PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Fred Thompson

BLS
09-03-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm going to be PROactive here for a minute.

When Fred Thompson declares this week, which he will, we need to remember and understand a few things.

It'll be a media frenzy for about a week. Deal with it.
It's not going to do any good to get huffy.

He'll start polling in HUGE numbers. HE alone will be our biggest enemy in this race. He's the GOP's darling, and they want to paint the Ronald Reagan stamp on him, because he's a freaking sheep too.

If all of it gets to the point where you feel like we can't win, then you gotta get mad. Get more involved. Get more active. Ron Paul can sell himself. All we have to do is get more people to know his name. That's it.

OK..I know I sound like I'm preaching...but I'm sitting here thinking...'man, when FT announces, people are going to go sour left and right.'

My point is this: DO NOT LET IT GET YOU DOWN.
If it does anything, it will be this:

1. Now we only have 1 candidate to worry about instead of 4
2. It should get more people motivated to get off their a$$e$ and take their country back.

Remember, FT wants to continue the war in Iraq.
THAT's the only selling point you should need.
If somebody is clearly for the war in Iraq, you'll probably never sway them our way anyway, so just call it a loss, and move on to the majority of undecided, uninformed, unRonPauled people out there.

MicroBalrog
09-03-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm for the war and for Paul.

Do yuo want the war, or do you want your Freedom?

Hurricane Bruiser
09-03-2007, 08:34 PM
I'll take freedom anyday!

BLS
09-03-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm for the war and for Paul.

Do yuo want the war, or do you want your Freedom?

Umm...Freedom? Is it a rhetorical question?

LibertyEagle
09-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Fred's anti-gun voting history is a good selling point too.

http://conservativesagainstfred.wordpress.com/2007/06/11/fred-thompsons-anti-gun-senate-record/

MozoVote
09-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Fred Thompson appearances should be a focual point for RP supporters. Consider every Fred Thompson speech a RP rally!!

bbachtung
09-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Fred will have to come out swinging against Giuliani pretty quickly to try to knock the wind out of his "front runner" sails. Giuliani will fight back hard. This is good for Ron Paul.

FSP-Rebel
09-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Fred Thompson appearances should be a focual point for RP supporters. Consider every Fred Thompson speech a RP rally!!
Yezzir

ross11988
09-03-2007, 09:49 PM
will Fred be in the the debate Wednesday?

MozoVote
09-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Yeah, it's easy to forget that there are other people in the race besides Ron, that are trying to win. ;) It will be interesting to see what the reception from HuckRudy McRomney is to Fred finally plodding in.

BLS
09-03-2007, 09:55 PM

No, because he won't announce until Thursday.

devil21
09-03-2007, 10:57 PM

He'll be on Leno stretching out his unequal air time a little more.

Craig_R
09-03-2007, 11:53 PM
http://conservativesagainstfred.wordpress.com/

heres some stuff for dead in the head fred heads

Sematary
09-04-2007, 12:00 AM
I'm going to be PROactive here for a minute.

When Fred Thompson declares this week, which he will, we need to remember and understand a few things.

It'll be a media frenzy for about a week. Deal with it.
It's not going to do any good to get huffy.

He'll start polling in HUGE numbers. HE alone will be our biggest enemy in this race. He's the GOP's darling, and they want to paint the Ronald Reagan stamp on him, because he's a freaking sheep too.

If all of it gets to the point where you feel like we can't win, then you gotta get mad. Get more involved. Get more active. Ron Paul can sell himself. All we have to do is get more people to know his name. That's it.

OK..I know I sound like I'm preaching...but I'm sitting here thinking...'man, when FT announces, people are going to go sour left and right.'

My point is this: DO NOT LET IT GET YOU DOWN.
If it does anything, it will be this:

1. Now we only have 1 candidate to worry about instead of 4
2. It should get more people motivated to get off their a$$e$ and take their country back.

Remember, FT wants to continue the war in Iraq.
THAT's the only selling point you should need.
If somebody is clearly for the war in Iraq, you'll probably never sway them our way anyway, so just call it a loss, and move on to the majority of undecided, uninformed, unRonPauled people out there.

Fred Thompson's pathetic record will doom him.

Spirit of '76
09-04-2007, 07:21 AM
Fred is the establishment's foil against Ron Paul.

Sure, he'll draw a few votes away from the other guys, but have no doubt that the reason he's in this race is to siphon votes away from Ron Paul. I believe that's one of the reasons he waited so long to get in this thing; the establishment wanted to see if Ron's campaign would pick up steam and start presenting a serious threat.

As the race drags on, he's going to start sounding more and more like Ron in his rhetoric (even though you and I know he doesn't mean it). He's going to get lots and lots of free air time from ABC and other networks, in which he's going to talk about the Constitution, smaller government, lower taxes, and all that.

Then, when and if the average conservative voter finally hears about Ron Paul, you know what he's going to say? He's going to say, "This Ron Paul guy sounds a lot like good ol' Fred, only Fred has a chance to win, and he ain't soft on them terrorists, neither."

Fred's not even supposed to win. He's just in this to screw with us.

RockEnds
09-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Fred's not even supposed to win. He's just in this to screw with us.

Agreed.

MyKillK
09-04-2007, 07:41 AM
I actually see Fred Thompson entering the race as a positive.

Think about it...who has the most loyal supporters? Ron Paul. The other main candidates (Romney, Guiliani, McCain) have many supporters which are fence-riders. They may jump ship once Thompson enters the race.

Therefore, Fred Thompson will serve to SPLIT the current front-runners' supporter base. As far as I look at it, there are two types of voters: Those who support Ron Paul and those who do not. The more candidates of the second variety, the better, as they will dilute only their own support base!

quickmike
09-04-2007, 08:04 AM
I actually see Fred Thompson entering the race as a positive.

Think about it...who has the most loyal supporters? Ron Paul. The other main candidates (Romney, Guiliani, McCain) have many supporters which are fence-riders. They may jump ship once Thompson enters the race.

Therefore, Fred Thompson will serve to SPLIT the current front-runners' supporter base. As far as I look at it, there are two types of voters: Those who support Ron Paul and those who do not. The more candidates of the second variety, the better, as they will dilute only their own support base!

I agree with this completely.

Fred Thompson, as far as Ive seen had a lazy mind when it comes to giving details about how he will make real change in washington. He always looks tired and kinda out of it. Once people see him in the debates, they will see the REAL Fred Thompson and serious people will give second thoughts as to why they were ever excited by him in the first place. Sure he will have a small group of intensely loyal supporters who will stick with him no matter what, but those people are a small minority.

His past record, once brought to light, will be full of holes once it is front and center and placed under a microscope by the MSM and his opponents. This is where people like Rudy will come in handy since he has such good connections with the people at Fox. It will be interesting to watch, thats for sure.

Millions of americans who are tired of the same old same old will not be seeing FT as anything different than what weve had for the last 30 years in politics.

I wouldnt sweat this guy one bit.

paulitics
09-04-2007, 10:06 AM
You know, for the life of me I can't understand why the establishment wants Fred Thompson to run unless the higher ups only want Hillary to win.

1) He is not going to syphon many votes from RP. The two are at opposite ends of the spectrum. FT is a fraud, RP is the real deal. Fred mimicks Bush of 2000.
I don't buy the theory of Fred spoiling the race for Paul. If anything this increases RP's chances greatly.

2) Giuliani is the strongest opponent of Hillary and could beat her in the general election, Romney is too close to tell. Both northerners can pick up a few NE states or California with huge electorial votes. The Gop cannot win with Fred. He will lose the moderate vote, and all of the northeast and West.

Fred's heart mind and soul is not in this. He has no burning desire to be president. So why would he even run? I would think Giuliani would be a homerun among the elite. Are they really perhaps pulling for Hillary, than we can have Clinton2 for 8 years. I have noticed Bill may be working behind the scenes getting his regime together. I mean administration together. 28 years of Bush/Clinton....pretty scary stuff.

stevedasbach
09-04-2007, 10:26 AM
One of the very recent polls (I forget which) had a lot of detail on who was supporting which candidate. It was pretty clear from that poll that Paul and Thompson are pulling different voters.

The biggest identifying factor was opinion of the Bush administration. Of the roughly 1/3 who had a somewhat or very negative view, Paul polled 6%. Among those with a positive view, he polled 1%.

Thompson did better among those with a positive view of the Bush administration. Interesting, the one who did better among voters with a negative view was McCain. Straight-taking Paul may be able to pick up votes from formerly straight-talking McCain as his numbers continue to fall.

paulitics
09-04-2007, 10:31 AM
One of the very recent polls (I forget which) had a lot of detail on who was supporting which candidate. It was pretty clear from that poll that Paul and Thompson are pulling different voters.

The biggest identifying factor was opinion of the Bush administration. Of the roughly 1/3 who had a somewhat or very negative view, Paul polled 6%. Among those with a positive view, he polled 1%.

Thompson did better among those with a positive view of the Bush administration. Interesting, the one who did better among voters with a negative view was McCain. Straight-taking Paul may be able to pick up votes from formerly straight-talking McCain as his numbers continue to fall.

I agree with this. Didn't McCain pick NH a few years ago? The lower tier candidates as hurt Paul a little too, esp Tancredo. But the effects are marginal. I say the more people running the merrier.

cujothekitten
09-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Here's another piece of advice... don't view any of his videos on youtube, don't comment on them, don't even click on them. Even watching it helps give ratings that bump it.