PDA

View Full Version : Dammit...*I* would vote for a Barr/Paul ticket.

wgadget
09-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Is it possible Ron is wanting to gauge our response to this call, and that the whole "Barr shenanigans" thing was staged?

I'm serious...:confused:

Rangeley
09-10-2008, 05:43 PM
No.

Lovecraftian4Paul
Doubtful. I admit, I would probably vote for it to. But the only way this would come about is if it meant Ron Paul had a change of heart about running third party, and that Barr has reconciled with him after the crap today.

I'm almost positive this won't happen, and I won't be voting Barr this November.

wgadget
No.

Got proof, or at least a good defense?

What IS Ron's response to the VP bid?

slacker921
09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
If they hugged and made up? Probably, but the way it looks right now Barr really stepped in it with Paul and Paul isn't happy at all... and there'd have to be a LOT of good reasons Barr ditched the big event today.

The way I see it Paul is going to distance himself from Barr and that'll be the end of the Barr campaign unless it gets propped up by the Democrats to hurt McCain or something.

wgadget
09-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Please..WAS Paul angry? I didn't hear any such thing, at least in the Cavuto interview....

me3
09-10-2008, 05:51 PM

Dude, what do you think it would be? Ron Paul does want you to think for yourself you know!

Let's see, Ron Paul is more accomplished, has a better record and more money and integrity and popularity than Barr.

So it only makes sense! Ron Paul must drop out of the GOP, and become Bob Barr's footstool! We could all vote for that! If only Ron Paul would get on his knees in front of Barr and beg to be his underling! Wonderful! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Rangeley
09-10-2008, 05:52 PM

I don't remember the link off-hand, but the offer was actually extended yesterday and rejected by Paul already. Barr made it public rather then just take the rejection.

Paul is not going to give up his seat to run a futile campaign with Barr, and has made it abundantly clear he is going to keep up the fight to change the Republican party. You don't do that by leaving it.

Ninja Homer
09-10-2008, 05:53 PM
I would have voted for that ticket too (and certainly still would if it happened), but Barr really screwed Paul over in the way he handled everything today.

armstrong
09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
I would I trust Ron Paul on this

V4Vendetta
09-10-2008, 06:14 PM
I doubt it. Paul i'm sure is tired, his wife is not doing well.
He has run his race and set world records in the process.

I would possibly vote for a Barr/Paul ticket, but since Barr back stabbed Ron Paul today, I hope he chokes to death tonight while eating dinner.

hillertexas
09-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I would vote for a Barr/Paul ticket

wgadget
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
On the Cavuto interview, Barr said he hadn't gotten an answer yet, and that he would give it a "couple of days."

anaconda
09-10-2008, 06:29 PM
RP and Nader on CNN was frickin' brilliant. A liberal and a conservative both agreeing on some core issues and showing how the 2 major parties are no different and not discussing the really important issues. I still think CFL should host a debate with all of the 3rd Party and independent candidates. I'll bet C-Span would carry it. Maybe even a major network.

The heck with Barr.

Nader is a much bigger name and the fact that he is a gigantic liberal helps to deliver this non-partisan message. Awesome interview! Thanks Wolf!