PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check: Quit focusing on the Presidential Race!!!

malkusm
09-10-2008, 09:12 PM
...and focus on what is REALLY important here: taking the GOP by storm.

They have 45% of the vote, and 98% of their people are mindless idiots who show up once every 4 years to pull the lever.

You have no idea how many times I've heard things like: "I participated in my county GOP meeting for the first time this year...there were only 20 people there! If I'd only brought a few friends, we could have completely changed the platform!"

Well, BRING the friends! Your county GOP can have a completely pro-liberty platform, and most importantly, LEADERSHIP, in 6 months, if you take the time to go to the meetings, sign up for the spots, and bring everyone you can get. Call them 3 or 4 times. Develop a buddy system. Get them there any way you can.

Local ownership of the GOP = ownership of the local funds = promoting liberty-minded candidates and doing things in the community that promote the message. Spend the local GOP budget buying pocket Constitutions and handing them out! Spend the budget going to local schools and teaching the importance of the Founding Fathers! The rest of the GOP will fall in line because they are FOLLOWERS. They will vote for the guy with the (R) every time no matter what. Become the (R).

It's not quick, but it's a hell of a lot more effective than sitting here pissing and moaning about what you're going to do with your one vote among millions that will be cast for the President this year.

runningdiz
09-10-2008, 09:15 PM
AMEN BJ Lawson. Its funny that if we supported him and cared as much as everyone cares about these hopeless third parties he might win!

DeadheadForPaul
09-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Great post! I'm about to focus on the other races. Just found out about Lawson a few hours ago

malkusm
09-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Bump for sanity....

Rangeley
09-10-2008, 09:44 PM
+1776

Ninja Homer
09-10-2008, 09:57 PM

They have 45% of the vote, and 98% of their people are mindless idiots who show up once every 4 years to pull the lever.

You have no idea how many times I've heard things like: "I participated in my county GOP meeting for the first time this year...there were only 20 people there! If I'd only brought a few friends, we could have completely changed the platform!"

Well, BRING the friends! Your county GOP can have a completely pro-liberty platform, and most importantly, LEADERSHIP, in 6 months, if you take the time to go to the meetings, sign up for the spots, and bring everyone you can get. Call them 3 or 4 times. Develop a buddy system. Get them there any way you can.

Local ownership of the GOP = ownership of the local funds = promoting liberty-minded candidates and doing things in the community that promote the message. Spend the local GOP budget buying pocket Constitutions and handing them out! Spend the budget going to local schools and teaching the importance of the Founding Fathers! The rest of the GOP will fall in line because they are FOLLOWERS. They will vote for the guy with the (R) every time no matter what. Become the (R).

It's not quick, but it's a hell of a lot more effective than sitting here pissing and moaning about what you're going to do with your one vote among millions that will be cast for the President this year.

Thanks, great post! Ron Paul's plan hasn't changed... Take over the GOP, and keep spreading the message. Politically speaking, the GOP is a great big battleship without anybody on board but the captains. We can take it over.

Ninja Homer
09-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Great post! I'm about to focus on the other races. Just found out about Lawson a few hours ago

Hey DeadheadForPaul, I haven't seen you around here in ages.

malkusm
09-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Bump...because some people still don't get it....

kombayn
09-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Once the General Election is over, people will be able to focus on Congressional races and local/state elections. Going around calling people idiots for being interested in a Presidential race is not smart or rational. You think you would take some of your own advice instead down-talking. Be more constructive in your criticisms, not babbling like a college student.

BarryDonegan
09-11-2008, 02:12 PM
agreed.

the POTUS election was over for us when paul dropped out and then didn't chose to endorse any specific candidate.

that means we have no dog in the hunt, we need to focus on races we can get behind a single guy for.

malkusm
09-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Once the General Election is over, people will be able to focus on Congressional races and local/state elections. Going around calling people idiots for being interested in a Presidential race is not smart or rational. You think you would take some of your own advice instead down-talking. Be more constructive in your criticisms, not babbling like a college student.

1) I called no one here an idiot. I said that your vote in the Presidential election is almost meaningless compared to what we could be doing, and what Dr. Paul has urged us to do, to take back the GOP. His press conference yesterday basically said, "Just don't vote for the 2 major parties." i.e. It doesn't matter who you vote for, or if you vote at all, in the race.

2) I have taken my own advice - I am involved in local party politics. That was my only word of advice.

3) I am a college student, and I resent your blanket stereotype. My criticism was that there are 50 posts in grassroots today about the Presidential race....and how many of those people are doing anything to ensure future success?

Mortikhi
09-11-2008, 02:21 PM
2010 is going to be a big election time for where I am. Several offices up for grabs, many due to those currently in office are about to start their final term (term limit).

LittleLightShining
09-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Once the General Election is over, people will be able to focus on Congressional races and local/state elections. Going around calling people idiots for being interested in a Presidential race is not smart or rational. You think you would take some of your own advice instead down-talking. Be more constructive in your criticisms, not babbling like a college student.Well, I thought most states had more people to vote for than POTUS in November. Now is the time to concentrate locally in the GOP. If we put our energies into the local and state candidates from here on out we do have a significant opportunity to affect the GOP.

Personally I'm not going to stop talking about the presidential race and why I still can't support McCain with those who want to have the conversation but it's not my primary focus right now in the GOP meetings. Build the bridges, folks. Build the bridges.

Nice post, malkusm.

RonPaulFever
09-11-2008, 02:45 PM

Your a bright guy and I always enjoy your posts. Agreed 110%!

V3n
09-12-2008, 06:11 AM
This is the most sensible post I've seen on this forum all week!

Agreed!!

Matt Collins
09-12-2008, 10:21 AM
As part of the CFL ideal I am trying to get more involved with my local GOP.

How am I doing this?

Well, I have told my local county GOP organization that I would be willing to serve as a poll watcher. After becoming a member of my local GOP a few months ago and attending several meetings, I e-mailed the chairman and told him I would be happy to help the GOP verify the counting of the ballots (it's all electronic in TN unfortunately) or to be a part of whatever verification process takes place. In a few weeks they will be sending me to a local government school for those who are poll watching.

In an e-mail the chairman sent out to the person in charge he said: "I have met Matt at several of our functions and I think he will bring some great energy..."

Everyone should consider doing the same thing. It's a great way to get your name well known within your local GOP

pauletteNV
09-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Bump for sanity....

Here's to sanity. Yesterday I attended a local GOP meeting and found myself feeling like a misplaced piece of cutlery. I kept thinking to myself, relax and listen and learn. Learn how to best approach these people with the same sort of reasonable attitude as just displayed by Malkusm. I vow to now avoid all contentious posts and to read posts with valuable information and ideas, avoiding trolls and disruptors. Malkusm, appreciate your leading the way.