PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Paul run as Bob Barr's running mate? OF COURSE!

swatmc
09-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Seriously.
Just for the simple fact that he will remain a visible figure and active participant that is still campaign for reform. He will still be interviewed by the media and he will still be able to promote his ideas.

Will he win? Probably not. I just think it's better for him to "settle" for a VP spot under a not so perfect candidate then to almost give up entirely.

What's the worst thing that can happen if Ron Paul runs as a VP for Barr? I don't get it.

idiom
09-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Well, you are right, you don't get it.

Kotin
09-10-2008, 09:11 PM
he will most likely lose his seat in congress and discredit all of us who told the republicans we were one of them and wanted to return to our principles because they will think they were right in saying he wasnt a real republican.

its not worth it at all.. it would not be the best route for us, the Revolution, and Ron Paul himself knows this..

we are doing what Barry Goldwater did...

sorry if It takes a little time ;)

gls
09-10-2008, 09:16 PM
What's the worst thing that can happen if Ron Paul runs as a VP for Barr? I don't get it.

It will cut the legs out from under the C4L (which AFAIK has the goal of using a system of precinct leaders to take back the GOP), and if not lose him his seat altogether, would lose him his assignments to the House Financial Services Committee, the International Relations committee, and the Joint Economic Committee.

He had two nominations (LP & CP) for his taking. He didn't want them. This was just a cheap publicity stunt by the Barr campaign, which knew very well he would not accept.

swatmc
09-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Fine, fine.

But jesus man, we are going to have 4 years of Mccain/Obama.

I just would hate to see that happen without putting up the strongest fight possible.

ClockwiseSpark
09-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Fine, fine.

But jesus man, we are going to have 4 years of Mccain/Obama.

I just would hate to see that happen without putting up the strongest fight possible.

That was the inevitable outcome. Our purpose continues to be educating the masses.