PDA

View Full Version : Official Email From The Libertarian Party Regarding Barr

mport1
09-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Dear Libertarian Supporter,

I have been hearing a lot from many LP Members about concerns over Bob Barr not attending Ron Paul's press conference.

However, before you form an opinion, perhaps you may want to consider the facts and not rely on blogs for your news.

First, the Barr campaign met with Ron Paul's staffers yesterday afternoon to deliver the offer of the LP's VP slot to Ron Paul and to discuss the details of the event that Bob Barr was invited to attend. More details were to be submitted to the Barr campaign but did not arrive until nearly 3 a.m. the morning of the event. At 9 a.m. Barr's campaign manager, Russell Verney, informed the Paul campaign that Bob would not be attending however he would still give his backing of the four principles highlighted by Dr. Paul.

Second, read the press release by the Barr Campaign you will see why Bob's own press conference (attended by many members of the press) was so significant:
http://www.lp.org/news/press-releases/bob-barr-shows-leadership-to-unify-liberty-movement

Third, as CNN and others reported, Ron Paul's press conference was more about him not endorsing McCain and less about Dr. Paul's non-sanctioning of other candidates running for president.

The Barr campaign chose not to attend in order to make a very valid point, which was expressed, in their following press conference. Bold leadership is needed right now! Scattering support for the liberty agenda to the four winds as Dr. Paul is proposing will not serve liberty.

Ron Paul deserves respect and credit for what he has done over the last year in rejuvenating so many people across this nation; however, either he or possibly his staff has made the bland decision to remain ambiguous with their intent and direction for liberty.

Personally, I will say that I do not appreciate the treatment that LP personnel received today by Ron Paul's staff and the games they have attempted to play over the past year. This morning, our volunteer coordinator was rudely ejected from the press conference before it even started. This was followed by Ron Paul staffers and supporters close to the staff disrupting Barr's press conference.

This pattern is something that we never wanted to disclose but holds true to previous treatment where staff members for Paul's campaign tried on more than one occasion to have Bob Barr uninvited from events, including Bob's gracious introduction of Ron Paul at last year's CPAC conference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKt2s0LjUHY).

I do doubt that Dr. Paul was aware of these antics.

I hope this answers some of your concerns and questions. Our staff, volunteers and the Barr/Root campaign are totally psyched up and ready to work very hard for all Libertarians through November and beyond – including ballot access, in as many states as possible, which will benefit all Libertarian Candidates!

We hope you too will continue to support those candidates that support your views, even if just on a local or state level. Please fill out the volunteer form here if you are: http://www.lp.org/action/volunteer.shtml and please do not forget to donate so we can continue to “send a message” between now and November: https://www.lp.org/contribute.

In Liberty!

Robert Kraus
Acting Executive Director

Kludge
09-10-2008, 05:28 PM
I beat you!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=154646

:p

pauletteNV
09-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Whatever your selling, Mr. Kraus, I'm not buying.

MozoVote
09-10-2008, 05:30 PM
I smell spin.

Although I don't like the Constitution party much, I haven't seen anyone claim that Chuck Baldwin is a political snake to the degree of Obama, McCain, or Barr. I might end up voting for him, simply for standing up for Dr. Paul.

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Well that shows that the LP is backing this crap. So long LP.

yongrel
09-10-2008, 05:32 PM
oi vey

Rangeley
09-10-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm not quite seeing how asking Ron Paul to join the ticket again is showing leadership...

MozoVote
09-10-2008, 05:34 PM
The thing that bugs me - is that this is such an obviously stupid move by Barr. It doesn't take much political acumen to see that this would backfire among Paul's supporters. It's just ego strutting extraordinaire and calls Barr's judgement into question (as if his crusade against Clinton wasn't enough to do that...)

gjvrieze
09-10-2008, 05:36 PM

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Ahhh...back at home after a brief three hour hiatus. I see nothing has died down regarding Barr. Woo hoo! Excitement!

Omphfullas Zamboni
09-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Indeed. Why not ask Paul to be Vice President when attending Paul's conference?

Kludge
09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Eh... Idunno. Seems a bit more of an epic campaign failure brought on by miscommunication and arrogance on both Paul and Barr sides, something which wouldn't be terribly surprising.

Certainly we became a mob. Unruly, sure. Were we right?

rajibo
09-10-2008, 05:40 PM
All he had to do was show up and sit there and none of this would have happened.

me3
09-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Indeed. Why not ask Paul to be Vice President when attending Paul's conference?
You miss the point. Barr already had his answer.

He is trying to destroy Ron Paul not reach out to him now.

mport1
09-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Politics is futile. We will never change anything by using the political system. Non-cooperation and civil disobedience is how we must get our freedoms back. The Free State Project (www.freestateproject.org) is where we should be focusing our efforts now.

ARealConservative
09-10-2008, 05:44 PM
All he had to do was show up and sit there and none of this would have happened.

All Ron Paul had to do is show up and shut up at the GOP convention. :rolleyes:

I never felt too comfortable cozying up with Nader or the Green party and as an atheist, I'm pretty distrusting of the constitution party and the JBS society as well.

fuck it. We can burn to the ground everything we tried to accomplish in the last 18 months. I'm sick of the truthers too.

RockEnds
09-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Scattering support for the liberty agenda to the four winds as Dr. Paul is proposing will not serve liberty.
Robert Kraus

Okay, please add me to the list of pissed off Paulites. I never supported Barr in the first place, but I was sympathetic to the LP. That just ended.

Rangeley
09-10-2008, 05:45 PM
fuck it. We can burn to the ground everything we tried to accomplish in the last 18 months.
:rolleyes:

libertythor
09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa184/beckynaska/funny%20cartoons/corn.jpg

-lotus-
09-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Ok we need to settle this. Who can answer this question correctly for sure?!?:

IF RP had taken Barrs offer of the VP spot, legally, could he have? Isnt there some law that if you dont get the nod from your party, you cant just jump to another ticket??? anyone?

Flash
09-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Scattering support for the liberty agenda to the four winds as Dr. Paul is proposing will not serve liberty.
Robert Kraus

This idiot seriously thought Ron Paul would endorse Bob Barr knowing he has a bad record of Neo-Conservatism and could lead the movement astray in the future. Now that Ron Paul showed he wouldn't just endorse Barr, they are throwing a hissy fit.

constituent
09-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Politics is futile. We will never change anything by using the political system. Non-cooperation and civil disobedience is how we must get our freedoms back. The Free State Project (www.freestateproject.org) is where we should be focusing our efforts now.

</facepalm>

fsp is all about the politics.

aspiringconstitutionalist
The thing that bugs me - is that this is such an obviously stupid move by Barr. It doesn't take much political acumen to see that this would backfire among Paul's supporters. It's just ego strutting extraordinaire and calls Barr's judgement into question (as if his crusade against Clinton wasn't enough to do that...)

+1

It just REEKS of arrogance and superiority complex. Barr is too high and mighty to be seen on stage with "fringe" candidates like Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, Ralph Nader, etc.

mport1
I do agree with Barr's sentiments that RP should have endorsed one candidate but think it was a terrible move to skip the conference and start up all this controversy.

ARealConservative
09-10-2008, 05:52 PM
This idiot seriously thought Ron Paul would endorse Bob Barr knowing he has a bad record of Neo-Conservatism and could lead the movement astray in the future. Now that Ron Paul showed he wouldn't just endorse Barr, they are throwing a hissy fit.

I think the issue is more with the Nader/McKinley element being included.

I'm not about to associate with that level of central planning.

amy31416
Okay, please add me to the list of pissed off Paulites. I never supported Barr in the first place, but I was sympathetic to the LP. That just ended.

Same here. Sign the petition if you are so inclined: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/RemoveBobBar/

ShowMeLiberty
+1

It just REEKS of arrogance and superiority complex. Barr is too high and mighty to be seen on stage with "fringe" candidates like Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, Ralph Nader, etc.

Bob Barr = Mr. Pouty Pants

mport1
09-10-2008, 05:53 PM
</facepalm>

fsp is all about the politics.

For some people who are there, others take the market activism approach. And I should have stated that Federal politics is futile. Local politics with enough local activists can have a chance at being effective like what is being done in New Hampshire.

me3
09-10-2008, 05:54 PM
All Ron Paul had to do is show up and shut up at the GOP convention. :rolleyes:

I never felt too comfortable cozying up with Nader or the Green party and as an atheist, I'm pretty distrusting of the constitution party and the JBS society as well.

fuck it. We can burn to the ground everything we tried to accomplish in the last 18 months. I'm sick of the truthers too.
Hey, maybe Ron Paul could totally become a slave to whatever you want him to be, and in return, McCain would allow him to stand next to him for a photo.

These are good ideas you have. If only Ron Paul would be a coward and get along so he could go along. Man, I am so mad at Ron for having courage and principles. For having the guts to go it alone and say what it right. :rolleyes:

ARealConservative
09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey, maybe Ron Paul could totally become a slave to whatever you want him to be, and in return, McCain would allow him to stand next to him for a photo.

These are good ideas you have. If only Ron Paul would be a coward and get along so he could go along. Man, I am so mad at Ron for having courage and principles. For having the guts to go it alone and say what it right. :rolleyes:

context is your friend.

RockEnds
09-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Same here. Sign the petition if you are so inclined: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/RemoveBobBar/

Done.

me3
09-10-2008, 06:03 PM
context is your friend.
I thought the context of your posts, was related to the fact you have already quit on Ron Paul and the forum once today.

Isn't there a Bob Barr or GOP forum where you can soothe your statist soul?

ARealConservative
09-10-2008, 06:05 PM
I thought the context of your posts, was related to the fact you have already quit on Ron Paul and the forum once today.

Isn't there a Bob Barr or GOP forum where you can soothe your statist soul?

I quit on the C4L.

I intend to get my moneys worth out of this forum.

V4Vendetta
09-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Robert Kraus,

It is so obvious that you are a CIA operative along with Barr, whose whole mission is to destroy the Libertarian Party.

GoodBye

I'm glad i haven't yet donated to the Barr Campaign. Baldwin is calling my name.

ARealConservative
09-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Robert Kraus,

It is so obvious that you are a CIA operative along with Barr, whose whole mission is to destroy the Libertarian Party.

GoodBye

:rolleyes:

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, of course the LP isn't going to demonize Barr...he's their candidate, for crying out loud!

Josh_LA
09-10-2008, 06:12 PM
In other words, I don't care about your message, I care about mine. DUH!

LP & Barr are obvious ego whores who think they can win and unwilling to shake hands when times are tight. Shame that even Cynthia "Cracker" McKinney, Ralph "2000 spoiler" Nader are willing to stand out, but the "libertarian" is not.

That says a lot about liberty and responsibility! The LP can seriously go F themselves (but I'll still vote them this election round for the protest message alone).

CurtisLow
09-10-2008, 06:13 PM

Signed

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 06:14 PM
The LP can seriously go F themselves (but I'll still vote them this election round for the protest message alone).

Say what?! Can't you write in anyone?

CurtisLow
09-10-2008, 06:28 PM
The LP can seriously go F themselves (but I'll still vote them this election round for the protest message alone).

Say what?! Can't you write in anyone?

This will be the 3ed time I voted for Mickey Mouse. :D

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 06:29 PM

LOL! Take THAT, establishment!! :D:D:D

Rhys
LP... Losers Party?

ARealConservative

actually it won't.

This will be the third time you submit an invalid ballot. There is even a chance they threw the entire thing away and none of your other votes were counted.

StateofTrance
Bob Barr can go fuck himself.

tpreitzel
09-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Whatever your selling, Mr. Kraus, I'm not buying.

Me neither. CYA time at LP HQ....As in most incidents, we generally get the basic facts first, then the spin of those facts later.

Matt Collins
09-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Eh... Idunno. Seems a bit more of an epic campaign failure brought on by miscommunication and arrogance on both Paul and Barr sides, something which wouldn't be terribly surprising.Unorganized libertarians?! :confused: I can't possibly fathom :rolleyes:

BenMuldowney
09-10-2008, 06:48 PM

I have been hearing a lot from many LP Members about concerns over Bob Barr not attending Ron Paul's press conference.

However, before you form an opinion, perhaps you may want to consider the facts and not rely on blogs for your news.

First, the Barr campaign met with Ron Paul's staffers yesterday afternoon to deliver the offer of the LP's VP slot to Ron Paul and to discuss the details of the event that Bob Barr was invited to attend. More details were to be submitted to the Barr campaign but did not arrive until nearly 3 a.m. the morning of the event. At 9 a.m. Barr's campaign manager, Russell Verney, informed the Paul campaign that Bob would not be attending however he would still give his backing of the four principles highlighted by Dr. Paul............... ad nauseam... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... infinity.:eek:

Robert Kraus

robert... first of all bobbi barr accepted the invitation. no.. ron paul doesn't want to be your crappy vp candidate on the same ticket with filth. if ron paul wanted to be on that ticket he could have called the shots. secondly, this 3 am bullshit isnt flying. it was a simple press conference and all your idiot had to do is make a simple statement. 3rd bobbi barr is ex cia and we dont trust his lying ass for a fkn second. 4th i think you are a pile of dung too for writing these lies.

take your fake party and shove it up your ass. we don't need anything from your unimportant dying party. i will never consider any LP candidate again after this little swindle. this little game to hurt the movement will backfire and grow the Constitution party even more now.

ciao Bubba

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-10-2008, 07:24 PM
You miss the point. Barr already had his answer.

He is trying to destroy Ron Paul not reach out to him now.

Yeah, this was nothing but a big swipe meant to discredit both Paul and the LP. Looks like it worked just fine for the LP.

chickens
09-10-2008, 07:25 PM
There seems to be some confusion in the Libertarian Party's statement. The four points outlined in Pauls press conference is not being questioned. This was a chance to show the world that there is some civility in America. The rest of the partys are all against the war period. Barr blew it big time!!!!! When the tide turns against America so help us.

kjdaugirdas
09-10-2008, 07:36 PM

First, the Barr campaign met with Ron Paul's staffers yesterday afternoon to deliver the offer of the LP's VP slot to Ron Paul and to discuss the details of the event that Bob Barr was invited to attend. More details were to be submitted to the Barr campaign but did not arrive until nearly 3 a.m. the morning of the event. At 9 a.m. Barr's campaign manager, Russell Verney, informed the Paul campaign that Bob would not be attending however he would still give his backing of the four principles highlighted by Dr. Paul.

Second, read the press release by the Barr Campaign you will see why Bob's own press conference (attended by many members of the press) was so significant:
http://www.lp.org/news/press-releases/bob-barr-shows-leadership-to-unify-liberty-movement

Third, as CNN and others reported, Ron Paul's press conference was more about him not endorsing McCain and less about Dr. Paul's non-sanctioning of other candidates running for president.

The Barr campaign chose not to attend in order to make a very valid point, which was expressed, in their following press conference. Bold leadership is needed right now! Scattering support for the liberty agenda to the four winds as Dr. Paul is proposing will not serve liberty.

Ron Paul deserves respect and credit for what he has done over the last year in rejuvenating so many people across this nation; however, either he or possibly his staff has made the bland decision to remain ambiguous with their intent and direction for liberty.

Personally, I will say that I do not appreciate the treatment that LP personnel received today by Ron Paul's staff and the games they have attempted to play over the past year. This morning, our volunteer coordinator was rudely ejected from the press conference before it even started. This was followed by Ron Paul staffers and supporters close to the staff disrupting Barr's press conference.

This pattern is something that we never wanted to disclose but holds true to previous treatment where staff members for Paul's campaign tried on more than one occasion to have Bob Barr uninvited from events, including Bob's gracious introduction of Ron Paul at last year's CPAC conference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKt2s0LjUHY).

I do doubt that Dr. Paul was aware of these antics.

I hope this answers some of your concerns and questions. Our staff, volunteers and the Barr/Root campaign are totally psyched up and ready to work very hard for all Libertarians through November and beyond – including ballot access, in as many states as possible, which will benefit all Libertarian Candidates!

We hope you too will continue to support those candidates that support your views, even if just on a local or state level. Please fill out the volunteer form here if you are: http://www.lp.org/action/volunteer.shtml and please do not forget to donate so we can continue to “send a message” between now and November: https://www.lp.org/contribute.

In Liberty!

Robert Kraus

I think what's really happening here is Bob Barr was hoping to "ride the Ron Paul train" and effortlessly "money-bomb" himself by capitalizing on our grassroots structure. When that didn't happen, he just turned into a grumpy old man.

And "offered Ron Paul the LP VP slot" ?

That's like making Batman ride in the side car...

And "Scattering support for the liberty agenda to the four winds as Dr. Paul is proposing will not serve liberty.

How does building a coalition of like-minded, politically connected people -- who agree with our positions on the four main issues of this campaign -- equal "scattering support?"

There is such a thing as "good politics." Prioritizing your goals and building alliances based on those priorities -- Yes, that's POLITICS. It seems like the libertarians either have an entirely different set of priorities, or they're just totally unwilling to actually get involved in POLITICS.

rockandrollsouls
09-10-2008, 07:51 PM
I smell spin.

Although I don't like the Constitution party much, I haven't seen anyone claim that Chuck Baldwin is a political snake to the degree of Obama, McCain, or Barr. I might end up voting for him, simply for standing up for Dr. Paul.

Spin? Yea, all of you are saying "Boo LP" but all you do is cast stones. Most of you have probably never done a THING for the LP. Fact of the matter is most of Ron's staff can't get ANYTHING done. Benton has always been awful and I remember when half the board wanted to get rid of him.

Kludge, I agree with you, man. This wouldn't be the first time there has been miscommunication, and Barr has never done anything to purposely spite Ron. In fact, Barr has gotten the cold shoulder from many events and such.

Barr signed on to the 4 principles. He supported Paul. He wanted him on the ticket. He has nothing but praise for Ron. You guys are getting desperate for something negative to jump on.

"ZOMG BOB DINT SHOW HE MUSS BE A NEOCONZ :eek:"

That also speaks alot of Mr. Root. To selflessly give up your spot for PRINCIPLE is a big deal.

Brassmouth
09-10-2008, 08:27 PM
To all you people who are demonizing Barr, because he didn't show up at some 10 minute speech, you are contributing to the very thing you're speaking out against! By alienating Barr and the Libertarians you are causing this movement a great disservice, especially when unifying the freedom-minded citizens should take priority! I think this smears everything Dr. Paul called that press conference to say in the first place. :(

Matt Collins
09-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Here is what I sent the LP in response:

"Pissing off Ron Paul supporters by trashing Ron is NOT a way to get our support even if the trashing is due and valid.

I am still undecided and your letter has put me one step closer to Baldwin. "

tropicangela
09-10-2008, 09:05 PM
To all you people who are demonizing Barr, because he didn't show up at some 10 minute speech, you are contributing to the very thing you're speaking out against! By alienating Barr and the Libertarians you are causing this movement a great disservice, especially when unifying the freedom-minded citizens should take priority! I think this smears everything Dr. Paul called that press conference to say in the first place. :(

What camp did you come from?

ARealConservative
09-10-2008, 09:05 PM

this.

madmax
09-10-2008, 09:18 PM

Hate to tell ya but, but good ole Bobbi boy alienated himself, after all it was only "some 10 minute speech", he not only fucked himself out of my single little vote but he also convinced me to register as an independent instead of LP. I personally beleive that he and his backer's, (I was one 24 hrs ago), have used this and other RP forums to further his CIA assed agenda, so, he and his backers, if theres more than 2 left, should start their own Revolution because the little bitch couldnt even ride Ron's coat-tails.

Brassmouth
09-10-2008, 09:37 PM

I've been a RP supporter from the very beginning, and continue to be so, not that I have anything to prove to you.

Hate to tell ya but, but good ole Bobbi boy alienated himself, after all it was only "some 10 minute speech", he not only fucked himself out of my single little vote but he also convinced me to register as an independent instead of LP. I personally beleive that he and his backer's, (I was one 24 hrs ago), have used this and other RP forums to further his CIA assed agenda, so, he and his backers, if theres more than 2 left, should start their own Revolution because the little bitch couldnt even ride Ron's coat-tails.

The fact that you assert the man has a "CIA agenda" when he has in fact worked closely with Ron Paul long before this campaign started, proves your idiocy, and insults both men. I can just as easily assert that your hero Baldwin is a theocratic hatemonger who doesn't give a rat's ass about civil liberties that don't align with his belief in an invisible man.
Furthermore, you've yet to explain Barr's crime in skipping the press conference, which, besides Dr. Paul of course, included a line of individuals whose interests in individual and economic liberty are dubious at best.

syborius
09-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Eh... Idunno. Seems a bit more of an epic campaign failure brought on by miscommunication and arrogance on both Paul and Barr sides, something which wouldn't be terribly surprising.

Certainly we became a mob. Unruly, sure. Were we right?

You've got to be kidding? Paul arrogant?

The fact of the matter is that Barr held a press conference and LIED, he is a piece of shit coward. He can not be seen with principled candidates, and the most principled man in congress because it won't look good with his neocon pals. Sorry YOU & BARR LOSE!

syborius
09-10-2008, 09:56 PM

Did you watch the press conference. RP expected Barr any minute, how does that play with the press Yoda? The unity you speak of?

Gertie
09-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Furthermore, you've yet to explain Barr's crime in skipping the press conference, which, besides Dr. Paul of course, included a line of individuals whose interests in individual and economic liberty are dubious at best.
I would've just found it odd if he hadn't been there with the others. If he had never confirmed he'd be there, his absence wouldn't have merited more than a passing thought. There is no crime in deciding not to show up; Barr did not commit any "crimes". What he actually did by skipping out in the manner he chose, was call into question his true commitment to We the people.

That he confirmed to Ron he would be there, never showed up, lied about never confirming his presence would be there, and then tried to upstage Ron's efforts to open up people's options to 3rd parties by asking Ron to be VP when he must have known full well Ron would never say yes, puts a very bad taste in my mouth.

madmax
09-10-2008, 10:02 PM
I've been a RP supporter from the very beginning, and continue to be so, not that I have anything to prove to you.

The fact that you assert the man has a "CIA agenda" when he has in fact worked closely with Ron Paul long before this campaign started, proves your idiocy, and insults both men. I can just as easily assert that your hero Baldwin is a theocratic hatemonger who doesn't give a rat's ass about civil liberties that don't align with his belief in an invisible man.

I bought into the guy for a long time regardless of his CIA background, (agenda), google Bob Barr CIA and you will find, not sure how many never counted them all, references connecting him to the CIA. (plus he DID work for them), the part that I regret is I argued with other RP supporter's that he is as close to the real deal in this election there is after Ron was basically screwed out of it . As far as his crime today, that ones self explanatory.

rockandrollsouls
09-10-2008, 10:11 PM
I bought into the guy for a long time regardless of his CIA background, (agenda), google Bob Barr CIA and you will find, not sure how many never counted them all, references connecting him to the CIA. (plus he DID work for them), the part that I regret is I argued with other RP supporter's that he is as close to the real deal in this election there is after Ron was basically screwed out of it . As far as his crime today, that ones self explanatory.

Might want to look up the definition of the word "Crime."

I'm waiting for Ron to come out and say he has no hard feelings for Barr, so all of you overreacting can look foolish once again. This happens with every announcement and every little "flaw" you nitpickers look for.

Brassmouth
09-10-2008, 10:26 PM

I not contesting the fact that he worked for the CIA, merely the unfounded accusation that he has some sort of evil agenda to destroy the liberty movement and Libertarian Party, with his old CIA buddies. It's ridiculous. It's this same irrational, paranoid thinking that gets our lot lumped in with the truthers and the other imbeciles who comprise this movement.

Might want to look up the definition of the word "Crime."

I'm waiting for Ron to come out and say he has no hard feelings for Barr, so all of you overreacting can look foolish once again. This happens with every announcement and every little "flaw" you nitpickers look for.

I agree completely.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-10-2008, 10:38 PM
nt

Brassmouth
09-10-2008, 11:36 PM
If Bob Barr valued the four points of agreement he would not let bullshit get in the way of attending such a historic event among independent candidates.

I doubt he considering holding his own press conference as "bullshit," and neither do I, or any other logical person on these forums.

rockandrollsouls
09-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I doubt he considering holding his own press conference as "bullshit," and neither do I, or any other logical person on these forums.

Here's how I learned how to distinguish the logical and illogical:

Use of the word "Neocon" consistently
People with "9/11 truth" in their sig with links to highly suspect videos
People that start petitions against freedom candidates rather than doing something productive
People that insult other freedom candidates and support their opinion with "Neocon" or "He didn't show" or some other ridiculous reason.
Often times, the illogical are unreasonable.

I'm glad someone here is in the same boat I am in. There can be freedom without being a 9/11 conspirator or facist in the name of "freedom" or even in Ron's name by slandering another candidate with gibberish.

tpreitzel
09-11-2008, 12:11 AM
If Bob Barr valued the four points of agreement he would not let bullshit get in the way of attending such a historic event among independent candidates.

If there's a next time, Ron should entice Barr with a specially constructed dais which is built just for him. :)

Magsec
09-11-2008, 12:15 AM

If the Libertarian Party is so deeply concerned with the cause of liberty and unity, it would make sense for everyone expressing the concern to back the largest beacon to liberty out there, and that beacon is Ron Paul. Barr can step down. Baldwin can step down. The other third parties can step down. To me, Barr's press conference seemed more reactionary to RP's plan than anything, which really peeves me.

misericordia
09-11-2008, 12:39 AM
Why on earth would Barr shoot himself in the foot like that? ...unless it's a plot....

truthers 911 conspiracy

Peace&Freedom
09-11-2008, 01:16 AM
If the Libertarian Party is so deeply concerned with the cause of liberty and unity, it would make sense for everyone expressing the concern to back the largest beacon to liberty out there, and that beacon is Ron Paul. Barr can step down. Baldwin can step down. The other third parties can step down. To me, Barr's press conference seemed more reactionary to RP's plan than anything, which really peeves me.

There's no point in Barr stepping down when Paul has made it clear that he's not running 3rd party or independent. Barr already worked to provide Paul this opportunity last December when the LP offered Paul to accept its nomination, and he turned it down. At some point the LP had to assert its own interests, as opposed to Pul's interests.

kojirodensetsu
09-11-2008, 01:37 AM
I think people are over-reacting a tad. Although I must admit this whole fiasco is making Chuck Baldwin look like a better option.

rockandrollsouls
09-11-2008, 10:35 AM
I think people are over-reacting a tad. Although I must admit this whole fiasco is making Chuck Baldwin look like a better option.

Well, 3/4 of the people here are Baldwin squatters because he panders to truthers and rode the name of Ron Paul to grab some support. Not only that, but campaign aids of Ron's are partial to Baldwin, too, which is most likely why Barr has been getting shunned and treated like garbage.

Bob extended his hand at the beginning of everything and at the end when all was said and done. I saw it like "Ron, you wanted to be on the GOP ticket before, you gave it a shot, it didn't pan out, we still want you here if you'd like the spot." And that's very commendable.

acptulsa
09-11-2008, 10:49 AM
...and let's see if we can stop flaming each other.

I can't write anyone in, and I can't vote for anyone but Obama, McCain or Barr. So, even though I think Barr and his campaign are idiots at best and tools at worst for simultaneously trashing Ron Paul and offering him their vp slot alone, I will vote for Barr. Why? What choice do I have? I believe, and have believed for a very long time, that what Dr. Paul said in the press conference is true--our fate depends on our ability to deconstruct or destroy the "two party system."

I don't see how Barr could possibly become president this year, anyway. I shall vote, if not exactly my conscience, then strategically in support of my conscience. So, I'll hold my nose and just do it. Buck the powers that be for the win!

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-11-2008, 11:05 AM
nt

Flash
09-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Libertarian Party: We want in on the debates! but just don't invite the Greens or Independent candidates.

lol unbelievable. And I was going to register Libertarian too.

Kludge
09-11-2008, 01:14 PM
You've got to be kidding? Paul arrogant?

Stop playing football.

Read it again. Benton and Cory both failed their campaigns, IMO.

Jaykzo
09-11-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't understand how this whole place is all up in arms over the whole Bob Barr incident.

Pick your guy, and support him. Just make sure it isn't John McCain or Barack Obama.

How is that so hard? Ron Paul didn't go up there and ask us to start arguing with each other, or start accusing any of those 4 candidates, or not vote at all- He asked us to vote for a third party candidate.

Get over everything else, and just do it. This bitching and moaning that everyone has taken a part of doesn't get us anywhere. If third parties make a good showing, that is good for the American people. The next election cycle will be easier to influence if we make a good 3rd party showing this year.

Let the world know that there are a good portion of Americans that will be voting against John McCain AND Barack Obama

Dorfsmith
09-11-2008, 01:25 PM
I don't understand how this whole place is all up in arms over the whole Bob Barr incident.

Pick your guy, and support him. Just make sure it isn't John McCain or Barack Obama.

How is that so hard? Ron Paul didn't go up there and ask us to start arguing with each other, or start accusing any of those 4 candidates, or not vote at all- He asked us to vote for a third party candidate.

Get over everything else, and just do it. This bitching and moaning that everyone has taken a part of doesn't get us anywhere. If third parties make a good showing, that is good for the American people. The next election cycle will be easier to influence if we make a good 3rd party showing this year.

Let the world know that there are a good portion of Americans that will be voting against John McCain AND Barack Obama

It wouldn't be a big deal if Bob Barr's campaign would just let it go. But they keep throwing rocks at the hornets nest.

Nate
09-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Libertarian Party: We want in on the debates! but just don't invite the Greens or Independent candidates.

lol unbelievable. And I was going to register Libertarian too.

Same here. Yesterday morning I was about to start going to the local Libertarian Party meetings but now I want nothing to do with supporting Barr's campaign. He just can't see that the big picture is about ripping down the 2 party system. Instead he seems to be more interested in playing personal power politics. I want to see debates that include every candidate/party that is on enough ballots to actually win in the electoral college. Besides having Nader and McKinney in the debates helps highlight the fact that Obama isn't even the best candidates for the socialist vote. He is just the only one of the 3 that is controlled by the establishment. The more people that vote for Nader/McKinney the less people vote for the Democrats just to keep the Republicans out of power. The more that happens the easier it will be for Barr to pull the voters away from McCain that are just voting for him to keep Obama and the Democrats out of power. Nader, McKinney and their voters are not the evil socialists. They are the same as Kucinich, they are all good hearted people who actually think that their version of big government would help the American people. They are anti-establishment, anti-imperialist, they are pro-civil liberties and would actually run this country better than either of the 2 major parties. Would I vote for any of them, no. I do not agree with their economic policies or their welfare state mentality but they are preferable to the Demopublicans who believe in a warfare state as well as a welfare state. Nader and McKinney would at least be a step in the right direction by eliminating the American empire and corporatist structure of our society. Barr lost my vote for not thinking about the long term need to eliminate the 2 party system.

P.S. I have friends who are Greens and/or Nader fans who now have much more respect for Ron Paul because he did this. I had one friend say that Ron Paul just became one of his favorite politicans because he just proved to him that he is truly anti-establishment and not just the head of some "corporate plot to take over the anti-war movement". He might have just taken the first step towards building a coalition of all the anti-war, pro-civil liberties proponents from both sides of the political spectrum. Ron Paul is playing chess and Bob Barr wants to keep playing checkers.

Scotso
09-11-2008, 01:50 PM
This email was really insulting to me. I joined the Libertarian Party this year, after Ron Paul dropped out of the race. I'd always supported the Party and the libertarian movement, but Ron Paul's candidacy and integrity are what really vaulted me into the movement myself. The fact that the Libertarian Party would insult and turn their backs on someone who has done more for the libertarian movement than everyone involved in that party combined is an insult of the highest order. Have Barr's cronies completely taken over the Party? If so, I want no part of it!

Why couldn't Mary Ruwart have won the nomination? :(

tonesforjonesbones
09-11-2008, 01:58 PM
I do not believe it is spin. NOt at all..I believe Ron Paul's campaign was infiltrated by neo cons and now his pac has been taken over by neo cons. It's the same thing as the newsletters ...ghostwriters. Remember the lady on here who said her groups petitions were denied by "Ron Paul"? Remember all the angst about his campaign screweing things up..in NH and all the way through the primaries? Look, Ron Paul is a kind man...and I also believe he is nieve. VIPERS and SNAKES have hijacked Dr. Paul...wake up people. the SAME VIPERS and SNAKES hijacked the Republican Party. PLEASE wake up people....tones

tonesforjonesbones
09-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Ron Paul is not running this show... I sincerely doubt he knows what these vipers and snakes are up to in his name. Tones

Scotso
09-11-2008, 02:01 PM
I do not believe it is spin. NOt at all..I believe Ron Paul's campaign was infiltrated by neo cons and now his pac has been taken over by neo cons. It's the same thing as the newsletters ...ghostwriters. Remember the lady on here who said her groups petitions were denied by "Ron Paul"? Remember all the angst about his campaign screweing things up..in NH and all the way through the primaries? Look, Ron Paul is a kind man...and I also believe he is nieve. VIPERS and SNAKES have hijacked Dr. Paul...wake up people. the SAME VIPERS and SNAKES hijacked the Republican Party. PLEASE wake up people....tones

Right, because the neocons were the ones who pushed him to NOT endorse McCain.

me3
09-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Why couldn't Mary Ruwart have won the nomination? :(
Because Barr and Root worked together to defeat her, just as they are working together to undermine Ron Paul. Both Barr and Root are into narcissistic personality politics, not serving the greater cause of liberty.

I don't normally do this.

You are a troll. Please go away.

tonesforjonesbones
09-11-2008, 02:05 PM
BEWARE....ssssssssssnakes and vipers people...we have to KNOW they will do anything to further their agenda of CREATIVE DESTRUCTION. the LP was infltrated by them several years back, according to some established libertarians that I know....LOOK how they destroyed the Libertarian Party...they have now got their FANGS into our LIBERTY MOVEMENT....BEWARE!!!! TONES

tonesforjonesbones
09-11-2008, 02:06 PM
I am NOT a troll....I am AWARE...and one step ahead of them. They are the devil...and now they are ruining the liberty movement. TONES

devil21
09-11-2008, 02:11 PM
If not for Ron Paul, Barr would be polling the usual .002% the LP nominee gets.

Kludge
09-11-2008, 02:12 PM
If not for Ron Paul, Barr would be polling the usual .002% the LP nominee gets.

**.32%

kombayn
09-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I am NOT a troll....I am AWARE...and one step ahead of them. They are the devil...and now they are ruining the liberty movement. TONES

I want to know where you get your LSD from, tones. I've been trying to find good LSD for the past year now and I think I may have just found someone with it. :P

tonesforjonesbones
09-11-2008, 02:36 PM
I suggest you stay OFF the LSD and go research who the Straussian Trotskyites are and what their agenda is. TONES

kombayn
09-11-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Sorry. I rather do LSD and then see some visual of what you're talking about, then laugh about it since I would be hallucinating.

rayzer
09-11-2008, 03:41 PM

I have been hearing a lot from many LP Members about concerns over Bob Barr not attending Ron Paul's press conference....

blah blah blah blah...

In Liberty!

Robert Kraus

As an avid LP supporter for many years. I am very sad to witness the death of the Libertarian Party. I am however, excited about the re-birth of the Constitution Party.

Bob Barr- go back to the GOP where you belong!

jabrownie
09-11-2008, 03:49 PM
In the words of Cartman....err....Bob Barr: Screw you guys, I'm going home!