PDA

View Full Version : Does Baldwin think God Caused 9/11?

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 10:00 PM
http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2001/cbarchive_20010914.html

It is, therefore, imperative that America returns to God! For nearly a half-century, we have forsaken the moral principles of Heaven. We have legally murdered too many unborn babies. We have too readily accepted aberrant, sexual behavior. We kicked Heaven out of our schools, out of our homes, and out of our hearts. As a result, God is giving us a little taste of Hell.

Blowback much?

Brassmouth
09-10-2008, 10:02 PM
:rolleyes:

RSLudlum
In that's the case, It definitely was "an inside job". ;)

Jeremy
9/11 was an above job?

Spider-Man
09-10-2008, 10:04 PM
In the sense that the hand of Providence guides all the affairs of men, yes, God causes 9/11 to exist. Just as he causes every single event and atom to exist by forever and at all times willing it into being.

idiom
09-10-2008, 10:05 PM
It is, therefore, imperative that America returns to God! For nearly a half-century, we have forsaken the moral principles of Heaven. We have legally murdered too many foreign babies. We have too readily accepted aberrant military behavior. We kicked Heaven out of our neighbours, out of our allies, and out of our hearts. As a result, God is giving us a little taste of Hell.

There, I fixed it for him.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-10-2008, 10:05 PM
alright, I'm retracting my statement about possibly voting for this guy. ick

nader it is ._.

Alawn
09-10-2008, 10:06 PM
From what I have heard he believes it was an inside job not that God did it.

Jeremy
09-10-2008, 10:07 PM
alright, I'm retracting my statement about possibly voting for this guy. ick

nader it is ._.

no

people are attacking Barr and Baldwin because they support the other and thats the main competitor. dont be fooled. nader is a scary dude... you would honestly vote for universal healthcare?

V4Vendetta
09-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Baldwin thinks 9/11 needs an independent investigation

libertythor
09-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Yes. That just ruined any chance that I was going to vote for Baldwin.

I will be voting for Barr, the only decent choice.

Alawn
He is definitely at least open to the idea that it might have been a conspiracy and thinks there should be a new investigation.

Bman
Baldwin thinks 9/11 needs an independent investigation

Why. He already said god did it. I think he has his answer.

Sorry, you opened yourself up for that one.

BuddyRey
09-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Planes caused 9/11. God just supplied the gravity.

idiom
09-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Nader /= Hillarycare.

Universal healthinsurance is the Worst of all possible worlds.

Universal State healthcare works fine in numerous countries. Congress would still screw it up however.

Alawn
09-10-2008, 10:15 PM
That was an old statement and he probably didn't mean it literally. I don't think he thinks God had anything to do with it. In every recent interview he has made he leans toward the something is fishy about the official story side.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Some of you clearly missed Philosophy 101. I suggest you get an education if you think he's saying God caused 911. Your diatribe and self-admission of baked potato'ness is embarrassing

Start with some CS Lewis perhaps to understand Baldwin's worldview.

tpreitzel
09-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Why. He already said god did it. I think he has his answer.

Sorry, you opened yourself up for that one.

Nonsense. I should actually reprint the WHOLE article instead of just a sentence.

"There is one more lesson. Our Founding Fathers knew that our nation's protection was ultimately in the hands of God. Freedom and security are the blessings of God. Since God was no idle spectator when our country was birthed, He is no idle spectator today. Both blessing and judgment belong to Him. He can accomplish either according to His will.

It is, therefore, imperative that America returns to God! For nearly a half-century, we have forsaken the moral principles of Heaven. We have legally murdered too many unborn babies. We have too readily accepted aberrant, sexual behavior. We kicked Heaven out of our schools, out of our homes, and out of our hearts. As a result, God is giving us a little taste of Hell."

The basis for Chuck's statement is the DOI. Just as our founders appealed to God for protection, our founders knew that God would withdraw his Hand of protection for disobedience. . I do agree that Chuck's choice of words, "God is giving us a little taste of Hell", could have been worded more appropriately. God doesn't willingly put anyone through Hell. A people's behavior leads to God withdrawing his protection from them collectively as a nation while preserving the faithful individually.

Bman
09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Nonsense. I should actually reprint the WHOLE article instead of just a sentence.

"There is one more lesson. Our Founding Fathers knew that our nation's protection was ultimately in the hands of God. Freedom and security are the blessings of God. Since God was no idle spectator when our country was birthed, He is no idle spectator today. Both blessing and judgment belong to Him. He can accomplish either according to His will.

It is, therefore, imperative that America returns to God! For nearly a half-century, we have forsaken the moral principles of Heaven. We have legally murdered too many unborn babies. We have too readily accepted aberrant, sexual behavior. We kicked Heaven out of our schools, out of our homes, and out of our hearts. As a result, God is giving us a little taste of Hell."

Most of you need to reread the DOI and you'll see the basis for Chuck's statement. I do agree that Chuck's choice of words, "God is giving us a little taste of Hell", could have been worded more appropriately. God doesn't willingly put anyone through Hell. A people's behavior leads to God withdrawing his protection from them collectively as a nation while preserving the faithful individually. Maybe, tomorrow, I'll post parts of the DOI.

C'mon now. I was obviously not being serious. I grew up in a church. It was a brethren church. Reformed German church for anyone up on church history. I know what was meant. I'm just busting balls.

Nirvikalpa
09-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Look at the date of the article... funny, Barr supporters complain "people can change," to justify voting for a man that has supported the Patriot Act, the Iraq War, etc, yet they post articles that are old and do not support what the other candidate currently states, and that is ok.

Come on. Let people vote for who they want to vote for, we shouldnt be forcing people away from Barr or Baldwin to NADER - FFS.

tpreitzel
09-10-2008, 10:43 PM
C'mon now. I was obviously not being serious. I grew up in a church. It was a brethren church. Reformed German church for anyone up on church history. I know what was meant. I'm just busting balls.

I'm tired and I apologize. Time to sleep. :)