PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr Site Down!!!

libertythor
09-10-2008, 04:04 PM
http://www.bobbarr2008.com

Could Anonymous be behind this?

fr33domfightr
09-10-2008, 04:05 PM
The Bob Barr site is very busy...lot's of hits.

FF

libertythor
09-10-2008, 04:06 PM
The Bob Barr site is very busy...lot's of hits.

FF

Maybe donations are pouring in, or is it very busy from a DDOS attack?

constituent
09-10-2008, 04:06 PM
yea, he's real popular.

Kludge
09-10-2008, 04:07 PM

Probably a mixture of the interest generated by Ron Paul and the hate he and Cory generated for themselves.

constitutional
09-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Rating your own thread 5 stars = automatic 1 star from me.

Bob Barr must be having a money bomb, what a noobie!

Cowlesy
Oh definitely donations pouring in today.

fr33domfightr
There was a saying once, any press is good press. If this controversy gets Barr noticed, it might be better than no controversy. We'll have to see how it plays out in the coming days.

FF

me3
09-10-2008, 04:09 PM
I can't post to his blog. It's ticking me off.

This is good for Bob. The site will be down, and Shane Corey will be telling all of the weevils, "Look guys, I brought us Super Ron Paul Internets!"

Only once Terra Eclipse gets the site back up, they will realize they didn't bring in a dime, and have hundreds of angry emails to answer.

In fact, if I was the Barr campaign, I would turn off the site until tomorrow. Give people a chance to cool down, and realize they only loathe Bob Barr, not actually hate his guts.

libertythor
09-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Rating your own thread 5 stars = automatic 1 star from me.

Bob Barr must be having a money bomb, what a noobie!

How would you know that I did it?

moostraks
09-10-2008, 04:11 PM
I can't post to his blog. It's ticking me off.

This is good for Bob. The site will be down, and Shane Corey will be telling all of the weevils, "Look guys, I brought us Super Ron Paul Internets!"

Only once Terra Eclipse gets the site back up, they will realize they didn't bring in a dime, and have hundreds of angry emails to answer.

In fact, if I was the Barr campaign, I would turn off the site until tomorrow. Give people a chance to cool down, and realize they only loathe Bob Barr, not actually hate his guts.

Fat chance on that one might need to wait longer than that. I am an angry former Wiccan who still resents the crap out of him...:mad:

constitutional
09-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Maybe they took it down to clear up their acts? :D

libertythor
09-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Fat chance on that one might need to wait longer than that. I am an angry former Wiccan who still resents the crap out of him...:mad:

Maybe he truly changed his opinion on religous freedom. If he says something that indicates that he is still the same old guy, then I will look for another candidate. My Aunt is a Wiccan.

jcarcinogen
09-10-2008, 04:14 PM
DDoS?

constitutional
How would you know that I did it?

LOL, look at almost all threads started by you. They all having ratings, no matter how absurd the topic is.

SLSteven
Oh definitely donations pouring in today.

That is a good one!

libertythor
09-10-2008, 04:16 PM
LOL, look at almost all threads started by you. They all having ratings, no matter how absurd the topic is.

Well of course I will rate my own threads a 5. :) Maybe if everybody did that, all threads would get voted on more. :D

brandon
09-10-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm chargin mah lazer!!!

Drknows
09-10-2008, 04:21 PM
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/6717/babarbobbarrqz0.jpg

libertythor
09-10-2008, 04:22 PM
DDoS?

Maybe. Anonymous might have gotten ticked off. Prepare for a rick roll boombox at a Barr Rally a la cientologia!

libertythor
09-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Still down.

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 04:41 PM
bob barr is a joke and he has destoyed the lp, screw barr and the lp they need to go away like the gop, useless pieces of crap!!!

libertythor
09-10-2008, 04:45 PM
bob barr is a joke and he has destoyed the lp, screw barr and the lp they need to go away like the gop, useless pieces of crap!!!

Hey I myself was hoping that Mary Ruwart would get the nomination, but whatever you guys are doing to Barr's website, stop it. Its not cool, being that its private property.

armstrong
09-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Barr / Paul ticket maybe

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Still down.

good i hope they destroy his site forever i hope he has viruses thatshut his site down for the rest of his life)

newyearsrevolution08
09-10-2008, 04:47 PM

I can tell you it is NOT due to donations lol... :rolleyes:

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Barr / Paul ticket maybe

screw a barr/paul ticket barr is done screw him forever , barr is an enemy for life!!!! i wouldnt vote for a barr/paul ticket now anyway barr totally screwed himself

libertythor
09-10-2008, 04:49 PM
I can tell you it is NOT due to donations lol... :rolleyes:

I feared that. Now that DDOS seems to be in vogue for political sites, when is McCain's or Obama's site going down?

Taking down Barr's is not productive.

constituent
09-10-2008, 04:50 PM
but whatever you guys are doing to Barr's website.

my money's on "inside job"

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Hey I myself was hoping that Mary Ruwart would get the nomination, but whatever you guys are doing to Barr's website, stop it. Its not cool, being that its private property.

screw his site forever, i hope everyone attacks it daily hourly , barr is done finished!!! private property when did barr ever care about private property oo yeah he doesn't care ,screw barr he asked for everything he is getting and note i haven't done anything to his site but i encourage everyone to do whatever it takes to end his bs campaign now!!!!! barr is over and done with in my eyes, dead to me!!

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 04:53 PM
I feared that. Now that DDOS seems to be in vogue for political sites, when is McCain's or Obama's site going down?

Taking down Barr's is not productive.

anything that shuts down barrs pathetic message is productive good work who ever is screwing his site up ,keep up the great work, bravo bravo

afmatt
09-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Funny how his site is down but his donate page is still up... priority's I guess.
bobbarr 2008 .com /donate

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 04:56 PM
if this was his way to get donations haha, barr is done!!! the lp and barr will not get a dime from me for years to come ,unless the drop barr/root in the next 48 hrs!!!!

libertythor
my money's on "inside job"

Could be! A lot of RP supporters did join his campaign, and his website was designed by RP supporters.

Kludge
A skeleton site is now up to conserve bandwidth.

Edit: Fully up, but very slow.

me3
09-10-2008, 05:13 PM
They closed the blog comments after a sock puppet wrote a long rant pro-Barr. I assume it was someone on the staff.

Too bad I didn't get to put in my 2 cents. F Bob Barr.

go_carolina_528
09-10-2008, 05:15 PM
I just sent the campaign a comment retracting my support on the comment page. I urge others to do the same

acptulsa
09-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Funny how his site is down but his donate page is still up... priorities I guess.
bobbarr 2008 .com /donate

Do we need more proof it was an inside job?

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Hopefully it was the LP that realizes they were backstabbed and they are about to do something big.

Gin
09-10-2008, 05:24 PM
http://blog.bobbarr2008.com/2008/09/10/look-past-fluff-and-spin/#comment-6592

Boy Barr people are rough...certainly not like us

libertythor
09-10-2008, 05:31 PM
WOW. His campaign contact forms aren't working.

-lotus-
09-10-2008, 05:33 PM
LP Contact info:

Staff Contacts
2600 Virginia Avenue, N.W.
Suite 200
Washington, DC 20037
(202)333-0008 (Phone)
(202)333-0072(Fax)
info@lp.org
Department Contacts
Member Services: members@lp.org
Campaign Support: campaigns@lp.org
Donor Development: development@lp.org
Operations and Accounting: ops@lp.org
Affiliate Relations: affiliates@lp.org
Public Relations: pr@lp.org
Web Support: webmaster@lp.org

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Phone and E-mail bomb like the old days? :D

freelance
09-10-2008, 05:35 PM
There was a saying once, any press is good press. If this controversy gets Barr noticed, it might be better than no controversy. We'll have to see how it plays out in the coming days.

FF

Most people know who Bob Barr is. He was on the TV every single night during the Clinton impeachment hearings.

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Most people know who Bob Barr is.

Isn't he that guy that didn't show up to Ron Paul's press conference?

nobody's_hero
09-10-2008, 08:07 PM
My likely- to-be-unapproved comment on the Barr Blog:

Once upon a time there were two parties. Their leaders became so bitterly divided, that the supporters of each of the two parties grew to where they could support nothing that the other party had on its platform. Things that were vital to the fundamental nature of this great country, such as free speech; peace and a humble foreign policy; freedom from outlandish national debts; privacy rights, etc., were lost amidst the squabbling between these two parties.

Today, leaders from a few smaller parties gathered to at least show some support for regaining these very core principles. Although their parties had very, very different philosophies, they could at least agree on these very simple things.

I broke free of the two major parties (specifically, the Republican party, and I knew the Democratic party was NOT for me), because I was tired of loosing [sic] all of my rights, while the bickering went on incessantly.

But, today, my candidate pick for election year 2008, let me down. Be mindful, Barr, that you have NOT lost my vote, despite today’s reckless events.

I do, however, by the power vested in me as a citizen of the United States of America, re-affirm my duty to hold you accountable for your actions.

I saw, also, that the comments section for the "Bob Barr Shows Leadership to Unify Liberty Movement" blog post has been shut down. This kind of action, particularly on a libertarian website, I find very disappointing.

nobody's_hero
09-11-2008, 07:23 AM
Down again?

I think he's kicking himself now.

angelatc
09-11-2008, 07:27 AM
This does not do anything to further the cause of liberty. Barr disappointed a lot of you, I get that. So don't vote for him. But destroying any alternative to the 2 major parties will drive people back to the major parties.

speciallyblend
09-11-2008, 07:28 AM
i hope they live and learn but to be honest barr lost my vote yesterday with his actions and much more from previous days.....
i actually was going to hold my nose and vote for barr for the lp,but he even blew that chance now.
I say everyone needs to call the bob barr office and the lp and your state lp and demand they remove the barr/root ticket.....

speciallyblend
09-11-2008, 07:31 AM
This does not do anything to further the cause of liberty. Barr disappointed a lot of you, I get that. So don't vote for him. But destroying any alternative to the 2 major parties will drive people back to the major parties.

hey i have not done anything,but i hope his site never gets back up. the lp should rethink their choices in the future. only barr can screw the lp ,and he did it good... thank barr/lp people, so much for the libertarian ideals. the barr folks took their own site down,it is called blowback they are trying to wipe their shit off,but it only smears more crap, bob barr is a joke now...

Peace&Freedom
09-11-2008, 07:32 AM
In defense of Barr's actions concerning the press conference, I wrote the following yesterday, and stand by it:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1668930#post1668930

speciallyblend
09-11-2008, 07:41 AM
In defense of Barr's actions concerning the press conference, I wrote the following yesterday, and stand by it:

then you stand by a liar, barr,look barr burnt his own bridges yesterday. I have no intention to build any new bridges until the lp dumps this ticket ,i might look at the lp again in 6-8 yrs..... barr is the problem, you can make excuses up all you want ,but in the end barr is a liar by his own words............ barr is full of BS ,now if your trying to get a job at the barr campaign then good luck.

Barr only has himself to blame,i can smell his bs from colorado!!!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-11-2008, 07:45 AM

Barr is either evil or stupid. Combine that with his track record against liberty, and it doesn't really matter which.

Besides a few years of non-office-holding lip service, Barr has done nothing to further the cause of liberty.

I may have to vote LP this year since Barr seems intent on destroying it, but Barr is a shill.

Kacela
09-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Barr is either evil or stupid. Combine that with his track record against liberty, and it doesn't really matter which.

Besides a few years of non-office-holding lip service, Barr has done nothing to further the cause of liberty.

I may have to vote LP this year since Barr seems intent on destroying it, but Barr is a shill.
Agree. Once CIA, always CIA.

steph3n
09-11-2008, 08:23 AM
site is still down now.......lets go crazy wild with statements, He's dropped out!

(sorry for last part it is a joke, but I wish it was true)