gaazn
09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
It's in danger of dying.

DeadtoSin
09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Oh well.

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
And nothing of value was lost. Unlike the Reform Party, I think there's enough disgruntled libertarians and Ron Paul supporters who would be willing to form a new third party from the ashes. Maybe even get the CP to merge into it too.

Indy Vidual
09-11-2008, 03:40 PM
And nothing of value was lost. Unlike the Reform Party, I think there's enough disgruntled libertarians and Ron Paul supporters who would be willing to form a new third party from the ashes. Maybe even get the CP to merge into it too.

How about a CP without so much religion?

heavenlyboy34
09-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Shit happens. We'll dust the neocons off our sleeves and build anew! :D

Kludge
09-11-2008, 03:41 PM

The LP?

The Reform Party never really was... It had a couple candidates use it as a tool for ballot access.

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-11-2008, 03:42 PM

Sure. If the CP, Ron Paul supporters, and non-corrupted libertarians came together in a wide front, the theocratic tinge from the Constitution Party would be watered down or banished anyway.

literatim
09-11-2008, 03:43 PM
So you want to go in and change another Party? You're no better than the neocons.

DeadtoSin
09-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Of course, people of religious backgrounds ought to still be welcome and their beliefs respected. Just as I do for all other religious/non-religious people. :)

Scotso
09-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I agree, it's sad. I'm surprised that the Libertarian Party let Bob Barr take control of it like this.

rockandrollsouls
09-11-2008, 04:05 PM

The libertarian party was around long before Ron Paul was ever associated with it....you guys talk like you know what libertarian is....

rockandrollsouls
09-11-2008, 04:07 PM
I agree, it's sad. I'm surprised that the Libertarian Party let Bob Barr take control of it like this.

Barr can't do ANYTHING on his own. He didn't take control, he was elected. He's been more than generous and all the libertarians can do is bitch and moan. I was a libertarian before Paul even ran on the ticket in 88 and I have no problem with Barr. They are just butthurt they don't have some absurd radical that won't get anything done and that won't cater to Paul supporters. I'll tell you what. I'm a paul supporter, but I'm a lover of liberty first. Barr has not done anything to contradict the platform or lose my trust.

Grow up and stop speaking for the party and those of us that were around before Paul even ran on the ticket in 88. Don't speak for us.