PDA

View Full Version : Give Ron Paul the respect he deserves for what he has done

hotbrownsauce
09-10-2008, 06:37 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html Look for the video with Barr in it. The title is "Out with the old?" Subtitle Barr asks Paul to be his running mate.

Does Bob Barr not understand that Paul did run as the libertarian Presidential Nominee in 1988? Paul found out what bias there was against 3rd parties.

Ron Paul then decided to go back into being a Republican and run for congress where he actually stood a chance to get in and have a voice and spread the idea of freedom.

Ron Paul has made a HUGE impact and that is undoubtedly true. Bob Barr knows this, which is why he seeks Ron Paul's endorsement and now seeks Paul as his vice president. The thing is Barr is stuck on this "don't use the system" mind set and he would rather work from outside the Republicans and Democrats. Years and years and years 3rd parties haven't worked so Paul picked up a new tactic as I mentioned above, to infiltrate by running as a Republican. By doing so he gained going to the debates which Barr has not been able to do. Paul had received 1.2 million votes and 100,000 campaign for liberty members and Barr condemns him for running around in the Republican party as others with Paul like messages had before (Robert Taft, Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan).

Dr. Paul owes absolutely nothing to Bob Barr, Barr owes Ron Paul because Ron Paul got more people involved and is creating a wonderful positive movement that otherwise wasn't possible if Paul didn't do what he did.

I think Barr is seriously flawed in his logic in not going to the meeting where it was a joint effort to condemn the 2 party system that is biased against all 3rd parties. It wasn't unity of the parties or appraisal for each other as Barr seems to think. It was calling out that each one of these 3rd party members is treated unfairly by the 2 party system no matter what their view is. The Conference was to say that 60% of the people are unhappy with the 2 candidates, many don't vote, and some vote for these 3rd parties. It was to say "Hey all you people who want real change and upset with your choices it is possible to pick a 3rd party candidate and win because you are the majority.". Barr didn't want to be involved because he doesn't want to "taint" the reputation of the party. I've got news for Barr, that was the wrong decision because now I will not vote for him.

As we all seem to agree each 3rd party has a little voice but what Ron Paul did was make them big by making them converge and saying "We are all 3rd party candidates and the people who vote for us are pissed off at the establishment and when you combine our vote totals you can see people are highly angry"

Barr, you owe Ron Paul an apology. Paul has an immense unwavering reputation and you imply that all the accomplishments he has made in the Republican party wasn't worth him being in there.... Get real.

With this said I think Barr who probably had my vote before will not have it now.

What do you think???

Indy Vidual
09-10-2008, 06:44 PM
What do you think???

Barr is not very impressive.

BenMuldowney
09-10-2008, 07:00 PM
barr knew ron had zero interest in his failing efforts as the LP candidate. barr is done... he should step down now if the LP has any self respect. pure filth.. they got used.

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 07:08 PM
barr knew ron had zero interest in his failing efforts as the LP candidate. barr is done... he should step down now if the LP has any self respect. pure filth.. they got used.

yep ,i agree barr is done as well as the lp ,they better dump this ticket or they will lose long-term members like myself

Kludge
09-10-2008, 07:10 PM
The campaign is becoming a joke between the A/C purchase, begging in their emails and this absurd request that Paul be the VP.

I can't believe how excited I was that the campaign brought some REAL names to the campaign, only to again have myself disappointed by amateurism.

I find myself left with even less options then when I believed in the two-party arguments and more jaded then ever. Hopefully 2010 will give someone worth fighting for who stands a better chance than our current candidates, and 2012 will follow up with a presidential campaign that has no ties to Paul's staff or those who flocked to the LP's bid for Barr.

... I miss Badnarik.

hotbrownsauce
09-10-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm glad we have some level headed people here who agree.

Thanks fellow liberty lovers =)

kathy88
09-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow, Barr really took a couple cheap shots at RP. Pointless press conference?

I agree with you. I was toying with a vote for Barr, but I can't do it now.

pacelli
09-10-2008, 07:40 PM
What do I think? I think Barr would be doing much better if he would crack a smile every now and again.

jcarcinogen
09-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Direct link: http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=3080195&referralPlaylistId=949437d0db05ed5f5b9954dc049d70b 0c12f2749

Root seems fake (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=148152) and the fake backdrops in their 'media booths' or studios they are at just cheapens the proposal. It seemed rushed as if to diminish Paul's message today.

Gin
09-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Although... There is a positive in all of this.... DRAMA...

It's creating the Drama that the MSM so loves to be in the middle of... We should play off of it.... Ride this wave and take advantage of it...

Just my 2 cents worth...

hotbrownsauce
09-10-2008, 07:46 PM

It's creating the Drama that the MSM so loves to be in the middle of... We should play off of it.... Ride this wave and take advantage of it...

Just my 2 cents worth...

hahaha interesting...

Let us not forget Barr didn't help us get here where we are today, it was us. Let us not think Barr will make or break what we do. Paul is a Maverick compared to him.

IPSecure
09-10-2008, 07:53 PM

Just my 2 cents worth...

So, with the current situation, what is the best, logical step to take, to outsmart the neocon media?