PDA

View Full Version : I'll be a poll watcher for my local GOP in Nov

Matt Collins
09-11-2008, 11:15 AM
As part of the CFL ideal I am trying to get more involved with my local GOP.

How am I doing this?

Well, I have told my local county GOP organization that I would be willing to serve as a poll watcher. After becoming a member of my local GOP a few months ago and attending several meetings, I e-mailed the chairman and told him I would be happy to help the GOP verify the counting of the ballots (it's all electronic in TN unfortunately) or to be a part of whatever verification process takes place. In a few weeks they will be sending me to a local government school for those who are poll watching.

In an e-mail the chairman sent out to the person in charge he said: "I have met Matt at several of our functions and I think he will bring some great energy..."

YOU should consider doing the same thing. It's a great way to get your name well known within your local GOP.

TruthisTreason
09-11-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm going to try this. :cool:

SnappleLlama
09-11-2008, 11:28 AM
wish I could, but I don't belong to the GOP. Even if I did, I'm a state employee, so it's hands off for this little llama.

Danke
09-11-2008, 11:31 AM
I just got a call this morning thanking for my volunteerism during the RNC and asking if I'd volunteer for the election.

Matt Collins
09-11-2008, 11:57 AM
I just got a call this morning thanking for my volunteerism during the RNC and asking if I'd volunteer for the election.

That's the way to do it:

- get known with your local GOP
- hold an office within the local GOP
- run as a candidate for a local/state office

Bradley in DC
09-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Congrats. This is important work for the integrity of our voting systems.

I was the only observer for any campaign, any party, for the DC presidential preference primary in February at the board of elections. Happily, there were no problems. This week we had our non-presidential primaries and there were major issues: 1500 phantom write-ins for all three parties primaries (D, R and Statehood Green) from ward two and, aside from that, for most of the night, more total votes for the one contested Republican primary (council at-large) than Republicans who voted (we have closed primaries here).

BarryDonegan
09-11-2008, 01:41 PM
good deal!