PDA

View Full Version : Congress must start impeachment inquiry: Ex-Reagan aide

American
09-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Interesting article, thought I would post it.

Carts Before HorsesImpeachment inquiry first, ask questions later.
By Bruce Fein
Posted Friday, Aug. 31, 2007, at 4:55 PM ET

Detractors of an impeachment inquiry by the House judiciary committee into whether President George W. Bush has committed impeachable offenses contend that no questions should be asked until conclusive incriminating evidence is either volunteered up by the suspects themselves or appears before them by spontaneous combustion. In other words, they say, no inquiry should commence until proof of the president's guilt has been unearthed—proof which would, of course, make the inquiry superfluous! The Watergate investigation that dethroned President Richard M. Nixon would never have been launched under such an Alice in Wonderland standard of proof, because it began with nothing more than two obscure figures, E. Howard Hunt and Gordon Liddy, known to have both White House connections and associations with the Watergate burglars.

Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution stipulates: "The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." Article I, Section 2 endows the House of Representatives with "the sole Power of impeachment." And Article I, Section 3 entrusts the trial of impeachments to the Senate and requires a two-thirds vote for conviction.

continued...
http://www.slate.com/id/2173106/pagenum/all/#page_start

Aratus
09-27-2019, 10:13 PM
Golden oldie thread bump.... now that Nancy Pelosi is actually going after Donald Trump for real.

enhanced_deficit
10-13-2019, 08:15 PM
From Reagan aide to Bush aide, slippery slope.
Source is notorious fakenews outlet Foxnews, so exercise prudence while consuming this news:

Published 6 days ago
Former Bush aide: 'Clearly lines have been crossed' to warrant Trump impeachment inquiry

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

A former aide to President George W. Bush insisted on Monday that the pending impeachment inquiry against President Trump is "warranted" and that "clearly lines have been crossed."

Appearing on MSNBC, former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card expressed his support for the launched inquiry into Trump's communications with Ukraine.
“I do think that an impeachment inquiry is warranted. Clearly lines have been crossed," Card told MSNBC's Hallie Jackson.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/andy-card-impeachment

Anti Globalist
10-14-2019, 03:38 PM
I don't know who the next president is going to be after Trump, but I'm willing to get one of Trumps former aides will say the next president after him should be impeached.