PDA

View Full Version : Lawson moneybomb signups are going faster than last time!

Jeremy
09-10-2008, 10:44 PM
http://www.lawsonlibertyfund.com/

62 as of now. If I remember, this is more than before. In the end we had about 200 pledges. But that's not good enough! Help get the word out. =)

only 6 more days! wow

amy31416
09-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Woot!

(I am not a dog killer ya sominabitch)

slacker921
09-12-2008, 07:42 PM
It's kind of stalled out at 88 now.. come on... ?!

MRoCkEd
09-12-2008, 08:04 PM
everyone please sign up for this

Orgoonian
09-12-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm in

JS4Pat
09-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Just registered and "dugg it" but the numbers didn't change.. :confused:

Orgoonian
09-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Just registered and "dugg it" but the numbers didn't change.. :confused:

Yea,seems to be stuck at 88

dr. hfn
09-12-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm in! I've been posting it on the C4L blogs!!! Why isn't anyone signing up!?!?!?!?

james1844
09-12-2008, 08:36 PM
No worries you guys, they only update the ticker count once per day. There are a lot more people who have signed up.

This money bomb will be a big success.

dr. hfn
09-12-2008, 08:39 PM
HE WANTS $100,000! Thats roughly 6,000 pledges!

Pledge or die!

jcarcinogen
09-12-2008, 08:42 PM
If you are not connected to the 4th District of North Carolina, how is it ethical to influence an election that elects a man that is supposed to be representative of his constituency? I know thats how politics works and I am not saying do not do what you are doing but it is a blip on my ethical radar.

Carole
09-12-2008, 08:48 PM
http://www.lawsonlibertyfund.com/

62 as of now. If I remember, this is more than before. In the end we had about 200 pledges. But that's not good enough! Help get the word out. =)

only 6 more days! wow
He even sounds a bit like Dr. Paul. :)

RP4EVER
09-12-2008, 10:19 PM
If you are not connected to the 4th District of North Carolina, how is it ethical to influence an election that elects a man that is supposed to be representative of his constituency? I know thats how politics works and I am not saying do not do what you are doing but it is a blip on my ethical radar.

Do Federal laws voted for by one person affect just that persons district? No....they affect all of us. The more people we have in DC looking out for the Constitution the better off we will be; wether they directly represent you or not.

libertarian4321
09-12-2008, 11:07 PM

You're kidding, right?

Just for fun, pick ANY competitive congressional race, anywhere in the country. You'll see scads of money flowing in from outside the district.

BTW, in many states, you don't even have to live in the district you are running in.

The notion that congressmen only represent their district is extremely naive. Sure, they try to bring home the pork, but thats only to help themselves get re-elected.

These guys all think about themselves, their party, the nation, and their district, in that order.

Jeremy
09-12-2008, 11:17 PM

It's more ethical for the incumbent to be paid by big national lobbyist? Ya.... uh... you didn't think that through :rolleyes:

hotbrownsauce
09-13-2008, 02:45 AM

We aren't forcing anyone to vote any certain way... so I don't feel it is unethical.

hotbrownsauce
09-13-2008, 02:46 AM
I think the Counter is stuck on his website... I signed up as number 89 hours ago and it still hasn't registerd and I checked my e-mail and verfied and all that good stuff.

smarty927
09-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Bump

pacelli
09-13-2008, 12:25 PM

The answer is that it is relative- In the same way that people from the grassroots all over the US donated to Ron Paul's congressional campaign.

smarty927
09-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Is it ethical that our opponent has taken over $3 million is special interest PACs over his terms? No, and it's not unethical for us to raise money for the Lawson for Congress campaign because it ultimately depends on the voters. Funding has always come externally for nearly every Congressional campaign. :-)