PDA

View Full Version : What the hell just happened today?

voytechs
09-10-2008, 01:49 PM
RP holds a major press conference that gets lots of MSM attention. Lots of major MSM is there. All the 3rd party candidates were invited and Barr disses the conference last minute without RP knowing about it.

He apparently sent a list of grievances to RP why he is not coming, etc, etc...

At the same time Barr sends a letter asking RP to be his veep.

Does this add up for anyone?

We have confirmations of Don's first hand report of the extra-ordinary events at Barr's conference. We know from YouTube video RP was expecting Barr to show up until the end, he was not aware of his cancellation and probably of any grievances.

Why would Barr even schedule a conference that day to say nothing, is beyond me. Any references to RP's conference have been removed from Barr's event schedule.

I've setup a poll, to gauge what everyone is thinking about this. This is bizzarro world here. Second time I've been in twilight zone in the past 7 days.

frasu
09-10-2008, 01:56 PM
indeed a weird turn of events. The call for more access to debates felt like a good move, pro 3rd party. Bob Barr's move to cancel has no logic to me, but the matter gets overblown. And to cap all, attacks against Dr Paul?

what a day!:confused:

voytechs
09-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Looks like we're pretty evenly divided so far between "it was a messup" and "Barr is a traitor".

voytechs
09-10-2008, 06:29 PM
**bump for the evening crowd**

evilfunnystuff
09-10-2008, 09:45 PM
just speculation but barr just may b the nwo groomed inside man in the leading 3rd party

pinkmandy
09-10-2008, 09:50 PM
just speculation but barr just may b the nwo groomed inside man in the leading 3rd party

No, he just plays one on tv. :D

mudhoney
09-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Obviously the libertarian party is corrupt and is just the GOP in disguise. Ron Paul even fell for it telling Barr he should run for the nomination. Don't trust the positions on Barr's website or what he says in interviews. We all know deep in our hearts that he's a fraud motivated by the massive political gain he can receive from being the Libertarian Party nominee for president.

LibertyInJeopardy
09-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Egos stood in the way of something larger than the men involved, but the mistake of these egos will be shown to be irrelevant if the revolution pushes forward with Dr. Paul's plan for third party debates.

lasenorita
09-10-2008, 11:33 PM
To be honest, I wasn't seriously considering Bob Barr anyways. But whatever positive interest and enthusiasm I might have entertained about the LP has greatly diminished. (It didn't help that I came across such vitriolic hatred directed towards Ron Paul by an overly passionate Libertarian supporter of Barr, but that's another story.)

Instead of focusing on the LP candidate (six threads about him is overkill -- especially on RPF Grassroots Central), why not discuss how to move forward with our new goal of having a more democratic election? Obama or McCain are going to win this year's election (unless there's some sort of miracle), but we can make it so that we will no longer have to vote for the lesser of two evils every four years. Let's do our best to be able to vote for the lesser of three, six, [enter random number here] evils instead! :D

Pauls' Revere
09-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Looks like we're pretty evenly divided so far between "it was a messup" and "Barr is a traitor".

Adds up: Barr's a dweeb. Thought the LP was better than this. :(

Madison
09-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Bob Barr is a shill.

He also ate cheese made from Borat's wife's teet: http://www.chbn.com/Clip.aspx?key=8BF2D6BFC8CACD0C

DFF
09-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Whatever Barr's intentions, he lost my vote.

Nader 08'!

SLSteven
09-11-2008, 09:01 AM
1. The McCain campaign called Ron Paul for the first time this election cycle to ask for his endorsement
2. Ron Paul declined
3. Barr skipped out of the press conference he had agreed to attend

Is this the sequence of events?

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
09-11-2008, 10:01 AM
The LP had a lapse of reason when Barr was selected. A lot of the current issues stem from that.

Just imagine how different things would be had someone else been nominated. Ron Paul supporters wanted someone to rally around but with someone like Barr that will only happen begrudgingly at best.

It looks to me as though the LP wants to pin their failures on Ron Paul. Ron Paul set up the LP to have amazing results this election and the LP dropped the ball with Barr/Root.

LP/Barr: It's Ron Paul's fault!

The numerous insults and blame being directed at Ron Paul by Barr/LP grow more sickening each time they do it.

~~~~~~~

Question: Does Barr/Root/Barr-Campaign ever insult anyone *besides* Ron Paul?

It seems as though Barr and company reserve their insults for only Ron Paul every time.

If they are going to insult politicians, how about insulting someone besides Ron Paul for a change?

You'd think Ron Paul would be at the very bottom of their list(s) instead of the apparent top.

Mopsus
09-11-2008, 10:11 AM
4 out of 5 dentists think Barr is a jackass any way you cut it.

Knightskye
09-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Miscommunications. Benton definitely had something to do with it.