PDA

View Full Version : Should Barr Have Asked RP Privately About V.P. Ticket?

constitutional
09-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Obama did with Biden. McCain did with Palin.

What didn't Barr?

I see this as bad politics from Barr. Barr knows RP won't accept VP ticket (Campaign for Liberty), he will then use the excuse of "RP won't take you to next level. Only I can with my candidacy." Watch what Bob Barr said.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GibFlr7TJSQ)

Barr is compromising Campaign For Liberty just so he can get more votes.

Rangeley
09-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Exactly, it should have been private - which it seems to have been initially. When he didn't get the answer he wanted, he made it public.

RJB
09-10-2008, 05:40 PM
It was as dumb as when Larry King asked that hot chick to marry him on his show and she shot him down. In both cases, WTF were you thinking?!

RickyJ
09-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Exactly, it should have been private - which it seems to have been initially. When he didn't get the answer he wanted, he made it public.
Barr is an a-hole. He is good for nothing but carrying the elites' water. Heck, he makes McCain look good.

me3
09-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Barr is intentionally trying to split Ron Paul's support. He's thrown Ron under the bus, to make himself look good. If his campaign fails, he can blame Ron Paul for not endorsing him.

If his campaign does well, he can point to having to get rid of that old kook Ron Paul and get his supporters to follow the coward who will not speak out against the FED!

Bob Barr has never done anything worth talking about in his political career, and now he is setting out to destroy someone who is a hero the world over.

F Bob Barr.

Ninja Homer
09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
duh

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Anyone that knows Ron Paul knows he could not, and would not accept such an offer. It never should have been a thought even.

RedLightning
09-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Anyone that knows Ron Paul knows he could not, and would not accept such an offer. It never should have been a thought even.

I know, I don't understand why Barr would bother asking.

freelance
Barr is intentionally trying to split Ron Paul's support. He's thrown Ron under the bus, to make himself look good. If his campaign fails, he can blame Ron Paul for not endorsing him.

If his campaign does well, he can point to having to get rid of that old kook Ron Paul and get his supporters to follow the coward who will not speak out against the FED!

Bob Barr has never done anything worth talking about in his political career, and now he is setting out to destroy someone who is a hero the world over.

F Bob Barr.

Ain't gonna work.

pinkmandy

F Bob Barr.

qft

constitutional
09-10-2008, 05:57 PM

Exactly. But if Barr thought RP would accept it, shouldn't he have discussed the matter privately? Your poll choice baffle me.

H Roark
09-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Excellent question. The CFL Events Coordinator has already stated that Barr would show up to CFL events uninvited. Great way to siphon off supporters without necessarily aligning himself with CFL. It all makes sense now. That bastard has the audacity to show up to events uninvited but won't show up to one in which he was already scheduled to attend? Barr is a damn leech.

kombayn
09-11-2008, 04:32 AM
It's a publicity stunt by Bob Barr. He's an idiot, how do you not show up to this event? Bob Barr is not trying to piss off his PAC or the GOP when he re-joins after this election.

Conza88
09-11-2008, 05:04 AM
Total douchebag.

He played with fire, and got his hands blown off.

Fken TOOL.

How can you be THAT stupid? I mean REALLLLLLLLLLY...

If you wanted to fk shit up even more; if you didn't want to present a united 3rd parties vs the BULLSHIT that is the 2 parties..

You'd call Bob Barr right now, and say "thanks mate... we couldn't have done a better job ourselves!"

acptulsa
09-11-2008, 06:14 AM
Can't answer the poll.

Yes, someone who is serious about getting himself a running mate asks privately. No, I don't see why someone who is trying to align himself with a popular figure who doesn't like him much would speak to that popular person privately. That would defeat his backhanded agenda, wouldn't it?

So, the correct answer is yes and no.