PDA

View Full Version : WTF!? There's a debate TOMORROW NIGHT!?

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Tomorrow night on CNN? What is this? I thought debates weren't until the 26th, or something, in Missouri...

What's going on? Will Nader at least be there? I know Barr's not too high in the polls.

RPDelegate
09-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Tomorrow night on CNN? What is this? I thought debates weren't until the 26th, or something, in Missouri...

What's going on? Will Nader at least be there? I know Barr's not too high in the polls.

Nader won't be in any of the debates. The debates are now run by ex-chairmen of the democratic and republican parties. They set all the rules. One of the rules being, only the democratic and republican nominees are invited to the debates.

It's basically just more control over American and censorship of the other candidates, so their voices will not be heard. That way the masses will vote for either the democratic and republican nominee, and it won't matter since they are basically the same, and owned/controlled by the same people.

The_Orlonater
09-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Nader won't be in any of the debates. The debates are now run by ex-chairmen of the democratic and republican parties. They set all the rules. One of the rules being, only the democratic and republican nominees are invited to the debates.

It's basically just more control over American and censorship of the other candidates, so their voices will not be heard. That way the masses will vote for either the democratic and republican nominee, and it won't matter since they are basically the same, and owned/controlled by the same people.

:(

libertythor
09-10-2008, 05:47 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa184/beckynaska/funny%20cartoons/corn.jpg

freelance
09-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Third parties have to reach 15% in the polls (WHICH polls???) to be included. One of the worst things that has happened is the League of Women voters dropping the debates.

RPDelegate
09-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Third parties have to reach 15% in the polls (WHICH polls???) to be included. One of the worst things that has happened is the League of Women voters dropping the debates.

OK, is that the rule then. I thought they just weren't allowed at all.

Perhaps if they were given 15% of the MSM attention, they'd have 15% in the polls.

freelance
09-10-2008, 06:11 PM
OK, is that the rule then. I thought they just weren't allowed at all.

Perhaps if they were given 15% of the MSM attention, they'd have 15% in the polls.

Well, they might as well have made it 50% with the MSM control, so yeah, essentially they're not allowed in the debates. Can't risk another Perot.

Knightskye
09-11-2008, 10:23 AM
So, what do we do, boycott CNN for not having anyone intellectual in the debate?