PDA

View Full Version : Video - What Ron Paul is like when he's angry

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo

:(

Brassmouth
09-10-2008, 09:22 PM
That was great! I literally laughed out loud. Well I'm glad he didn't use that approach during this run, but ya gotta love an honest politician when you see one. :D

Spider-Man
09-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Wow. Owned.

Roonie
09-10-2008, 09:24 PM
wow. +1

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 09:31 PM
I, and I'm sure many other people, heard that Ron Paul had to be "reminded to lower his voice" behind the scenes at the press conference, so I figured I'd find what he sounds like when he's angry, because we never get to see him like that.

Kind of funny that I had to dig back 20 years, though. :D

strapko
09-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Let me quote Lew " YOU GOT OWNED"

Spider-Man
09-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Bump for posterity.

Chester Copperpot
09-10-2008, 11:47 PM
You know, every time I see this video I think back to how I would have thought back in 1988 when I was 19 or 20... and I probably would have agreed with the stupid kid about fighting the war on drugs, using the military, etc...

But then hearing Ron Paul's response would have made much sense.. You can see how Lisa Sliwa (female guardian angel) suddenly gets a pensive look on her face when Ron Paul says that the government cannot force you to be a better person.. At that point, it looks like his words sink in.. but then he gets angry and has to tell the kid about losing weight, and it becomes more inflammatory drama.

I may not have voted for Ron Paul back in 1988.. Of course if I knew then what I knew now, I sure would...

Conza88
09-11-2008, 02:23 AM
When I saw the title.... I KNEW it'd be this video. :)

Knightskye
09-11-2008, 10:19 AM

;)

danberkeley
09-11-2008, 10:24 AM
best video EVVAAARRRRRR!!!! :D

dannno
09-11-2008, 10:42 AM
When the crowd starts chanting "Just say No! Just say No!" I almost lost my lunch the first time I saw this...

The whole half hour is worth the watch. There was so much brainwashing that occurred back then with the drug war..

Kilrain
09-11-2008, 10:52 AM
When the crowd starts chanting "Just say No! Just say No!" I almost lost my lunch the first time I saw this...

The whole half hour is worth the watch. There was so much brainwashing that occurred back then with the drug war..

It's kinda funny. I do just "say no". I think that drugs are horrible. I tried marijuana once because of bad judgment and peer pressure and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. My wife has always been a drug-liberal, but we made an agreement that no drugs would be allowed in our house when we got married.

Having said that, I really don't give a flying f*** if people want to use drugs and I will support their right to do so, because as long as you don't harm anyone else, it's a private matter. Get stoned, get high or do whatever you want to do, but if you harm my family I will come down on you like the fist of an angry god!

Drugs for me=no. Drugs for you=your choice.

jacmicwag
09-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Yea, Paul caught my ear first time around. What he said made sense and I voted for him in
88'. Some things never change.

Knightskye
09-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Yea, Paul caught my ear first time around. What he said made sense and I voted for him in
88'. Some things never change.

:)

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Honestly, I wish he'd done this in the debates. Not that I have any illusions of him being our nominee, but the only people who appreciate his humility are those who've been on board since the beginning.

Andrew-Austin
09-11-2008, 09:04 PM

Oreo cookies for you and me, for guessing right.

Chubby guy who does not understand personal responsibility -0

Skinny Paul man +1

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-11-2008, 09:14 PM
My wife has always been a drug-liberal, but we made an agreement that no drugs would be allowed in our house when we got married.Did you really agree, or did you lay that down as a rule with no compromise?

As for your experience, you got what was coming. Psychoactive drugs conform to your psychology, and as you were expecting a bad experience, you got one. Perhaps, try it again in a safer setting, with an open mind.

And hey, there's really no such thing as peer pressure. When a group of people offer to get you stoned, considering the high cost of quality pot and the legal risks in obtaining it, that's not peer pressure. That's called fucking good friendship.

Jeremy
09-11-2008, 09:15 PM
When this first came on the internet, someone asked RP about it. RP said he wish it wasn't out and that the TV people told them to act like that because that's how the show works. Of course no one back then could even comprehend what the internet would be. hehe :p

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-11-2008, 09:27 PM
TV people told them to act like that because that's how the show works.He did a killer job of it, though. Most other politicians would have come off as fake.

Knightskye
09-12-2008, 09:04 AM
When this first came on the internet, someone asked RP about it. RP said he wish it wasn't out and that the TV people told them to act like that because that's how the show works. Of course no one back then could even comprehend what the internet would be. hehe :p

The internet really didn't exist back then, right? It was just a very low-tech forum - *coughcough*. :D

But I think that was Ron Paul doing the shouting, not the TV execs. Since when does he follow the rules?

bluto20
09-12-2008, 09:18 AM
ahh such a classic

wizardwatson
09-12-2008, 09:19 AM
"Why don't they put you on a diet, you're a little overweight?!" - Ron Paul

And here, Ron Paul is prophetic on all this banning of trans-fat nonsense. Ron Paul should stop talking about worst-case scenarios for infringers of liberty, I think they're stealing his ideas.

:D

Jeremy
09-12-2008, 09:21 AM
"Why don't they put you on a diet, you're a little overweight?!" - Ron Paul

And here, Ron Paul is prophetic on all this banning of trans-fat nonsense. Ron Paul should stop talking about worst-case scenarios for infringers of liberty, I think they're stealing his ideas.

:D

He also told the host to stop smoking since it's bad for him... he died a few years ago from lung cancer!

The internet really didn't exist back then, right? It was just a very low-tech forum - *coughcough*. :D

But I think that was Ron Paul doing the shouting, not the TV execs. Since when does he follow the rules?

not even that back then!