PDA

View Full Version : For 2012 run: Ventura Forums!

libertythor
09-11-2008, 10:27 AM
I know this doesn't belong in grassroots, but it doesn't compete with 2008 efforts.

http://www.venturaforums.com/

mcgraw_wv
09-11-2008, 10:37 AM
It's cool that he has his own stuff going on now...

But for me, If he doesn't put in the work over these next 4 years, he wil not get my support... I find it arrogant and appalling that he will just go surfing and wait for us to do all the work to advance the Revolution...

His book should have been called... "Don't start the Revolution until I feel all the work has been done and the tracks laid so I can come in and be a part of it when I feel like I want too"

ClayTrainor
09-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Already signed up...

Come on everybody, lets get started early for Ventura! (while still focusing on congressional seats, of course)

Kotin
09-11-2008, 10:42 AM
bump!

Truth Warrior
09-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Wasn't the POTUS in the movie "Idiocracy" an ex-pro-wrestler? :rolleyes:

RPDelegate
09-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Awesome, I'm going to sign up now... ...we need to get behind someone new for 2012, and I can't think of anyone better. We've got 4 years to make this happen!

SnappleLlama
09-11-2008, 11:52 AM
It's cool that he has his own stuff going on now...

But for me, If he doesn't put in the work over these next 4 years, he wil not get my support... I find it arrogant and appalling that he will just go surfing and wait for us to do all the work to advance the Revolution...

His book should have been called... "Don't start the Revolution until I feel all the work has been done and the tracks laid so I can come in and be a part of it when I feel like I want too"

QFT...exactly. How can I believe in a man who doesn't believe in me?

mapcommander
09-11-2008, 11:58 AM
I will support Jesse Ventura if he runs..

libertea
09-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Signed up!

Aratus
09-11-2008, 12:32 PM
better an ex~wrestler than an ex-boxer running. boxers take many more direct blows to the head...

Chiznaddy
09-11-2008, 12:48 PM
this is ridiculous. Ventura doesn't promote the philosophy of liberty. Yes, he is against "the system", but what kind of replacement is he for Ron Paul's real message.

It makes me sick that so many people would just jump onto a Ventura bandwagon so quickly....

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-11-2008, 01:13 PM
I know this doesn't belong in grassroots, but it doesn't compete with 2008 efforts.

http://www.venturaforums.com/

Don't know if you run those forums or someone else, but I do have to warn you that using the Presidential Seal is illegal, and the feds do have about as much fun as Disney going after those who use it. You might want to change your (otherwise very nicely and professionally designed) logo there.

BarryDonegan
09-11-2008, 01:39 PM
ventura is saying the right things, and subordinating to Ron Paul. let's get it goin!

RPDelegate
09-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Bump for 2012!

libertea
09-11-2008, 02:58 PM
this is ridiculous. Ventura doesn't promote the philosophy of liberty. Yes, he is against "the system", but what kind of replacement is he for Ron Paul's real message.

It makes me sick that so many people would just jump onto a Ventura bandwagon so quickly....

Not jumping, been riding the wagon for years.

Indy4Chng
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Ventura = end of the liberty movement! :mad::mad:

Why you guys like him is beyond me. Plus an independent is NOT going to win, you someone to win either the republican or democratic ticket.

Someone needs to start a Gary Johnson '12 forum.

Andrew-Austin
09-11-2008, 03:06 PM
I might sign up if I can read / figure out where he stands on most issues.

libertea
09-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Ventura = end of the liberty movement! :mad::mad:

Why you guys like him is beyond me. Plus an independent is NOT going to win, you someone to win either the republican or democratic ticket.

Someone needs to start a Gary Johnson '12 forum.

Ron Paul says, oppose the 2 party system. Ventura is the best possibility for this. If anybody can win as an independent, it is Ventura.

This years big question was Ron Who? You want the 2012 big question to be Gary Who? Nobody will be asking Jesse Who?

kombayn
09-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Not jumping, been riding the wagon for years.

+1, I love how all these people claim to be "disgusted" if they support someone other than Ron Paul. People on this forum make me scratch my head.

literatim
09-11-2008, 03:27 PM
I would never vote for Ventura. The comment he made about comparing the protection of our border to the Berlin wall made me scowl.

RPDelegate
09-11-2008, 04:50 PM
I would never vote for Ventura. The comment he made about comparing the protection of our border to the Berlin wall made me scowl.

Hahaha - that's all it look to make you decide?

One thing a lot of you need to realize is that Ventura always has and probably always will hype things up and exaggerate things a little more than maybe he should. It doesn't make him a bad person, it's just part of his personality. Just like being passive is part of Ron Paul's personality.

A lot of people complained about RP being too passive all the time and letting people walk all over him. Trust me, Ventura would be the opposite. And his name is a big as any politicians. So there would be no need to make Google Jesse Ventura signs and bumper stickers. That in itself is huge.

And yes, he could win as a 3rd party. Just because something has never been done, doesn't mean it can't be done. Jesse beat the Reps and Dems in MN to be governor. Apparently this happened in ME as well.

And I'm sure he has some of Ron Paul's ideas, otherwise RP would not have given him the longest speaking time during the Rally.

nate895
09-11-2008, 04:59 PM
I refuse to support him on account of his stance on illegal immigration and abortion. End of story, no one can convince me to support him.

RPDelegate
09-11-2008, 05:11 PM
I refuse to support him on account of his stance on illegal immigration and abortion. End of story, no one can convince me to support him.

Well, if he only agreed with half of what RP believed in and could beat the Reps and Dems in 2012, I'd be all for supporting him. I'm not going to shut someone out just because of a couple issues I don't agree with.

Good luck ever finding another candidate that you 100% agree with.

nate895
09-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Well, if he only agreed with half of what RP believed in and could beat the Reps and Dems in 2012, I'd be all for supporting him. I'm not going to shut someone out just because of a couple issues I don't agree with.

Good luck ever finding another candidate that you 100% agree with.

It's not that I need to agree 100%, it's just those two issues are my most important single issues. I don't agree with Ron Paul on everything, but I support him anyway. For me to even consider to support someone for Federal Office they must 1) Support the US Constitution, 2) At least believe abortion is a state matter, and 3) wish to secure the borders and not grant amnesty. I know he disagrees with me on 2/3 of my three "must agree" issues, and the first it is unclear what his stance is.

RPDelegate
09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
It's not that I need to agree 100%, it's just those two issues are my most important single issues. I don't agree with Ron Paul on everything, but I support him anyway. For me to even consider to support someone for Federal Office they must 1) Support the US Constitution, 2) At least believe abortion is a state matter, and 3) wish to secure the borders and not grant amnesty. I know he disagrees with me on 2/3 of my three "must agree" issues, and the first it is unclear what his stance is.

Well, I guess I didn't know Ventura wants to make the borders less secure and wants to grant amnesty? Do you have a source (link) that supports this?

I know at the Rally his mentioned not wanting a huge wall built, but that was about it.

gjvrieze
09-11-2008, 05:26 PM

nate895
09-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Well, I guess I didn't know Ventura wants to make the borders less secure and wants to grant amnesty? Do you have a source (link) that supports this?

I know at the Rally his mentioned not wanting a huge wall built, but that was about it.

What he said at the rally was quite clear that he believed in amnesty.

gjvrieze
09-11-2008, 05:27 PM

literatim
09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Hahaha - that's all it look to make you decide?

One thing a lot of you need to realize is that Ventura always has and probably always will hype things up and exaggerate things a little more than maybe he should. It doesn't make him a bad person, it's just part of his personality. Just like being passive is part of Ron Paul's personality.

Well he also said that I am racist for wanting my country's border protected.

nate895
09-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Well he also said that I am racist for wanting my country's border protected.

I don't like being called a racist, not a good idea to get my vote.

literatim
09-11-2008, 05:29 PM
I never heard his abortion stance. If he is pro-abortion, I can't give him my support. My stance protecting the unborn isn't negotiable.

nate895
09-11-2008, 05:30 PM
I never heard his abortion stance. If he is pro-abortion, I can't give him my support. My stance protecting the unborn isn't negotiable.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Jesse_Ventura.htm#Abortion

Dude, I don't like this guy. He thinks "redskins" is offensive as a team name. What business is it to him?

Indy4Chng
09-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah... the whole amnesty thing is a dealbreaker for me too... also not supporting at least partial birth abortion... is pretty close to a deal breaker.

This doesn't help either:
"Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers. It tells people to go out and stick their noses in other people's business."

I believe in freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.

A Ventura campaign would lead me to voting a mainstream candidate and would destroy what Paul has started.

Gary Johnson '12

nate895
09-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Yeah... the whole amnesty thing is a dealbreaker for me too... also not supporting at least partial birth abortion... is pretty close to a deal breaker.

This doesn't help either:
"Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers. It tells people to go out and stick their noses in other people's business."

I believe in freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.

A Ventura campaign would lead me to voting a mainstream candidate and would destroy what Paul has started.

Gary Johnson '12

Hey, wanna buy draftgaryjohnson2012.com, draftgoldwaterjr2012.com, or draft(insert other)2012.com and get a draft PAC going on. We could moneybomb it to show our support.

RPDelegate
09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
So I just checked out Ventura's info on www.ontheissues.org. While I don't agree with everything, I do agree with most it. But one very valid thing to mention, is that information is extremely dated. Pretty much all of it is nearly 10 yrs old. I don't know about Ventura, but I know my views from 10 yrs ago, hell, even just 1 yr ago have done a complete 180. So I would see what his views are currently before counting him out.

libertythor
09-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Don't know if you run those forums or someone else, but I do have to warn you that using the Presidential Seal is illegal, .

Its not my forum, but please cite some cases that would be relevant to a forum. There is a tour bus company in San Diego that uses it with little difficulty.

ClayTrainor
09-11-2008, 10:38 PM

We will be able to convince jesse to make it a states rights issue... im sure of it!

nate895
09-11-2008, 11:08 PM
We will be able to convince jesse to make it a states rights issue... im sure of it!

Him calling me a racist still doesn't do much good. I also have a problem with celebrity politicians. They tend to have too much power when they get into office, and they generally end up harming their parties more than they help them. Look at the Independence Party in Minnesota after Ventura.

DXDoug
09-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Signed up Ready to promote :P

PatriotOne
09-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Anyone know who started the Ventura forums?

unreconstructed1
09-12-2008, 08:31 PM
personally, I would be torn in a Ventura presidential election. while I share his pro-union viewpoints, and several others, I am a bit shaken by his death penalty "toleration" the death penalty is the only sure way to keep a murderer off the streets.

I would have to do some soul searching, but if the vultures wings gave us a pair of bookends like they have in this election, I'd vote for him without hesitation, provided he wasn't running against Dr. Paul.

Psych0t
09-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Ventura said he would not run, ever. This was decided by a coin toss.