PDA

View Full Version : Pulled over for the first time

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-10-2008, 03:22 PM
I was going thru an intersection and the car in front of me stopped short, so i was pinned, then a police officer pulls me over once the traffic starts going again and issues me a warning for blocking an intersection? He did it with the guy in front of me too. Only reason I didn't get a ticket was because officer is from the same town as I, do they have the right to do this bullshit?

Zippyjuan
09-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Was it reasonable for you to expect the car in front of you to clear the intersection or was it possible it would be blocked by traffic going the other way? You are supposed to wait until the intersection is clear before entering it unless traffic is freely flowing.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-10-2008, 03:28 PM
traffic was flowing then he stopped short, someone mustve held up the traffic in the front

Dieseler
09-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Ahh, It feels like the first time.
Brings back memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-nm7Q1wzfA

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Ahh, It feels like the first time.
Brings back memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-nm7Q1wzfA

k whats that have to do with me being pulled over for driving

newyearsrevolution08
09-10-2008, 03:41 PM
you need to play more defenses and psychic style of driving, as a citizen you must know full well how many feet you have as well as what the traffic MIGHT do ahead of you. If you are not able to predict the future then you should not be driving lol.

fuck those cops who waste our time on shit like that, here is a thought worry about the traffic flow problems and not you trying to get home, work, to this or that...

Dieseler
09-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Nothing really, but be careful. I got five tickets in one month when I was 20 years old.
I'm trolling bad tonight.
But then again, what does getting pulled over have to do with General Politics.
JK'in, don't freak out.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Nothing really, but be careful. I got five tickets in one month when I was 20 years old.
I'm trolling bad tonight.
But then again, what does getting pulled over have to do with General Politics.
JK'in, don't freak out.

the point is, the other guy got a ticket, i don't think it is fair. when traffic is very heavy, police are supposed to direct traffic, instead of directing traffic, the police just sit around watching. !!!

Indy Vidual
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Don't enter the intersection, unless you can go all the way through.

constitutional
09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
the point is, the other guy got a ticket, i don't think it is fair. when traffic is very heavy, police are supposed to direct traffic, instead of directing traffic, the police just sit around watching. !!!

Heck, it's your tax money, they have a check coming from government every other week. And so they have no motivation to do their job with the best of their ability.

And it's not like you have an option to travel on a private road with private police regulating traffic. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Same with USPS workers who care less about where your mail goes compared to UPS. The UPS's faith is in the hand of its customers.

And so the basic lesson is: Government fails.

RickyJ
09-10-2008, 09:01 PM

Yep, that is the only way to avoid getting stuck in the intersection after the light turns.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-10-2008, 09:08 PM

Okay, the traffic wasn't bumper to bumper, it was FLOWING, then SUDDENLY it stops. What the fuck am I supposed to do? Stop at the line, see all the cars pass through, then start the car? I"ll get another fucking warning/ticket for 'disrupting traffic' for stopping at a green light

Dieseler
09-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Okay, the traffic wasn't bumper to bumper, it was FLOWING, then SUDDENLY it stops. What the fuck am I supposed to do? Stop at the line, see all the cars pass through, then start the car? I"ll get another fucking warning/ticket for 'disrupting traffic' for stopping at a green light

No you wouldn't.
The light would have changed without you stuck in the intersection.
The traffic must have been at least heavy enough to fill the distance between the lights. When traffic is bumper to bumper like that you must be sure there is room for you on the other side of the intersection before you proceed through.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-10-2008, 09:22 PM
No you wouldn't.
The light would have changed without you stuck in the intersection.
The traffic must have been at least heavy enough to fill the distance between the lights. When traffic is bumper to bumper like that you must be sure there is room for you on the other side of the intersection before you proceed through.
No, all the cars stopped for some reason, it is common on that road for a car to cut off traffic by pulling out of a gas station, i think that is what it may have been, either way i think it is unfair to pull me over for something i could not control, i don't have foresight, i can't tell the future. i would have backed up but someone was behind me so what am i to do