PDA

View Full Version : Why does NPR still piss me off?

acptulsa
09-11-2008, 06:18 AM
Can't be because they're tools. Nothing unusual there. Can't be because my tax money subsidizes their pandering butts. Not like they're alone in this, either. So, why is it I still waste my time typing stuff like this in the mornings?:

Was the Porsche ambulance piece supposed to be funny? Was it news? Is it unusual that more expensive makes are powerful, and therefore more likely to be used for emergency vehicles? Really? Tell it to Packard.

When I was young, smart people who were socially awkward were not hardly considered handicapped. Now we are. How is being very smart a handicap? Since when do people who are different, for both better and worse, get hung with Syndrome Labels and ostracised as lepers?

And what other country on Earth could experience the meltdown of its third largest political party as we experienced yesterday and have it go unnoticed from a news organization that pretends the hardest not to be a tool of the status quo? Russia, check. China, check. Cuba, check. What others?

Something is wrong with you people. Depend on it. Maybe I'll identify it and get my name as recognized as Asperger's name is. You think?

Well, at least I can post it here and actually get it a bit of attention, thank God.

coyote_sprit
09-11-2008, 06:27 AM
And what other country on Earth could experience the meltdown of its third largest political party as we experienced yesterday and have it go unnoticed from a news organization that pretends the hardest not to be a tool of the status quo? Russia, check. China, check. Cuba, check. What others?

If you are referring to the Libertarian party you should know that it hasn't been the third biggest for quite some time now.

acptulsa
09-11-2008, 06:28 AM
If you are referring to the Libertarian party you should know that it hasn't been the third biggest for quite some time now.

No, I suppose I am out of date in this. Yeah, it was less of a violent death and more of a wasting illness. Even so, it feels newsworthy to me...

Truth Warrior
09-11-2008, 06:30 AM
Perhaps because you are paying for their statist "left-wing" propaganda "brainwashing" reinforcement and apologetics. ;)

moostraks
09-11-2008, 06:31 AM

It has huge name recognition...Yet mum's the word when they could be poised to shift an election where the rhino really is more of a democrat.

moostraks
09-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Can't be because they're tools. Nothing unusual there. Can't be because my tax money subsidizes their pandering butts. Not like they're alone in this, either. So, why is it I still waste my time typing stuff like this in the mornings?:

Was the Porsche ambulance piece supposed to be funny? Was it news? Is it unusual that more expensive makes are powerful, and therefore more likely to be used for emergency vehicles? Really? Tell it to Packard.

When I was young, smart people who were socially awkward were not hardly considered handicapped. Now we are. How is being very smart a handicap? Since when do people who are different, for both better and worse, get hung with Syndrome Labels and ostracised as lepers?

Something is wrong with you people. Depend on it. Maybe I'll identify it and get my name as recognized as Asperger's name is. You think?

Well, at least I can post it here and actually get it a bit of attention, thank God.

Vent away...I haven't listened to npr since I left atlanta area. Sounds like a banner morning. Hope you diagnosis what we got 'cause if there's a pill that will make us normal...Nah...nevermind we wouldn't want to go back anyways its too much fun being "different";)But at least we could get some press for...oh crap nevermind there too:D

powerofreason
09-11-2008, 06:38 AM
Its about the only way leftists can get on the airwaves and have more than 12 people listen. Seriously, no one wants to hear their whinyness.

acptulsa
09-11-2008, 06:40 AM
Perhaps because you are paying for their statist "left-wing" propaganda "brainwashing" reinforcement and apologetics. ;)

And Murdoch's properties are really different in this regard? Really? They may not get cash directly (might not, but I'd be less surprised if they did) but they sure get sufficiently spoon fed that they can fill their 24 hour channels on the cheap and without breaking a sweat.

acptulsa
09-11-2008, 06:52 AM
I guess the worst thing about this morning was a combination of an obvious ignorance of history (anyone else old enough to remember how common Cadillac ambulance conversions once were?), an obvious attempt to keep us ignorant, and an obvious attempt to paint intelligent people as unhealthy all coming together from the network that was once a refuge for intelligent people. It is like the final, fatal step in the dumbing down of this nation. :mad:

Truth Warrior
09-11-2008, 06:56 AM
And Murdoch's properties are really different in this regard? Really? They may not get cash directly (might not, but I'd be less surprised if they did) but they sure get sufficiently spoon fed that they can fill their 24 hour channels on the cheap and without breaking a sweat.
Nope, the MSM is the same old CRAP too.<IMHO> ;)

Arklatex
09-11-2008, 07:05 AM
It's allright acptulsa.... I hear ya man.

angelatc
09-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Why does NPR still tick you off? Maybe because you still listen to them? :D

MelissaWV
09-11-2008, 07:18 AM

I consider my thunder stolen. I was about to post this very thing.

acptulsa
09-11-2008, 07:21 AM

:D:D

Well, I suppose I should just wake to music and freaking give up on the notion that living in the most advanced nation on earth means I can be informed in the morning (like I used to be when technology was twenty years less advanced)...

:(

Matt Collins
09-11-2008, 08:49 AM
I have been to the NPR studios in Nashville and it is top of the line. They overspent a LOT of money building their facility.

angelatc
09-11-2008, 09:17 AM
:D:D

Well, I suppose I should just wake to music and freaking give up on the notion that living in the most advanced nation on earth means I can be informed in the morning (like I used to be when technology was twenty years less advanced)...

:(

In CHicago, of all places, I could listen to the NPR morning show with only a minimal amount of scoffing.

One of my favorite unfavorite pieces was about a free clinic that was closing down. They had money, church space, volunteers, drug company donations....everything except patients. Apparently people prefer to go to the emergency rooms these days.

And yet it was somehow the drug companies fault, or something.

Another was about a Wal-Mart employee who couldn't get promoted. She had (and this is pretty much how NPR described her) bad teeth, no high school education, didn't brush her hair or take enough showers. Her managers had given her advice about moving up the ladder, including referring her to a local dental clinic. She chose to go to NPR and complain instead.

I am really disgusted by the class warfare they openly promote these days though. And they're beating the drums of war against Iran.

I don't have any use for them any more, and would certainly vote against funding them.

Rhys
09-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Nationalist Public Radio? they make you mad? ;)