PDA

View Full Version : Barr and Paul - My take since this is a "hot topic"

hotbrownsauce
09-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I will try to be quick to my points and detailed.

Ron Paul as we know has taken his route for civil liberties in the way we've all been a part of and seen. These are same exact civil liberties the Libertarian Party fights for. Ron Paul and the Libertarian Party have nearly the same agenda in advancing freedom.

Where the controversy comes in.. Ron Paul has been a Maverick Civil Liberties supporter and Barr has decided to demean Paul's achievements through the Republican party by saying Ron Paul is going at it the wrong way by using the republican party. Barr looks at what Ron Paul did at the Press Conference as endorsing all the wrong candidates and not furthering freedom. That couldn't be further from the truth. Ron Paul has not made an official endorsement. Paul said that if people are unhappy, as they are, that they need to vote outside the 2 party biased system. Paul united all the 3rd parties to say hey, we are all sick and tired of this biased against us and we are all here together to show that.

Barr attacked us by saying what Ron is doing in the Republican Party is worthless and he expects our support?

Barr needs to understand Paul has done more to further the cause of freedom than he has done. This means that the direction and aim Paul is taking has done more than Barr's way - FACT! So of coarse we are offended he attacks what we have done. If Barr had complimented our achievements and made convincing arguments why it is inconceivable to pursue what we are pursuing then we wouldn't be angry.

A blog on Barr's site says
One thing that did occur as a result of yesterday’s events is a clear separation of certain factions. Up until now, we have been dealing with two groups, those who want to advance the issues of liberty and those who have been drawn into a cult of personality.
He has ignored our achievements, belittled us, misjudged the actions of Paul's conference of whom we follow and trust more than anyone not because we are a "cult of personality" but because Ron and his unwavering stance and principals that would never be destroyed. No one else has that reputation so of coarse we stick to Ron Paul because he is the only man we can trust! Not even Barr can be trusted that well. So damn right we are protective of Ron Paul and what he does.

I do not think we should hold hostilities towards Barr and call him names and make fun of him (as I have done once here too). Instead we should tell him why he made us mad just as I've expressed above. Barr has a good thought: to continue the spread of liberty. But, why he chooses to anger us who want to do the same thing is beyond me. Don't you think he'd want more votes than less?

I think the mistakes have been Barr was too eager and reckless towards us. He had also confused us by not going to the conference event and then smearing it. And then he wants Paul to be his VP? Then after he angers us he calls us a "Cult of Personality"? Like I said before, almost all of us were leaning towards voting for Barr but now not so much because his recklessness, confusion, and put downs.

I don't remember Barr ever looking for our votes and if this is how he expects to win our votes then he is seriously flawed. Why would a libertarian put down other people who are also fighting for the same principals? Seriously, why?

This leads me to my conclusion that he never wanted our votes and still doesn't.

hotbrownsauce
09-11-2008, 05:23 PM
I posted this at Barr's comment section

Ron Paul wasn’t supporting the 3rd party candidates. He was saying that 60%+ of the people don’t want to vote for McCain or Obama and that voting for the lessor of two evils between the two doesn’t make sense since they offer essentially the same philosophy on everything. It *italicized* was */end Italicized* advancing liberty and it took leadership to do what Ron Paul has and is doing. Can you give him the Credit he deserves? I think Barr has looked at this in the complete wrong way opposite of that of Ron Paul. It is advancing liberty in the eyes of many but not in all peoples eyes. Does that seriously require me and fellow Ron Paul supporters to be called “A cult of personality”? Ron Paul is the strongest most principled man in Congress. His record in congress is one of a kind, His strong-natured belief in freedom and liberty has never changed, he has never dilly dollied in any kind of actions that would be unconstitutional. For this he is the only one many of us feel can be trusted, does that brand us “a cult of personality”? I don’t think so!
I think it shows our smarts that we aren’t easily respectable to just any Jon Smith that walks and says he believes in liberty. Look at what Ron Paul’s movement has done for liberty… and we are denied that. So we aren’t true believers in the constitution if we don’t support Barr? We aren’t true believers in the constitution since we are choosing to go the route of Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan, or even Robert Taft? I think Barr has mistakenly gone about this Ron Paul conference the wrong way and gone about judging the supporters of Ron Paul the wrong way.

I supported Barr until I felt betrayed when I didn’t know why he didn’t go to the Conference and then his attack on Paul using the Republican Party and “not being a leader”. Barr I feel betrayed. Ron Paul would never do that to us and that is why I respect him more now. If you have a different agenda that doesn’t fit with Ron Paul please don’t attack us because we wont follow your rules. Who made you boss? Who made Barr the all knowing of how to get our country back? Ron Paul has done more than you buddy…. I’m just saying…. I’m not trying to be an a-hole if I sound like one.