PDA

View Full Version : A big name we should be able to get on our side -- Mark Cuban

csen
09-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Check out his latest blog post:

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2007/09/03/politics/

"So if you want my vote in 2008, don't tell me what you are going to add, tell me what you are going to remove. Tell me how you are going to simplify the government. That's how you get my vote."

Mark is a well-known libertarian leaner who considers Ayn Rand a big influence of his growing up.

Michael Ingram
09-03-2007, 05:43 PM
So far all the comments are about Ron Paul, that's great, hopefully he donates like 5 million bucks

csen
09-03-2007, 05:45 PM
So far all the comments are about Ron Paul, that's great, hopefully he donates like 5 million bucks

He can only contribute $2300 like the rest of us, but unlike all of us he has a platform via his blog, HDNet (his channel), and his other media interests to actually spread the word via old media.

Michael Ingram
09-03-2007, 05:46 PM
He can only contribute $2300 like the rest of us, but unlike all of us he has a platform via his blog, HDNet (his channel), and his other media interests to actually spread the word via old media.

Awesome, I have HDNet, it's a great channel :D

Green Mountain Boy
09-03-2007, 05:59 PM

Maybe he contribute $5,000 to 200 different Ron Paul PAC's. :D

TruePatriot44
09-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Couldn't he donate unlimited money to the meetup groups since they aren't official campaign resources?

jjschless
09-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Mark is on the Advisory Council for Unity08

http://www.unity08.com/about/advisorycouncil (http://www.unity08.com/about/advisorycouncil)

disinter
09-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Another is Ross Perot... who is Ross supporting?

FSP-Rebel
09-03-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm sure he has many ritzy friends that would follow his lead supporting RP. It would be nice to see Cuban introduce Dr. Paul at one of his basketball games.

Pedro TT
09-03-2007, 06:36 PM
I e-mailed cuban a few weeks back but got no response from him. I'm sure that if we flood his e-mail account he willdefinitely pay some attention.

themanhere
09-03-2007, 06:40 PM
His blog has turned into a Ron Paul love fest HAHAHA look at all the ron paul youtube videos.

I did the Gomavs << Nice touch? Well if he goes for ron paul ill stop rooting for the bulls and root for the mavs.

The Only Woj
09-03-2007, 06:49 PM
he could only donate the max 2300 like everyone else ... but it'd be cool to have him in a MeetUp group.

ChristopherJ
09-03-2007, 06:54 PM
The neocons REALLY hate Mark Cuban. I remember ORLY talking about him a few months back. Seems MC wanted to produce a mainstream version of Loose Change that was to be narated by Charlie Sheen. MC even went on his radio show and did an interview. Don't remember all the details, but it wasn't a freindly interview.

EvilEngineer
09-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Personally I like Mark Cuban, I've met him in person during a fund raising event for Junior Achievement. I would love to have him support Ron Paul.

Ron Paul Fan
09-03-2007, 07:12 PM
I posted over there as well and there are a lot of Ron Paul posts already. Maybe he's already heard of him being in Texas and all, but then he probably would have mentioned Paul in the blog. Does anyone know if Cuban is opposed to the Iraq war? I'm guessing so if he leans libertarian. If he is, then I think we can get his support pretty easily. There's no one else out there with a similar platform that has the popularity that Ron Paul does now. Cuban has a lot of money and can use his name to get the word out so he'd be a good asset to have.

jaybone
09-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Couldn't he donate unlimited money to the meetup groups since they aren't official campaign resources?

you may be on to something there....