we learned while in Minnesota. The Campaign for Liberty is about to help us become prominent players in politics in this state.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 07:50 PM
ok, got 15 reservations.

Alexandria
Lafayette
Lake Charles
Marksville
New Orleans
Shreveport

only area missing in monroe. anyone know Helen Hartley? she is the person we most desperately need from monroe.
she hasn't responding to emails.

devil21
09-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Yeah, he was definitely paid a visit. It probably went like this: "Request they take your name off the ballot or we will take away your committee seats."

I read a different article and it explained why pretty clearly. RP said that Chuck Baldwin is the actual Constitution Party nominee and since you can't have two candidates from the same party, RP should be removed and Baldwin inserted instead. I assume Baldwin would be left off the ballot entirely otherwise and that goes 180 degrees against the 3rd party push lately.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 08:12 PM
I read a different article and it explained why pretty clearly. RP said that Chuck Baldwin is the actual Constitution Party nominee and since you can't have two candidates from the same party, RP should be removed and Baldwin inserted instead. I assume Baldwin would be left off the ballot entirely otherwise and that goes 180 degrees against the 3rd party push lately.

right.
In Louisiana, its different, Barr didn't get on the ballot, the reform party didn't get on the ballot. these people will need someone to vote for...
and judging by the people attending, we really have a unity groud of americans working to return the government back to a constitutional republic.

Ron Paul on Louisiana's ballot actually adds to the anti-2-party system without taking away from another candidate.

Highland
09-11-2008, 08:15 PM
way to go guys....Torchbearer
did any of the ron paul ads help?

http://www.highlandmediaworks.com/ronpaulad/

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 08:17 PM
way to go guys....Torchbearer
did any of the ron paul ads help?

http://www.highlandmediaworks.com/ronpaulad/

I like them. But we haven't gotten to that point yet.
We haven't even figured out what vehicle to use to collect and dispense funds.
People are afraid to take on any responsibility with fear of being defamed and not having every "i"s dotted and "t"s crossed.
So I don't know if we will get something together for fundraising...
This will hopefully be resolved at the meeting. There will be a lot of brilliant people attending.

kjdaugirdas
09-11-2008, 08:32 PM
It seems disingenuous to appear on a ballot in an office that you're not really competing for any more. I'm glad Ron is asking to be removed from them.

Personally, I still don't know what the hell I'm gonna do about who to vote for...

:(

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 08:32 PM
//

Sandra
09-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm trying to familiarize myself with the Third Parties present at the press conference. I live in a precinct of Democratsand Evangelical Republicans. I think Nader and McKinney would appeal to the Dems and Baldwin with the Reps. Would an issues comparison card be of value as a tool for non active voters? Have the main parties included so they can see the candidates stance on issues and how they work against the voter. Also making Repubs aware that a McCain is in contrast to their concerns .

Example: McCain's pro embryonic stem cell research stance is not considered pro-life. This has been buried by most Republican activist but is on the RTL websites.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm trying to familiarize myself with the Third Parties present at the press conference. I live in a precinct of Democratsand Evangelical Republicans. I think Nader and McKinney would appeal to the Dems and Baldwin with the Reps. Would an issues comparison card be of value as a tool for non active voters? Have the main parties included so they can see the candidates stance on issues and how they work against the voter. Also making Repubs aware that a McCain is in contrast to their concerns .

Example: McCain's pro embryonic stem cell research stance is not considered pro-life. This has been buried by most Republican activist but is on the RTL websites.

You are thinking on the right track.
This is part of our first training class.. the summary, confrontation.
We are going to cause a lot of pain to McCain... and highlighting his non-republican voting record, especially on pro-life and tax issues... we can steal all those people.. they will gladly vote for principled people.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 09:33 PM
//

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 09:44 PM
If we can't get paul to come down for a book tour, maybe we can get ventura.
he likes the attention, and it would draw a big crowd.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 09:48 PM
ok, got 17 reservations.

Alexandria
Lafayette
Lake Charles
Luling
Marksville
New Orleans
Paradise
Shreveport

Sandra
09-11-2008, 09:54 PM
That Hurricane is bound to muddy up his travel plans, especially Galveston. He and half his district may be on generator power for a while.

torchbearer
09-11-2008, 09:56 PM
That Hurricane is bound to muddy up his travel plans, especially Galveston. He and half his district may be on generator power for a while.

He has a place to stay in Alexandria. Paul would be VIP for Sept. 20th.

torchbearer
09-12-2008, 08:14 AM
ok, got 18 reservations.

Alexandria
Lafayette
Lake Charles
Luling
Marksville
New Orleans
Paradise
Shreveport

torchbearer
09-12-2008, 08:53 AM
ok, got 19 reservations.

Alexandria
Lafayette
Lake Charles
Luling
Marksville
Monroe
New Orleans
Paradise
Shreveport

All city regions are represented, but more are welcomed to come!

torchbearer
09-12-2008, 09:01 AM
ok, got 20 reservations.

Alexandria
Lafayette
Lake Charles
Luling
Marksville
Monroe
New Orleans
Paradise
Shreveport

Shotdown1027
09-12-2008, 10:11 AM
The Press release was sent to every LA newspaper, radio station, and tv station. I decided not to send it to national media until we know for sure if Paul is going to ask to have his name removed.

He asked for his name to be removed in Montana--and he may ask us. If he asks us, we'll have to have a frank discussion about it.

torchbearer
09-12-2008, 10:51 AM
The Press release was sent to every LA newspaper, radio station, and tv station. I decided not to send it to national media until we know for sure if Paul is going to ask to have his name removed.

He asked for his name to be removed in Montana--and he may ask us. If he asks us, we'll have to have a frank discussion about it.

He won't ask us, because we didn't replace the CP nominee on the CP ticket.
I think Baldwin asked him to do something about MT.
And out of respect for Baldwin he asked for it to be removed.

Shotdown1027
09-12-2008, 11:12 AM
I doubt Baldwin asked him too,but he probably did it hoping they'd put Baldwein back on the ballot anyway.

Sandra
09-12-2008, 11:33 AM

Did you send it to the Denham Springs News? some there are RP friendly.

torchbearer
09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Got an estimate on larger yard signs-
2'x4'- 250/ w stakes - $6750

I'm trying to contact another dealer, locally, who makes short orders, and smaller signs.

torchbearer
09-12-2008, 02:46 PM
//

Shotdown1027
09-12-2008, 04:01 PM
I sent it to every paper, including the Livingstone Parish News,yes.

torchbearer
09-12-2008, 04:03 PM
I sent it to every paper, including the Livingstone Parish News,yes.

usually local paper's don't put their articles online until way after delivery.
some of them should show up on google in they run them.

Shotdown1027
09-12-2008, 04:07 PM
I just sent the press releases out Friday morning---so noone will have printed them or put them online until Sunday/Monday.

torchbearer
09-12-2008, 04:11 PM
I just sent the press releases out Friday morning---so noone will have printed them or put them online until Sunday/Monday.

I must admit, I'm very pumped about this meeting.
I have no certain expectations, but I do know that there will be an allstar team of activist assembled.
And if we keep it simple... its about the constitutional republic and its revival... we can build a coalition than can compete on any level.
Add in the tools we are about to recieve from the CFL, and I promise you, Louisiana will be leading the way!

Shotdown1027
09-12-2008, 04:30 PM
torch,

Keep in mind that we will have people from the GOP, CP, LP, and others--so we should concentrate on what to do with this specific ticket.

However, I think AFTER that meeting, we should have a meeting of GOP people (or people who are thiking of going GOP) to talk about the Campaign for Liberty and such. I personally want to suggest a strategy to Draft Goldwater Jr. or Gov. Gary Johnson into running for President in 2012.

torchbearer
09-12-2008, 04:36 PM
torch,

Keep in mind that we will have people from the GOP, CP, LP, and others--so we should concentrate on what to do with this specific ticket.

However, I think AFTER that meeting, we should have a meeting of GOP people (or people who are thiking of going GOP) to talk about the Campaign for Liberty and such. I personally want to suggest a strategy to Draft Goldwater Jr. or Gov. Gary Johnson into running for President in 2012.

I'm not going to segregate people by party. In fact, I'm thinking, such definitions only serve to hinder.
Everyone should hear about the campaign for liberty. The program isn't just for the GOP. It is made to take back our government.
You can use the program to support any constitutional candidate, regardless of party tag ID.
I'm for us being declared americans and patriots above all other labels.
Not everyone has to participate, but the option should be open for all.

Shotdown1027
09-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Torch,

I agree. Just be sure to make the etymology of the discussion very vague. I.e., no saying things like, "Take back the GOP" or "work at the precinct level to take over our local GOP".

you get it.

torchbearer
09-12-2008, 05:48 PM
ok, got 21 reservations.

Alexandria
Lafayette
Lake Charles
Luling
Marksville
Monroe
New Orleans
Paradise
Shreveport

torchbearer
09-12-2008, 05:49 PM
An email I just recieved:

Our time has come ladies and gentlemen; the Powers That Be Tried to Stop the Revolution by screwing us over during the Louisiana Caucus, and while many, including myself, lost hope after the Primaries; the Drums of Revolution still tapped in my heart and soul.

I thought that Bob Barr was the right man to carry Ron Paulʼs torch; I was wrong, but here in Louisiana we will have that man to vote for come this November, and that man is Ron Paul.

While he never asked to be put on the ballot by the Louisiana Tax Payers; Trent Hill and Co. did it anyways, and now I know why..

Yes, this campaign wonʼt win Ron Paul the White House or even the State Electoral Votes, but what it can and will do is fan the flames of Revolution.

We have the chance to make The Pelican State the crossroads for the whole country as the place where this Revolution we started over a year ago found its second wind.

Hereʼs my vision; Ron Paul Supporters, Libertarians, Independents, and Lovers of Freedom and Liberty coming to Louisiana from across the Republic. Masses of Freedom-Loving Americans in the streets of Shreveport-Bossier, Ruston, Monroe, Alexandria, Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans up until election; showing that Two-Headed Beast that runs our country, the Main-Stream Media, and the Elite that we arenʼt afraid of them, and weʼll stand up to them, and defeat them.

We need to all become Viral Paul Reveres; go to every Ron Paul/C4L/Libertarian/Independent Meetup Groups, and Message Boards all over the World Wide Web and call for reinforcements to come to Louisiana from all four corners of the US without delay. The time for Revolution has come, and I can think of no better place for civil disobedience and open rebellion than in the Great State of Louisiana!

Viva Revolution,

James W. Burns

NWLA Region Representative

psalm82x3
09-12-2008, 08:31 PM
If I lived in Louisiana...

torchbearer
09-12-2008, 08:39 PM
If I lived in Louisiana...

October would be a good time to come visit.

Shotdown1027
09-13-2008, 12:22 AM
James Burns is a true patriot--a great guy.

torchbearer
09-13-2008, 08:13 AM
James Burns is a true patriot--a great guy.

Yes, I love the guy's spirit.

torchbearer
09-13-2008, 10:42 AM
bump

torchbearer
09-13-2008, 11:23 AM
One thing we should promise each other is to never support another candidate who will not obey, and uphold the U.S. constitution.

torchbearer
09-13-2008, 02:13 PM
//

Micah Dardar
09-13-2008, 03:25 PM
One thing we should promise each other is to never support another candidate who will not obey, and uphold the U.S. constitution.

That's easy enough!
:)

torchbearer
09-13-2008, 04:37 PM
That's easy enough!
:)

I am expecting some campaign signs, slim jims, bumper stickers, etc to be coming in from florida and montana over the next few weeks.
We should have some of it in for the meeting.
But I may have to ship the rest out later.

Other states are starting to rally... now all we need is someone to handle the financials of the fundraising and we can get a money bomb going.

Everyone, ask around for someone willing to take on this task.

torchbearer
09-13-2008, 10:05 PM
//

torchbearer
09-14-2008, 10:11 AM
bump

Shotdown1027
09-14-2008, 10:07 PM
bump

torchbearer
09-15-2008, 09:03 AM
ok, got 24 reservations for Sept 20th meeting.

Alexandria
Lafayette
Lake Charles
Luling
Marksville
Monroe
New Orleans
Paradise
Shreveport

Shotdown1027
09-15-2008, 11:20 AM
incredible. This will be a great meeting!

torchbearer
09-15-2008, 06:46 PM
bump

torchbearer
09-15-2008, 07:59 PM
//

Shotdown1027
09-16-2008, 08:12 AM
bump

Highland
09-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Ballot Access in Louisiana: http://www400.sos.louisiana.gov/cgibin/?rqstyp=CNDMD&rqsdta=110408&ID=01017141

LA Taxpayers site is live: http://www.lataxpayers.com/ (thanks heath!)

Reason magazine article on it here: http://reason.com/blog/show/128748.html

If you are in Louisiana and want to help support this ticket, we are having a meeting in alexandria, la Sept 20th (sat.).
Email me here: brentsanders@hotmail.com for more details.

brilliant job! are you guys gonna use those commercials???

Shotdown1027
09-16-2008, 08:42 AM
WE'll see.

suhaila
09-17-2008, 02:10 PM
The website really is beautiful! :)