09-11-2008, 03:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmSuPDQMEO0

also currently he is on their website front page

http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/30258

Conza88
09-11-2008, 03:51 AM
LOL Nader is a libertarian? :confused:

Good on ya Barr... you asshat. lol

Anyway... what is the deal with Russia... they seem to be fighting against the nwo military arm (USA)...

So... ahh I should be cheering for them? lol..

Arklatex
09-11-2008, 04:10 AM
Why does Russia have better coverage of the press conference than the United States media??

Kilrain
09-11-2008, 04:19 AM
Why does Russia have better coverage of the press conference than the United States media??

Because RP is one of few prominent people in the US that doesn't want to take sides in Country Deathmatch: Russia vs. Georgia. At least that's what I think.

Malakai
09-11-2008, 05:28 AM
Well RP's positions are not just positive for us but positive to the rest of the world, from the smallest most powerless countries (iran) to big ones (russia and china).

mcgraw_wv
09-11-2008, 06:07 AM
Why do they speak english on Russia news programs? am I the only one who finds that odd?

voytechs
09-11-2008, 06:46 AM

That was funny. http://www.tech-faq.com/emoticons/animated-emoticons/smiley_39.gif (http://www.tech-faq.com/emoticons/animated-emoticons/emoticons.shtml)

brunner
09-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Here is the clip from the official Russia Today channel, which I have become a huge fan of recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4eziIex_dQ

brandon
09-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Wow, the differences in our medias is astonishing.

Currently the headline story is about 9/11 truth, and Paul's story is the 2nd main story. However, there are no attempts made to link the two stories together in an effort to discredit them like we see in the USA all the time.

brunner
09-11-2008, 07:22 AM
You're right.

At one point, I almost started to think that maybe my (pretty low) media standards were too high. But no... Russia Today consistently offers anti-war, pro-freedom coverage.

I haven't been watching Al Jazeera English for as long, but they've been pretty pro-Paul and have been the only ones I've seen to cover the situation in Somalia without promoting the US-backed Ethiopian military.

robmpreston
09-11-2008, 07:31 AM
The Russian reporter who was there was SMOKING hot. Jesus. I failed to make a move on her even though we talked a bit, stupid >_<

RockEnds
09-11-2008, 07:34 AM

Ha ha.

Conza88
09-11-2008, 07:52 AM
The Russian reporter who was there was SMOKING hot. Jesus. I failed to make a move on her even though we talked a bit, stupid >_<

NOooooooooooooo! Man, always got to give it a go.

No regrets.

robmpreston
09-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Being in DC is a bit of a confidence killer. Everyone's so perfectly groomed. Lol.

Conza88
09-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Being in DC is a bit of a confidence killer. Everyone's so perfectly groomed. Lol.

Is probably KGB anyway ;)

ValidusCustodiae
09-11-2008, 08:09 AM

The one at the end? Oh yeah, I was just thinking the same thing.

robmpreston
09-11-2008, 08:12 AM
The one at the end? Oh yeah, I was just thinking the same thing.

Was she in the youtube? Didn't watch it lol.

EDIT: Yeah that's her. She looks better in person.

jacmicwag
09-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Is probably KGB anyway ;)

When in doubt, send Shem in for the kill.

Conza88
09-11-2008, 08:44 AM
When in doubt, send Shem in for the kill.

LMFAO! :D Shem is an unstoppable force of nature. :cool:

m72mc
09-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Why do they speak english on Russia news programs? am I the only one who finds that odd?

RT is always in English, great cause you always get translations when they have interviews in Russian etc..

I remember from the press conference she wanted to interview Ron Paul and all the candidates......

Zolah
09-11-2008, 08:48 AM

That's a great point, Al Jazeera have always had positive coverage of Paul and the only coverage I saw of the Rally for the Republic was on Al Jazeera. It definitely says something about the special-interest-driven media in Europe and USA.

brunner
09-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Well, I don't think the reason is that Al Jazeera doesn't care about their own interests. I think it's because it's in Al Jazeera's interest not to get bombed to hell and back by the US.

I would imagine the situation for Russia Today is similar.

No media is completely unbiased. It just happens that the rest of the world is dying for some peace right now.

Alawn
09-11-2008, 10:19 AM
That's a great point, Al Jazeera have always had positive coverage of Paul and the only coverage I saw of the Rally for the Republic was on Al Jazeera. It definitely says something about the special-interest-driven media in Europe and USA.

Russia Today had very positive coverage of the Rally for the Republic too.