PDA

View Full Version : Republican Party sues to have Barr taken

kathy88
09-11-2008, 01:46 PM
off the PA ballot?

In august?

I found this a few minutes go... anyone have the scoop?

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G08/PA.phtml

scroll down just a little and read the comments under Barr

SnappleLlama
09-11-2008, 01:48 PM
here you go:

http://www.timesleader.com/news/ap?articleID=671029

gls
09-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I don't think the GOP has a leg to stand on in this suit but instead is just using the court to drain Barr campaign resources.

rajibo
09-11-2008, 01:49 PM
The LP used another name as a placeholder to get signatures for ballot access prior to the LP Convention. The Republicans are crying foul even though that is perfectly legal in PA.

It's a BS lawsuit, but I'm still waiting to see the verdict.

Mortikhi
09-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm still wondering if the Dems and Repubs will be on the ballot in TX. They DID miss the deadline.

Imperial
09-11-2008, 01:53 PM
I am getting tired of the crappy federal judges now in the employ of our tax dollars. Whether you like barr or not has nothing to do with it.

The Barr injunction, whether you agree with it or not, was correct under McCain-Feingold.

HOwever, I think there was some space to argue. But the judge, ignoring consitutionality or not, said that it would hurt opportunities to see candidates to cancel it and Barr would have another chance later.

And then in W Virginia, it would take too much strain on the electoral bureaucracy to place Barr/Root on the ballot a little later. However, A) why is it that they wait until September for the others and B) why do they make 2% of the population have to support third parties?

Once again though, they only talk about strain on the system. They don't bother looking at the law. No, that is archaic...

Where is a federal judge that actually has a pair....?

kathy88
09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm still wondering if the Dems and Repubs will be on the ballot in TX. They DID miss the deadline.

Is this true? This could be HUGE for the CFL movement.

kathy88
09-11-2008, 03:16 PM
I am getting tired of the crappy federal judges now in the employ of our tax dollars. Whether you like barr or not has nothing to do with it.

The Barr injunction, whether you agree with it or not, was correct under McCain-Feingold.

HOwever, I think there was some space to argue. But the judge, ignoring consitutionality or not, said that it would hurt opportunities to see candidates to cancel it and Barr would have another chance later.

And then in W Virginia, it would take too much strain on the electoral bureaucracy to place Barr/Root on the ballot a little later. However, A) why is it that they wait until September for the others and B) why do they make 2% of the population have to support third parties?

Once again though, they only talk about strain on the system. They don't bother looking at the law. No, that is archaic...

Where is a federal judge that actually has a pair....?

good fing question

lynnf
09-11-2008, 03:20 PM

already been covered, heard on the radio that all they had to do was put in the top of the ticket and they would then have a place reserved awaiting the vp slot and could then turn in the vp names later and would be placed on the ballot and since the vp wasn't named at the deadline, their ticket wasn't published at that time.

so it seems people are judging that they missed the deadline just because the ticket wasn't published - but space was reserved.

lynn