PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian Party Leadership: GROW UP

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-10-2008, 07:14 PM
We need an articulate and polite, but firm and clear, message sent to the Libertarian Party leadership and Bob Barr after the stunt today: GROW UP.

Tell the LP to get its act together:

http://www.lp.org/contact-us

We need to make sure they never forget their wrongdoing, and that it never happens again.

Indy Vidual
09-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Good idea :)

RockEnds
09-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Something like,

"Thank you for your brief, half-hearted participation in the r3volution. You'll find the exit to your right. Please don't let the door hit you in the ass. Our insurance doesn't cover that sort of thing."

(I'm feeling just a lil' put off by their letter.)

09-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Something like,

"Thank you for your brief, half-hearted participation in the r3volution. You'll find the exit to your right. Please don't let the door hit you in the ass. Our insurance doesn't cover that sort of thing."

(I'm feeling just a lil' put off by their letter.)

I wrote:

Bob Barr has just shown me that his eminent qualities are unreliability and capriciousness. Pretending to offer the Veep slot to Ron Paul (knowing full well Ron has been crystal clear that he's not going to run on a national ticket again this year and knowing full well that Ron would reject it anyway) as a chameleonesque ploy to try to diss Ron Paul while picking up his supporters is just insulting. Mr. Barr, you have just lost my vote. The next thing I'm doing after sending this email is ordering a Chuck Baldwin 2008 bumper sticker. Baldwin has shown he is not only a true constitutionalist and a true libertarian, but a true gentleman, a true man of his word, and a true friend of Ron Paul as well.

Libertarian Party: get your act together, and then I'll start supporting you again.

idiom
09-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Maybe they could join the CP in protest?

RockEnds
09-10-2008, 07:23 PM
I wrote:

Bob Barr has just shown me that his eminent qualities are unreliability and capriciousness. Pretending to offer the Veep slot to Ron Paul (knowing full well Ron has been crystal clear that he's not going to run on a national ticket again this year and knowing full well that Ron would reject it anyway) as a chameleonesque ploy to try to diss Ron Paul while picking up his supporters is just insulting. Mr. Barr, you have just lost my vote. The next thing I'm doing after sending this email is ordering a Chuck Baldwin 2008 bumper sticker. Baldwin has shown he is not only a true constitutionalist and a true libertarian, but a true gentleman, a true man of his word, and a true friend of Ron Paul as well.

Libertarian Party: get your act together, and then I'll start supporting you again.

Yes, that sounded better. Perhaps I should wait until tomorrow to write. :)

Orgoonian
09-10-2008, 07:30 PM
It seems to me that the LP is actually trying to win,or make a huge splash here.
They are attempting a leadership role.They are saying look,Dr.Paul does not want to lead,we do.I believe they are trying to make it into the big leagues.

Whether they actually thought Dr.Paul would consider a veep position or not,i have no clue.I do know that Dr.Paul has said no many times.
I personally wish he would accept,my god,we could really make waves,but i think one of the reasons we love Dr.Paul is his steadfast positions.

All this is of course speculation on my part,but i think it is pretty clear the LP is making a power play here,and i cant say i fault them.

Christ,i need a drink,and a few days to see how this plays out.I think we all do

Peace!

09-10-2008, 07:33 PM
It seems to me that the LP is actually trying to win,or make a huge splash here.
They are attempting a leadership role.They are saying look,Dr.Paul does not want to lead,we do.I believe they are trying to make it into the big leagues.

Going back on your word and throwing friends under the bus = playing a leadership role? I thought that was the neoconservative philosophy...

Oh wait...

Orgoonian
09-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Going back on your word and throwing friends under the bus = playing a leadership role? I thought that was the neoconservative philosophy...

Oh wait...

Thats the part that boggles my brain......i dont understand why the LP would throw the gauntlet in the manner that they did :confused:

hard@work
09-10-2008, 07:50 PM
I emailed a few of the emails on that list.

ArrestPoliticians
09-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes, that sounded better. Perhaps I should wait until tomorrow to write. :)

I liked yours better :D