PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on?

mountaineer
09-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Ok so I've been very busy lately and haven't been able to keep up with the latest happenings. After the DC march Ive been completely swamped with work and have been trying my hardest to keep up with the flow of information.

But I have failed. I havent even been able to watch videos of the R4R.

So I come on to the forums today and all hell is breaking loose it seems.
Ive learned: there was some sort of announcement, Bob Barr did...something...help.

Can anyone break down the recent goings-on for me Cliff Notes style?

Please?

rational thinker
09-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Bob Barr didn't show up at a Ron Paul press conference today, basically showing utter disrespect and carelessness for Ron Paul and the revolution.

georgiapeach
09-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Ron Paul set up press conference last Friday for an announcement of some sort, details super hush hush. They released time and place Monday, and said all four 3rd party candidates would attend. Yesterday, Bob Barr offered to let Ron Paul step in to be his VP. Ron Paul declined. Bob barr decided to cancel his appearence at Ron Paul's press conference at last minute, despite having his own scheduled for same place shortly thereafter. Rumors abound, but general consensus is that his people called and said he decided not to attend because it would be a "waste of time."

georgiapeach
09-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Oh, and one of Barr's campaign people posted a nasty blog about it on Myspace, talking trash about Ron Paul, which has since been removed.

armstrong
09-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Bob Barr / Ron Paul maybe

nullvalu
09-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Oh, and one of Barr's campaign people posted a nasty blog about it on Myspace, talking trash about Ron Paul, which has since been removed.

and also told a cfl staff member to "go F--- himself"