PDA

View Full Version : RP Grassroots petition to Bob Barr

Bradley in DC
09-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Whereas we appreciate that you worked closely with Dr. Paul while you both served together in the House when few others would;

Whereas we appreciate your personal evolution towards a more consistent libertarian philosophy;

Whereas we welcome converts to our cause;

Whereas we recognize your support for Dr. Paul's presidential bid within the LP and at CPAC;

Whereas the presidential debate should focus on the message, not the man;

Whereas we know that Dr. Paul encouraged you to run for president;

Whereas we appreciate you asking Dr. Paul to be your running mate with WAR's support;

Whereas we are all human and make mistakes as you have acknowledged;

We, the undersigned, hereby ask you to admit that you made a mistake deciding not to appear at Dr. Paul's press conference today (especially after agreeing to do so and publicizing your attendance on your campaign website) and to apologize to Dr. Paul publicly.

Bradley in DC

constituent
09-10-2008, 02:05 PM
+constituent

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 02:06 PM
ooooh! I can get behind a public apology to the good doctor! :)

Kludge
09-10-2008, 02:06 PM
I'll sign if you can get an e-petition up and will email those I know in the LP...

Edit: Wait, make sure Shane Cory is to apologize as well.

Falseflagop
09-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Who cares screw him, he is a tool !!

LibertyEagle
No. I wanting nothing to do with the son-of-a-bitch! :mad:

ItsTime
He lost my vote

Menthol Patch
09-10-2008, 02:09 PM
We should not waste our time trying to get an apology from Bob Barr.

I bet Bob Barr never apologized to this woman's family.

http://www.cheryldcmemorial.org/images/last_pic_Cheryl.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOuRsnVny7Y

brunner
Bradley,

Come on, man. We don't need a petition. Barr is and has always been a total douche that didn't deserve our support in the first place.

I'm not going to go begging to him for anything.

SnappleLlama

I just want him to apologize to Dr. Paul.

Rangeley
09-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I'd like to see it happen, but I don't think we should have to ask.

micahnelson

lolunity.

I agree with you though.

Though, now that I think of it, Bob Barr did manage to unite the forum today.

acptulsa
Dear Bob Barr:

Do what the hell you want. By this shall ye be judged.

idiom
09-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Whereas you are a right Bastard

Whereas you are causing severe havoc within the last movement trying to save America

Whereas we can't even trust you to dress yourself

We the undersigned ask you to take the gentlemens way out and grant you a pistol with a single bullet.

VTV
09-10-2008, 02:12 PM
http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/09/bob-barrs-national-field-director-attacks-ron-paul-on-myspace-blog/#comment-12620

You are never going to get an apology. The Barr people have made it clear they are in no way endeared to Ron Paul.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
whereas you can go fu*k yourself

amy31416
I'd be game for a petition asking him to step down for the sake of the LP.

voytechs
Grasping at straws here. I'd wait for events to clear up a bit more. Lets see what RP has to say about this on Situation room today. Within the hour actually. May be this interview will shed some light.

ClayTrainor
09-10-2008, 02:13 PM

This sums it up nicely.

If Barr feels the need to apologize, he should, if not... Fuck him :)

Ninja Homer
09-10-2008, 02:13 PM

+1

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Grasping at straws here. I'd wait for events to clear up a bit more. Lets see what RP has to say about this on Situation room today. Within the hour actually. May be this interview will shed some light.

UGH! Why do I have to be away from a computer for the next three and a half hours or so?! I haven't been this excited on the forums in awhile....and it took that delightful Bob Barr to do it! :D

constituent

that's a good one.

pinkmandy

QFT.

I had a preference for Baldwin but was considering Barr to boost the vote percentage for the LP in the vote totals. No way now. "Not worth my time". :mad:

Menthol Patch
09-10-2008, 02:15 PM

I agree! That is a petition I would get behind!

brunner

Hey, now there's an idea I could get behind!

I'd even blog it on LewRockwell.com for the first few thousand signatures.

speciallyblend
bradley screw barr he isn't worth it, barr is finished screw him

raystone
Whereas we appreciate your personal evolution towards a more consistent libertarian philosophy;

I don't think so. Nice attempt at spinning this Bradley, but as she said on Jerry McGuire

"It's spun!" Time to change the avatar!

Kludge
09-10-2008, 02:16 PM

+1 so long as Root is included.

We still have Baldwin and Nader...

Is it possible for affiliated state LPs to break and switch their ticket without national LP authority?

revolutionary8
09-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Whereas we appreciate that you worked closely with Dr. Paul while you both served together in the House when few others would;

Whereas we welcome converts to our cause;

Whereas we recognize your support for Dr. Paul's presidential bid within the LP and at CPAC;

Whereas the presidential debate should focus on the message, not the man;

Whereas we know that Dr. Paul encouraged you to run for president;

Whereas we appreciate you asking Dr. Paul to be your running mate with WAR's support;

Whereas we are all human and make mistakes as you have acknowledged;

We, the undersigned, hereby ask you to admit that you made a mistake deciding not to appear at Dr. Paul's press conference today (especially after agreeing to do so and publicizing your attendance on your campaign website) and to apologize to Dr. Paul publicly.

Bradley in DC

What a total load of crap this is Bradley! You want us to sign a petition telling him how much we "appreciate" him!
I appreciate NOTHING he has done.
He should apologize to Ron Paul, without a freaking "petition" and this crisis control from the BB campaign will not work.
he should fire Shane and admit that he is a bold-faced LIAR.

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2008, 02:18 PM

Agreed Barr is done. We should petition the LP about this.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Petition him to step down and hand it over to Ruwart.

dawnbt
09-10-2008, 02:19 PM
http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/09/bob-barrs-national-field-director-attacks-ron-paul-on-myspace-blog/#comment-12620

You are never going to get an apology. The Barr people have made it clear they are in no way endeared to Ron Paul.

+1

Kludge
What a total load of crap this is Bradley! You want us to sign a petition telling him how much we "appreciate" him!
I appreciate NOTHING he has done.
He should apologize to Ron Paul, without a freaking "petition" and this crisis control from the BB campaign will not work.
he should fire Shane and admit that he is a bold-faced LIAR.

How did the media outlets respond when you ordered them to go fuck themselves and then demand Ron Paul be given air time?

pinkmandy

Oh, and FUCK HIM. What kind of piece of crap blog is that? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 02:20 PM
the word barr needs to be banned from this forum

FSP-Rebel
09-10-2008, 02:20 PM
He lost my vote
It just seems that Barr really doesn't have a passion for liberty. When Dr. Paul holds a press conference to insist that other candidates be included in the debates, Barr acts like he could care less--which is why his fundraising is weak. So, yeah, he just lost my vote as well.

FSP-Rebel
09-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Petition him to step down and hand it over to Ruwart.
I concur

revolutionary8
09-10-2008, 02:21 PM
How did the media outlets respond when you ordered them to go fuck themselves and then demand Ron Paul be given air time?
who are you talking to? I never told anyone to go * themselves, that was Shane Corey, director of COMS for BOB BARR.

Don wrote:

I just sat in stunned silence as Bob Barr blatantly lied to the national press corp (or the half dozen members that bothered to show up). He stated that he had not committed to attend this press conference. This is patently false. He was fully committed to attend until 30 minutes before when Russ Varney called Jesse Benton and said that Barr was out. This man has not one ounce of integrity in his body.

Adam Kokesh stood up during the press conference, denounced Barr and withdrew his support. Several others in the room quickly followed. Great job Adam!

I asked Barr Communications Director Shane Corey after the event why they pulled this stunt and was told to go f*** myself.

Bob Barr is a bold-faced liar and this petition should be asking him to step down.

Menthol Patch
09-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Who here will be willing to start a petition asking the LP to make Bob Barr step down?

Perry
09-10-2008, 02:24 PM
This is about the Republic, not Bob Barr.

amy31416
09-10-2008, 02:25 PM
+1 so long as Root is included.

We still have Baldwin and Nader...

Is it possible for affiliated state LPs to break and switch their ticket without national LP authority?

Yeah, ideally, Barr and Root gone. Replaced with Ruwart and Kubby (based on my limited knowledge of the two.)

I don't know the answer to your question though, I'm sure someone must.

amy31416
09-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Who here will be willing to start a petition asking the LP to make Bob Barr step down?

I've never written a petition, but I'd certainly be willing to help.

revolutionary8
09-10-2008, 02:26 PM

Bob Barr 2008 National Field Director Mike Ferguson says Ron Paul showed a “complete lack of leadership” today, and “has, again, blown a tremendous opportunity to lead and advance the agenda of the Constitution, and individual liberty.”

Ferguson insinuates that Ron Paul’s campaign was ego-driven and not really about the issues. He also says that in not endorsing Barr, the thrice-married ex-CIA man who paid for his second wife’s abortion, Paul showed he lacked courage.

Worst of all, Ferugson says Paul refused to endorse Barr because supporting all four third-party candidates maximizes Paul’s book-sale potential. “Ron Paul is in the Ron Paul business,” he says.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Ferguson, Go * yourself!

Menthol Patch
09-10-2008, 02:28 PM
I've never written a petition, but I'd certainly be willing to help.

I'm going to start a thread where we can organize this.

amy31416
09-10-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm going to start a thread where we can organize this.

Awesome. Thanks.

BarryDonegan
09-10-2008, 02:29 PM
if ron paul does not accept his VP nomination, then Bob Barr does need to apologize.

if ron paul does accept his nomination, then bob barr and ron paul need an award for being the most intelligent twosome in the history of electoral politics.

FSP-Rebel
09-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah, ideally, Barr and Root gone. Replaced with Ruwart and Kubby (based on my limited knowledge of the two.)

I don't know the answer to your question though, I'm sure someone must.
I agree with the Ruwart/Kubby concept. Conversely, it is possible for states to put other candidates on the ballot as LPers, NH has Barr and Phillies--not that Phillies does anything for me...

Menthol Patch
09-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Please go to this thread if you want to work on a petition asking the LP to make Bob Barr step down.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1666893#post1666893

RedLightning
09-10-2008, 02:35 PM
I think the LP should support Baldwin and get him more ballot access this year.

Carole
09-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Totally true. It should not ever be a matter of the law, but purely a personal choice.

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 02:39 PM
/signed.

Kludge
09-10-2008, 02:40 PM
I've emailed my most beloved LP idol (not Stossel) to learn what, if anything, can be done.

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 07:14 PM
I've emailed my most beloved LP idol (not Stossel) to learn what, if anything, can be done.

John Stossel makes a really good point.

:D

libertythor
09-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Now this is a positive thread that doesn't warrant my shitcorn pic. :)

Indy Vidual
09-10-2008, 07:21 PM

+1

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Signed.

amy31416
09-10-2008, 07:25 PM
+1

Just in case you guys weren't aware, the petition has been created: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/RemoveBobBar/index.html

me3
09-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Bradley, as a friend, you are seriously compromising yourself by continuing to support Barr.

You know that the right thing to do, given Bob's antics and shenanigans today, is to walk away. He's shown terrible judgment and his advisers are clearly not interested in the big picture.

I am personally convinced this was not an innocent mistake as you would have us believe can be solved with a petition, but a deliberate attempt to undermine RP, the CFL and to split the Ron Paul support base, perhaps the LP too.

I would pretty much need Jesus himself to introduce Barr before he offers an apology in order to take it seriously.

The Good Doctor
09-10-2008, 07:29 PM
+ infinity. :mad:

Who cares screw him, he is a tool !!

revolutionary8
09-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Just in case you guys weren't aware, the petition has been created: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/RemoveBobBar/index.html

Great job amy and all. Thank you. :)

hard@work
09-10-2008, 07:42 PM
/signed

Let the man apologize and weigh him for his worth upon receipt. If he does not act on our frustration and does not realize the damage he has caused then he has already been written off.

Aratus
09-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Bradley in D.C --- you know i've said i will most likely will vote for Nader just to frustratingly
remind many of the local Democrats about what many people in Miami did when Al Gore lost
to Bush... you know that i like Mike Gravel, and even talked up his chances. to now hear that
Mike Gravel has had nice things to say about Sarah Palin does not surprise me... right now it
seems to me that Bob Barr has the sublety of a bull in a china shop. he decries his exclusion
from the debates yet when he can make a point about how NARROW the mass media normally is...
he takes a powder... he skips out. to wit he REALLY avoids going quite public with a demand for
a basic fairness and insted looks like his own private fantasy is to be part of a 3-way debate
whereupon his other two opponents become compulsive apoplectic stutterers upon hearing
his stances on the issues of the day. is he for real? what ego-trip is he on??? is there hope...?

acptulsa
09-11-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm not going to go begging to him for anything.

And if we have to in order for him to do the right thing, Bradley, then he isn't the right man for the job he's seeking.

Right?

SWATH
09-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Whereas you are a giant douche

Be it resolved that you can go fuck your yourself.

acptulsa
09-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Whereas you are a giant douche

Be it resolved that you can go fuck your yourself.

Who on Earth are you talking to? If I may ask...

SWATH
09-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Who on Earth are you talking to? If I may ask...

it's a resolution that needs to be submitted to the Bob Barr resolutions committee for approval:D

acptulsa
09-11-2008, 09:04 AM
it's a resolution that needs to be submitted to the Bob Barr resolutions committee:D

Ah. :D :D