PDA

View Full Version : Old "Divide and Conquer" plan is happening to us?

Matt Collins
09-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that the liberty movement is being played the old "divide and conquer" trick? :confused:

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 06:19 PM
No way...I'd say there's a comfortable majority of us who have joined together to lob insults at Bob Barr!

;)

nullvalu
09-10-2008, 06:20 PM
i think we're all just blowing off a lot of steam.. give it a day or two and the smoke will clear

ItsTime
09-10-2008, 06:20 PM
what are they dividing us from?

wgadget
09-10-2008, 06:21 PM
What would we do if Ron accepted Barr's offer?

One never knows....Maybe the future our country is more important to him than his Congressional seat?

Rangeley
09-10-2008, 06:21 PM
I don't think we've been this united in months.

ItsTime
09-10-2008, 06:22 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Matt Collins
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
He'd go down in a blaze of glory and nothing would happen other than lots of money would be wasted and he probably would not be able to retain his House seat.

If he didn't lose his house seat I wouldn't mind him joining Barr.

nate895
09-10-2008, 06:28 PM
He'd go down in a blaze of glory and nothing would happen other than lots of money would be wasted and he probably would not be able to retain his House seat.

He can't lose his House seat unless his district is willing to elect a Libertarian over him, since the Democrats didn't even nominate anyone.

TER
09-10-2008, 06:28 PM

One never knows....Maybe the future our country is more important to him than his Congressional seat?

RP stated multiple times he is not running in a third party. He is looking much farther ahead for this movement than Bob Barr, who is lucky he is even on the LP nomination for president.

wgadget
09-10-2008, 06:30 PM
EUREKA!!

Ron is telling us to vote third party. I'm assuming that would include the Libertarian Party, no? If he would endorse us voting for it, why wouldn't he honestly consider joining it? It's borders on being hypocritical, IMO.

Rhys
09-10-2008, 06:31 PM
no, I don't feel that way at all.

I feel more like I do on Wednesday nights when I take out the trash.

ItsTime
09-10-2008, 06:32 PM
EUREKA!!

Ron is telling us to vote third party. I'm assuming that would include the Libertarian Party, no? If he would endorse us voting for it, why wouldn't he honestly consider joining it? It's borders on being hypocritical, IMO.

he did no such thing. He endorsed the free market in the election. He had never told us how to vote, he has always said think for yourself.

The Lantern
09-10-2008, 06:36 PM

He would not lose his house seat. In Texas you can run for President at the same time you run for Senate or House. This was the LBJ law.

revolutionary8
09-10-2008, 06:36 PM

I completely agree with you here. In fact, I believe that Bob Barr's little stunt today has shown a lot of people who supported BB, as well as those who were on the fence just who he really is, and what he is really about. I would guess that the intention of his campaign staff was to divide themselves from RP (and the liberty movement) and the rest of the 3rd party candidates, as he stated in his interview on Cauvato. It backfired. Big time. Bob Barr is a whiny baby and thinks he is "too good" for the rest of "them". He surely isn't.

revolutionary8
09-10-2008, 06:39 PM
He would not lose his house seat. In Texas you can run for President at the same time you run for Senate or House. This was the LBJ law.
If he left the Republican Party, he just might lose his House seat in his heavily Republican district. The Republican Party would rip him apart, and worse than they already do.

Matt Collins
09-10-2008, 06:39 PM
He would not lose his house seat. In Texas you can run for President at the same time you run for Senate or House. This was the LBJ law.But he wouldn't be able to run as a Republican for the House, correct?

tpreitzel
09-10-2008, 06:43 PM
i think we're all just blowing off a lot of steam.. give it a day or two and the smoke will clear

Yeah, there's too much at stake... Personally, I'm looking forward to Nov 5th, 2008! In the meantime, we have congressional candidates which need our time and money like BJ Lawson.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that the liberty movement is being played the old "divide and conquer" trick? :confused:

Yead, DeadToSin is one I think. He's a huckabee guy that been hammering on his anti-libertarian agenda. I remember seeing him on that huckabee army forum.

constituent
09-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Bob Barr is a whiny baby and thinks he is "too good" for the rest of "them". He surely isn't.

it's a hallmark of libertarian activism.

Kludge
09-10-2008, 06:55 PM
TBH, I wonder if Kade was playing a game with us regarding the Barr-Press-Conference fiasco.

ARealConservative
09-10-2008, 06:59 PM
But he wouldn't be able to run as a Republican for the House, correct?

I don't see how they could stop him.

idiom
09-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Did someone cut Barr in half???