GOOD! They weren't any good at it anyway. :D

Jeez. :D

libertythor
09-10-2008, 07:14 PM
This is what I think about the decision:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t254/mcsatan999/corn.jpg

ChickenHawk
09-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Hand recounts should be illegal. Machine counts have been proven to be more accurate and less susceptible to fraud. There needs to be a paper trail so that the vote can be audited but an official hand count is not necessary or a good idea.

The law should allow up to two recounts by machine (3 counts total) and if the outcome changes there should be a new election.

I know a bunch of people are going to post YouTube videos that "prove" the machines are inaccurate. Please spare me, I've seen them all and am not impressed.

Knightskye
09-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Hand recounts should be illegal. Machine counts have been proven to be more accurate and less susceptible to fraud. There needs to be a paper trail so that the vote can be audited but an official hand count is not necessary or a good idea.

The law should allow up to two recounts by machine (3 counts total) and if the outcome changes there should be a new election.

I know a bunch of people are going to post YouTube videos that "prove" the machines are inaccurate. Please spare me, I've seen them all and am not impressed.

Pay no attention to the troll behind the curtain. :rolleyes:

Truth Warrior
09-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Any "system" dependent on human reliability is inherently unreliable.

dannno
09-11-2008, 10:49 AM
pay no attention to the troll behind the curtain. :rolleyes:

rofl!

porcupine
09-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I was happy to vote with paper ballots here in New Hampshire. It's still the best way.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-11-2008, 11:32 AM
nt

freelance
09-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Hand recounts should be illegal. Machine counts have been proven to be more accurate and less susceptible to fraud.

LOL! Ya gotta love those public schools.

HOLLYWOOD
09-11-2008, 11:53 AM
'It's Not the People Whos Vote that Count; It's the People Who Count the Votes' Joseph Stalin

but all the machines can be made to produce anything any results.

Dump the corrupt Electoral College CRAP... Popular Vote only!

Fire the 5 POLITICIANS on the Supreme Court!

Truth Warrior
09-11-2008, 11:55 AM
'It's Not the People Whos Vote that Count; It's the People Who Count the Votes' Joseph Stalin

but all the machines can be made to produce anything any results.

Dump the corrupt Electoral College CRAP... Popular Vote only!

Fire the 5 POLITICIANS on the Supreme Court!

Knightskye
09-11-2008, 12:02 PM
rofl!

Right back atcha, Dannno! :D

ChickenHawk
09-11-2008, 12:39 PM
It's not the machines that bother me its the fact that machine manipulation takes far less people than manipulating a hand count.

I'll take unreliable human hand recounts any day of the week. I am appalled people would advocate taking it off the table completely.

Why would we the people give the power to count the votes solely over to machines? And should the need for a recount arise such as a gross discrepancy between exit polls and the tally why would we entrust the same machines with the same people in control of the machines to recount it?

Manipulation of the machines is definitely a potential problem. That is why I think that electronic voting should be illegal. Voting should be done on paper and counted by machines. The paper can be audited and the machines can be tested for accuracy to ensure that there is no fraud. I see no reason a less accurate hand count should be used for official results.

dannno
09-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Manipulation of the machines is definitely a potential problem. That is why I think that electronic voting should be illegal. Voting should be done on paper and counted by machines. The paper can be audited and the machines can be tested for accuracy to ensure that there is no fraud. I see no reason a less accurate hand count should be used for official results.

Are you aware that auditing requires a hand count?

ChickenHawk
09-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Are you aware that auditing requires a hand count?

Yes, but it shouldn't be part of the official count. If an audit uncovers fraud there should be a law suit filed to force a new election. Hand counts are used frequently in an attempt steal close elections by introducing a higher level human error into the equation.

pennycat
09-11-2008, 01:22 PM
I want hand recounts. Period. I saw first hand at my precinct the incompetence of workers tabulating the machines. Keeping the hand recount option on the table will provide a check against the temptation for politicians that want to steal an election.

P.S. I recommend everyone sign up to be an official poll watcher PRIOR to every election. This will allow you to go inside the poling place while doors are locked and votes are tabulated. Call your local Supervisor of Elections for details.

Matt Collins
09-11-2008, 05:18 PM
P.S. I recommend everyone sign up to be an official poll watcher PRIOR to every election. This will allow you to go inside the poling place while doors are locked and votes are tabulated. Call your local Supervisor of Elections for details.Exactly Nick...

As part of the CFL ideal I am trying to get more involved with my local GOP.

How am I doing this?

Well, I have told my local county GOP organization that I would be willing to serve as a poll watcher. After becoming a member of my local GOP a few months ago and attending several meetings, I e-mailed the chairman and told him I would be happy to help the GOP verify the counting of the ballots (it's all electronic in TN unfortunately) or to be a part of whatever verification process takes place. In a few weeks they will be sending me to a local government school for those who are poll watching.

In an e-mail the chairman sent out to the person in charge he said: "I have met Matt at several of our functions and I think he will bring some great energy..."

Everyone should consider doing the same thing. It's a great way to get your name well known within your local GOP.

Knightskye
09-11-2008, 08:27 PM
yes, but

doy!