PDA

View Full Version : My open letter to Libertarian Party headquarter re: Bob Barr's callous attitude

cyberdogg
09-11-2008, 09:17 AM
To whom it may concern;

I am a registered Libertarian since 2004 after first registering as an independent in 2002.

I voted for Michael Badnarik for President on LP ticket.

I do not trust Bob Barr because of his integrity issue. He has proved this with a disrespectful attitude by declining Dr. Paul's generous invitation to join the conference at National Press Club in Washington DC on September 10th and offering Dr. Paul the running mate slot as a "desperate measure" to assuage the LP members' concern about Barr's integrity.

I would suggest that Bob Barr step down and let Ron Paul, Mike Gravel [sorry to mention him, he's cool in my book as a vigorously anti-Establishment candidate], Mary Ruwart, Steve Kubby or respectable other take the presidential candidate slot upon referendum among the Libertarian Party [delegation].

Bob Barr will earn a little more respect if he does choose to concede nomination to another rather than be divisive in sabotaging the Libertarian Party ticket that give a wrong reason to continuing voting for the two Establishment parties in duopoly of America's destiny with increasing loss of liberty and rational economic policies.

Because Mr. Barr has severely harmed his reputation in disrespecting Dr. Paul among LP supporters, I will find my affiliation with Libertarian Party unacceptable and will change to another party of my choice if Mr. Barr's nomination remains acceptable in spite of his behavior that undermine and damage the LP's original statement of principles to the point thousands of LP members will vote for someone else which will harm LP's once respectable standing as the viable third party alternative to the Establishment monopoly of the two major parties with the loss of some votes.

Please seriously re-consider Bob Barr's nomination on LP ticket, because he has done more damage to LP and our chance to win the election than expected.

Sincerely,

[name]

(Sent in e-mail and snail mail form. Originally posted (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/61480) on DailyPaul.com forum by me.)