PDA

View Full Version : Will you a--h----s please stop fighting about the shenanigans today and FOCUS?

DRV45N05
09-10-2008, 03:31 PM
I've participated in some of this infighting, and for this, I apologize and rescind my involvement in it. We who care about liberty have a much, much more important job on our hands.

In case you haven't heard, we've got this amazing Congressional Candidate in the Fourth District of North Carolina named B.J. Lawson, who actually HAS been endorsed by Dr. Paul (http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/endorsements/ron-paul/), and who emceed the Ron Paul Nation Celebration, and was just featured in freaking Vanity Fair. He's the guy we ALL want to see win and get into Congress. He needs money, and we've got an opportunity next week on Constitution Day, September 17, to help him out with it.

http://www.lawsonlibertyfund.com/

The donation pledge amount is just $17.87, in honor of the year of the birth of our Constitution, which we all care about. If everyone who attended the Rally for the Republic donated this amount to his campaign next week, he could raise $200,000 in one day. This would give him the resources he needs to win.

We're all going to have our different third-party preferences in the Presidential race. One preference I'm sure we all share is to see Dr. Lawson be the next Representative of the Fourth District of North Carolina. So please: pledge today, and DONATE on September 17.

newyearsrevolution08
09-10-2008, 03:34 PM
shenanigans

RonPaulVolunteer
09-10-2008, 03:35 PM
assholes

freelance
09-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Actually, most people aren't fighting. They're venting their frustration at a lack of integrity and decency.

DeadtoSin
09-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Try following your own advice.

Originally Posted by DRV45N05 View Post
Chuck Baldwin is NOT a libertarian. No one who wants to make gays into second class citizens, ban drugs and gambling, shut our country off to trade and immigration, claim that America was founded as a "Christian nation," say they "respect" Jerry Falwell, claim that the Constitution is divinely inspired, and try to impose Christian doctrine on the rest of society through law can legitimately claim to be libertarian. As such, Chuck Baldwin simply does not endorse Ron Paul's philosophy of libertarianism, and IMO he is unworthy of our support.

The Barr campaign made an unwise decision to back out of the press conference today. But just because he did so doesn't mean he's less deserving of our support. Barr had a voting record in Congress rated "libertarian" over his lifetime by the Republican Liberty Caucus, and he's moved in the right direction on issues about which he was wrong (Iraq, Drugs, DOMA). HE was the one who pushed the Libertarian Party to author the invitation to Dr. Paul to seek its Presidential Nomination (before Barr got into the race), a resolution that also called for the Libertarian Party to open its resources to the Paul campaign (particularly in New Hampshire). Barr endorsed Dr. Paul's campaign early on, and he introduced him at CPAC. I understand why the Barr campaign is upset that Dr. Paul isn't giving him his exclusive endorsement, and it's a sentiment I share.

Switching from Barr to Baldwin simply because Barr backed out of Dr. Paul's press conference symbolizes a morphing of this movement more about a personalty cult centered around Ron Paul than about advancing libertarianism, which is Dr. Paul's philosophy and his message and which he has stated personally many times is what his efforts are all about. Dr. Paul didn't ask for this; we've done it ourselves. We've made this into something that is no better than the campaigns of Barack Obama and John McCain, and for this we should be ashamed of cheapening what Dr. Paul started.

And good job saying that Baldwin's platform is essentially the Constitution party's platform. Baldwin has actually been critical of the "Christian right."

It's kind of like saying that Ron Paul is a warmongering deficit spending sleazebag because the GOP is. You make my head hurt. You post something divisive, and then cuss at everyone to get them to get along.

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Will you assholes please stop fighting about the shenanigans today and FOCUS?

Trying to win friends?

newyearsrevolution08
09-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Trying to win friends?

shenanigans

james1844
Regardless...the OP has a point, BJ really is an excellent candidate, and it would be a real shame to let him slip between the cracks while we are being indulgent and flaming each other about Barr.

slacker921
agreed. There are much more important issues (Opening the debates, getting Lawson elected, etc.. ) than rehashing what has been said on here dozens of times about Barr's past.

qh4dotcom
09-10-2008, 03:48 PM
DRV45N05 is right...it's time to stop behaving like Washington....where Republicans and Democrats bicker with each other....and while they are doing that nothing gets accomplished.

DRV45N05
09-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Try following your own advice.

And good job saying that Baldwin's platform is essentially the Constitution party's platform. Baldwin has actually been critical of the "Christian right."

It's kind of like saying that Ron Paul is a warmongering deficit spending sleazebag because the GOP is. You make my head hurt. You post something divisive, and then cuss at everyone to get them to get along.

I did post it. For it, I'm sorry. It was ill-advised. I was caught in the heat of the moment.

At the beginning of this post, I stated that I rescinded my involvement in in-fighting. The more we fight against each other, the closer we get to losing the battle for liberty.

DeadtoSin
09-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey, fair enough. I apologize for being so blunt and rude.

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 03:57 PM
I've participated in some of this infighting, and for this, I apologize and rescind my involvement in it. We who care about liberty have a much, much more important job on our hands.

In case you haven't heard, we've got this amazing Congressional Candidate in the Fourth District of North Carolina named B.J. Lawson, who actually HAS been endorsed by Dr. Paul (http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/endorsements/ron-paul/), and who emceed the Ron Paul Nation Celebration, and was just featured in freaking Vanity Fair. He's the guy we ALL want to see win and get into Congress. He needs money, and we've got an opportunity next week on Constitution Day, September 17, to help him out with it.

The donation pledge amount is just $17.87, in honor of the year of the birth of our Constitution, which we all care about. If everyone who attended the Rally for the Republic donated this amount to his campaign next week, he could raise $200,000 in one day. This would give him the resources he needs to win.

We're all going to have our different third-party preferences in the Presidential race. One preference I'm sure we all share is to see Dr. Lawson be the next Representative of the Fourth District of North Carolina. So please: pledge today, and DONATE on September 17.

Right, let's just sweep the angry anti-Barrs under the carpet where they were until they saw an excuse to start ranting and raving, and help BJ Lawson get elected.

DRV45N05
09-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Right, let's just sweep the angry anti-Barrs under the carpet where they were until they saw an excuse to start ranting and raving, and help BJ Lawson get elected.

That's not at all I'm saying.

There were many pro-Barrs and/or anti-Baldwins who were emboldened by the firestorm started over this event. I'm one of them. We're just as much to blame for what's gone on today.

There's more productive work for us all right now.

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 04:12 PM
There's more productive work for us all right now.

It is hard to invest in "productive work" while we are seeing work being sabbotaged.

james1844
09-10-2008, 04:16 PM
BJ Lawson is a viable candidate, running a disciplined campaign that makes good decisions. If you want to make an investment in your time, energy and money for the values of limited government and low taxes, support BJ Lawson.

Its as simple as that.

DRV45N05
09-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Hey, fair enough. I apologize for being so blunt and rude.

I probably deserved it.

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Bump for BJ.

Hamer
09-10-2008, 07:31 PM

This is how BJ Lawson promotes a fundraiser?

Calling people assholes because they are free thinkers is the wrong way. Count me out of this fundraiser.

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 07:38 PM
there is no infighting, im just stating that barr has lost my vote and many others and he can go to hell,see no fighting at all unless your bob barr then let's rumble, i so would hit him right now if i could...

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 07:41 PM

Calling people assholes because they are free thinkers is the wrong way. Count me out of this fundraiser.

BJ Lawson didn't post that.

DRV45N05
09-10-2008, 07:52 PM

I'm not B.J. Lawson. My post is no way a representation of him. I wanted to bring attention from it, and I chose the wrong words with which to do it.