PDA

View Full Version : What effect did Barr's no-show have on Paul's press conference?

Mahkato
09-10-2008, 07:25 PM
It seems pretty clear, at least on RPF, that Barr did himself a disservice by skipping Paul's press conference. But what was the effect Barr's action had on Paul's message?

RockEnds
09-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Barr overestimated his own importance as did the LP. Ron Paul is already known as a Libertarian. Barr's presence was not necessary.

Ninja Homer
09-10-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't know about damage to Paul's intent, but it did prove Barr's either an asshole, an idiot, a traitorous plant, or all of the above.

rightofpeople
09-10-2008, 07:34 PM
I don't think it affected Paul's message at all. The obvious effect is not a poll option - Barr seriously damaged himself.

Mahkato
09-10-2008, 07:37 PM
The obvious effect is not a poll option - Barr seriously damaged himself.

I said that in the OP. This poll isn't about that.

ArrestPoliticians
09-10-2008, 07:38 PM
I was at the press conference...he was not missed. There was no readable feeling of worry over his absence until a reporter commented on it at the end, but I thought nothing of it at the time. Honestly, I was glad he wasn't there since he is the most boring speaker of the 5 scheduled. Unfortunately, I didn't stick around for the Barr conference to see the fireworks.

Kludge
09-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Didn't hurt Paul at all. The media ate his message up. Barr fucked himself over though by skipping it to give such a petty press conference and to then call up Paul's campaign at the last minute.

bojo68
09-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't know about damage to Paul's intent, but it did prove Barr's either an asshole, an idiot, a traitorous plant, or all of the above.

I disagree in as much as it DOES hurt Ron's message. It's proof that Ron can't put together a group of 4 people without having one of them screw everything up. It is a reflection on his ability to judge people, just like the Maryland traitors proved that this movement isn't much good at it either. Further, after all that went on in the campaign, the mountain of evidence gets pretty high.
I do agree that Ron had good cause to be mad, as Barrf was so busy blowing his own horn he neglected to listen. Funny how some people NEVER learn that the second your mouth opens you quit learning.

texasbelle
09-10-2008, 07:55 PM
I was away from computer and tv all day.. Can someone tell me why Barr was a "no show?". I watched the youtube of the press conference and didnt notice any concern from RP about Barr's absence.

Kludge
09-10-2008, 07:57 PM
I was away from computer and tv all day.. Can someone tell me why Barr was a "no show?". I watched the youtube of the press conference and didnt notice any concern from RP about Barr's absence.

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/09/shane-cory-to-ron-paul-campaign-for-liberty-go-fk-yourself/

revolutionary8
09-10-2008, 08:04 PM
I voted significant help. Bob Barrs true colors have been flown, we are mostly unified in our disgust, and Ron Paul has seen the truth. The truth hurts, but as we know, it is paramount in our efforts.

I am sure that RP is pretty upset by all of this, but I am glad that it happened in a lot of ways. Sometimes it takes a slap in the face to wake up and smell the coffee.

As Ron Paul said speaking w/ Nader on Blitzer, "this is about changing the SYSTEM".
Gooo Ron Paul!

madmax
09-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Dont think Barr hurt Ron at all, but I guarantee he just fucked himself out of one vote.