PDA

View Full Version : A six way debate?

forsmant
09-10-2008, 08:27 PM
What would a six way debate be like if the four minor parties agree on the four principles? That would make the to main parties the minority on the national stage. Brilliant!

RSLudlum
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
That's why I love the idea. It's an absolutely beautiful way of getting the public out of the 'only 2 choice' mentality.

Rangeley
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Its why its not gonna happen.

forsmant
09-10-2008, 08:39 PM
It will happen.
have some confidence.

RSLudlum
09-10-2008, 08:43 PM
If the media is smart and wants alot to talk about (bringing alot more viewers) they would seriously consider this idea. One thing the media feeds on is controversy and something like haveing more candidates/issues at the debate would prove bountiful fodder for the flock!! ;)

Curiousity killed the cat, and just might do the same for the major parties. :D

LibertyInJeopardy
09-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Its why its not gonna happen.

Who is going to stop it?

Ron Paul has gotten the ball rolling. The third parties can come together and have THEIR OWN debates. Eventually, the two current major parties will NEED to respond to what happens in those debates.

CUnknown
09-10-2008, 09:31 PM
3rd parties really should have their own debates. When will this happen? They need to get the ball rolling and do it! They can even invite McCain and Obama. ;)

LibertyInJeopardy
09-10-2008, 09:38 PM
3rd parties really should have their own debates. When will this happen? They need to get the ball rolling and do it! They can even invite McCain and Obama. ;)

This will happen as soon as people stop squabbling over issues that can be resolved by the constitution and get back to fighting FOR the constitution. Follow Ron Paul's lead and push for third party debates.

RSLudlum
09-10-2008, 09:51 PM
This will happen as soon as people stop squabbling over issues that can be resolved by the constitution and get back to fighting FOR the constitution.

Does the Constitution say anything about limiting pigs and pitbulls access to lipstick??

I propose an 8th commandment to Animalism:

The Eight (formerly Seven) Commandments

1. Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
2. Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
3. No animal shall wear clothes.
4. No animal shall sleep in a bed.
5. No animal shall drink alcohol.
6. No animal shall kill any other animal.
7. All animals are equal.
8. No animal shall wear lipstick. ;)

AJ Antimony
09-10-2008, 09:55 PM
I like Ron's idea...

They didn't invite us to the Republican debates so we went across the street and had our own, bigger rally.

They didn't invite us to the Republican National Convention so we went across the river and had our own, more exciting rally.

They won't let us into the debates, so we should have our own across the street with a bigger crowd. Three same-day Presidential debates plus a VP debate. Sounds good to me.

ladyjade3
09-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Three rules for candidates:

1) You may show up and debate
2) You may send a surrogate.
or
3) We will appoint a surrogate for you.
alternate 3) We will find video clips of you answering the questions in the past and play them.

I think at least the media would show up for that debate. But we need 3 or 4 candidates to agree to debate and I don't know if we can even get that now...

LibertyInJeopardy
09-10-2008, 09:59 PM

or
alternate 3) We will find video clips of you answering the questions in the past and play them.

I think at least the media would show up for that debate. But we need 3 or 4 candidates to agree to debate and I don't know if we can even get that now...

I'd be against surrogates. If you're too good for the debate, the debate is too good for you.

xtravar
09-10-2008, 10:05 PM

or

I like that idea. If the Democratic and Republican views aren't presented, the debate could just be written off as some kooks getting together. So, get some surrogates, either directly from those campaigns or from whatever rubbish bin those talk shows get their pundits. Proceed to label the surrogates as "representing Obama/McCain's view".

Regardless of the outcome, third parties would get tons more exposure. If the surrogate says something controversial or incorrect, bonus points because the major campaigns will have to choose to respond or ignore... and at that point they might not be able to ignore.

Just like the news picks up nonsensical headlines like "Obama says palin is a pig", we could possibly bate them into "Obama surrogate at debate says Palin is a pig".

Rangeley
09-10-2008, 10:07 PM
That would be pretty interesting.

Original_Intent
09-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Too bad no major media outlet would cover it. It would jsut be the internet junkiws that are already fans that would ever see or hear about the debates.

ladyjade3
09-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Too bad no major media outlet would cover it. It would jsut be the internet junkiws that are already fans that would ever see or hear about the debates.

I think if you create an event like this, they would.

slacker921
09-10-2008, 10:30 PM
I like the "show up or we'll find old Youtube clips of you".

And I think if the media really wants some ratings they'd do this. People are bored with Obama vs. McCain... we've been hearing from these two non-stop for 9 months. Palin brought some fresh entertainment, but they're already reaching the end of that game.

fatdumb
09-10-2008, 10:58 PM
This is sounding very good, Make it happen

idiom
09-10-2008, 11:07 PM
How would you make Barr show up?

scandinaviany3
09-10-2008, 11:15 PM
2 day forum...progressives first...cynthia, ralph and obama...let them debate it out

Then second debate the conservatives bob, chuck and mccain

2nd day should be then the 6 person debates.