PDA

View Full Version : EMAIL Your Questions to the Candidates: Fox News 9/5 Debate

Cowlesy
09-03-2007, 05:03 PM
debate@foxnews.com

I'd suggest picking a point about the Mexican Trucks rolling across our border with free access to the U.S., and how we can't even secure our border. Couple that with a point by pointing the question toward a candidate, and couple it with an instance they've been weak on immigration.

That - Or ask a question to Ron Paul that only he could provide an outstanding answer.

Brasil Branco
09-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Income Tax. That's a question where his answer resonates with everyone.

Cowlesy
09-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Senator Brownback: In the very near future, Mexican Trucks in a pilot program in conjunction with the Department of Transportation will have full access to United States roads. Given that you and your colleagues have failed to secure our border with Mexico, do you believe increased trilateral commercial integration is pertinent at this point in American History? Do you support this pilot program sponsored by the Department of Transportation?

born2drv
09-03-2007, 05:26 PM
debate@foxnews.com

I'd suggest picking a point about the Mexican Trucks rolling across our border with free access to the U.S., and how we can't even secure our border. Couple that with a point by pointing the question toward a candidate, and couple it with an instance they've been weak on immigration.

That - Or ask a question to Ron Paul that only he could provide an outstanding answer.

This is the question I sent them:
-------------
It’s clear to me that our monetary system is crashing. We’re printing more money then we could ever afford to pay back. Foreign nations holding our debt have more and more influence on our economy, some even threatening us they will crash our currency if we don't bow to their will. Also as our currency continues to be devalued, more countries are choosing to do trade in currencies other then our own, thus dumping our dollar. As time goes on and Americans are faced with an insurmountable debt which is backed by nothing other then future taxes that will be levied against us, how can we possibly expect to maintain the quality of life we’ve been accustomed to in the future?
-------------

I hope that's not too long ;)

Michael Ingram
09-03-2007, 05:28 PM
I asked about the FIT and the NAU

devil21
09-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Here my question:

"Congressman Paul,
It has been stated that you wish to abolish numerous federal agencies such as the Department of Education and the Department of Energy. First, can you please elaborate on why you feel agencies like these should be abolished and second, what do you propose to take their place?"

I hope that it gives Dr. Paul an opportunity to explain the wastefulness of these federal agencies and restate that the Constitution does not grant these powers. I also hope that the second part will allow him to basically say he wont replace them and will leave such issues to the state's to govern as the Constitution intended.

TruePatriot44
09-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Here is mine:

During the May 15th Republican debate in South Carolina aired on Fox News, Rudy Giuliani and Ron Paul debated in limited time why we were attack on 9/11. I would like to hear more from both of these candidates, along with the rest of the field on why the terrorists are attacking us. Is it because they hate our society and freedoms or do they attack us over our foreign policy.

njandrewg
09-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Congressman Paul,
Illegal immigration is a big problem in this country. Millions of illegals cross the border every year, and it seems that we are doing nothing to stop them. What is your plan to secure our borders and to fix the illegal immigration in this country?

njandrewg
09-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Mr. Giuliani:

The Iraq war is going to decide the 2008 election. According to the latest poll, 69% of adults disapprove our continuing presence in Iraq. If you are nominated as a republican candidate: How do you plan to win the general election when 69% of voters categorically opposes our continuing involvement in Iraq?

No way will they ask this question..but whatever:P

Qiu
09-03-2007, 06:20 PM
I think the obvious question that will never be asked is one demanding Giuliani to defend his response to Paul's foreign policy answer back in May.

The media really has to call out Giuliani on his "they hate us for our freedom" answer. I was simply disgusted at how the 4th estate that night failed to perform its factchecking duties and instead had commentators who actually pretended Giuliani was right.

r3volution
09-03-2007, 06:25 PM

Phenom24
09-03-2007, 06:46 PM
How about something to the effect of:

"Mr. (insert whichever CFR member here),
Could you please explain in detail the Security and Prosperity Partnership, and whether or not you endorse the activities therein? Will the SPP expand or contract should you be elected?"

Another question: "How is our country going to pay for the Iraq War? Are we going to send the United Nations a bill for our services?"

And another: "Considering the recent events surrounding the failures of certain subprime lenders, what do you believe is government's role in these instances? Do you feel it is the government's role to "bailout" those involved?" (and if they say yes) "So in essence what you're saying is that middle class American tax dollars should bail out real estate speculators???!!!"

And yet another: "Mr. ____, would you say you agreed with the policies of Ronald Reagan?" (if yes) "Then under your administration, how would you handle the runaway growth in the size of our government and the corresponding borrowing of billions of dollars from foreign countries - in order for our economy to stay solvent?"

How about: "Mr. _____, considering the current trend in our country's populace towards pulling our troops out of the Middle East, and the fact that you voted for it, what chance do you honestly have of attracting enough votes to win the upcoming election?"

Hook
09-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Here is the one I just sent:

I, like many conservatives, have been appalled at the lack of respect for the Constitution by the current administration, particularly the Bill of Rights. To assure us that you intend to respect your oath to "Uphold and defend the Constitution" and understand what it means, could each of the candidates name one unique right guaranteed by the Bill of Rights.

Alabama Supporter
09-03-2007, 07:05 PM
To Any Candidate:

We are currently borrowing billions of dollars from foreign countries
such as China to sustain the current foreign policy. How would your
administration balance our financial burdens with our security
commitments?

Mastiff
09-03-2007, 07:06 PM
debate@foxnews.com

Is there a link on Fox that points to this E-mail address? I'd like to have the context so I'm not just spamming them. I can't find anything.

r3volution
09-03-2007, 07:10 PM

Mastiff
09-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Here's what I sent:

A few questions, pick any (all questions to any/all candidates):

1) Traditionally, conservatives and the Republican Party, while being strong on defense, have opposed interventionist foreign policies. George W. Bush himself campaigned on his opposition to “nation building”. Yet somehow since 9/11 this has been completely reversed to the point that most Americans associate Republicans with both interventionism and nation building. Younger voters may not remember it any other way. Do you agree that the Republican Party has lost its way in this regard, and if you become president, what, if anything, will you do about it?

2) In response to the recent housing crisis, the Federal Reserve took action and lowered rates. Some observers considered this to be a bailout coming to the rescue of mismanaged investment firms and individuals who took on more debt than they could afford. Do you agree that this was a bailout, and in general do you think it’s the job of our central bank to protect individuals and businesses from their own mistakes? What, if anything, would you do to shield the Federal Reserve from short term political pressures?

3) Thinking back to the Clinton years, the Republicans were the ones opposing heavy handed tactics by the government, most notably by then attorney general Janet Reno. During the George W. Bush terms the Republican Party has gradually moved in the opposite direction, and now is associated with the Patriot Act, domestic spying, torture and much more. Do you believe that the Republican Party has taken a wrong turn? As president would you do anything to change course with respect to civil liberties issues?

4) True conservatives favor smaller government, yet over the last eight years, the government has continued to grow at an ever increasing rate. Please describe some very specific ways that you would significantly cut the scope and cost of the federal government.

5) The national debt is approximately 9 trillion dollars and growing. Will you promise today that if elected president you will veto any unbalanced budget?

Trying to keep them very mainstream, yet allow Paul the chance to shine (if he's allowed to talk).

Hook
09-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Here's what I sent:

Trying to keep them very mainstream, yet allow Paul the chance to shine (if he's allowed to talk).

Unfortunately, those aren't mainstream to the new Republican party. A more mainstream questions would be "Could you describe in as graphic detail as possible the process you would use to torture information out of a suspected terrorist. Your tools are: 1. A fork. 2. A 20 lb sledgehammer. 3. A chainsaw. 4. An arc welder with clamps. Thank you for keeping us safe"

michaelwise
09-03-2007, 08:52 PM
This is the question sent.

After You are Inaugurated as President of the United States, How long will take You to finish building the border fence, and secure our southern border?

catwoman
09-03-2007, 09:02 PM
"Dr. Paul, it seems our current President believes the constitution is just a "goddammed piece of paper" would you please explain why you feel following the constitution is so important?

Cowlesy
09-03-2007, 10:37 PM
I already sent in my question, could someone send this one in who also has yet to fire in a question?? It's a super box-in question for Mitt Romney--actually rolled out of bed to post it.

"Governor Romney, as the Founder and now former CEO of global private equity firm Bain Capital, your firm, yourself and your investors (including State Pension/Retirement Systems) reaped benefits from the lessening of trade restrictions and managed trade agreements (NAFTA/CAFTA) between nations as you deployed equity capital worldwide. Do you support the pilot program of Mexican Trucks having access to the United States given the fact the program could marginally increase the profits to your former investors by lowering transaction costs, but also quietly cause deterioration in National Sovereignty?"

michaelwise
09-03-2007, 10:57 PM
I already sent in my question, could someone send this one in who also has yet to fire in a question?? It's a super box-in question for Mitt Romney--actually rolled out of bed to post it.

"Governor Romney, as the Founder and now former CEO of global private equity firm Bain Capital, your firm, yourself and your investors (including State Pension/Retirement Systems) reaped benefits from the lessening of trade restrictions and managed trade agreements (NAFTA/CAFTA) between nations as you deployed equity capital worldwide. Do you support the pilot program of Mexican Trucks having access to the United States given the fact the program could marginally increase the profits to your former investors by lowering transaction costs, but also quietly cause deterioration in National Sovereignty?"
Since you got out of bed to post this most insightful question, I will simplify it somewhat.

Willard Romney, Do you know you are quietly causing deterioration in National Sovereignty, by your hedge fund investments?

Hook
09-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Unfortunately, those aren't mainstream to the new Republican party. A more mainstream questions would be "Could you describe in as graphic detail as possible the process you would use to torture information out of a suspected terrorist. Your tools are: 1. A fork. 2. A 20 lb sledgehammer. 3. A chainsaw. 4. An arc welder with clamps. Thank you for keeping us safe"

Should I actually send this in? They probably would think it was a great question :)

AlexAmore
09-04-2007, 12:38 AM
"Mitt Romney, why did you strap a goddamn dog on the top of your goddamn car? Thanks."

Seriously though I would like to ask Giuliani and Romney how many Articles are in the Constitution.

devil21
09-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Some 2nd amendment questions would be good since Im sure Dr. Paul knows the other candidates records and policy on it and would call them out as soon as they start lying.

amonasro
09-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Now that they know Paul is a certain threat, FOX will come up with some real spin zingers, like:

"Dr. Paul, you voted against funding for the War on Terror. Do you hate the military, and if so, to what extent do you hate them?"

"Dr. Paul, in the last debate you suggested Americans had a hand in 9/11. Why do you hate America, and furthermore, why do you continually vote for its destruction?"

"Dr. Paul, your voting record indicates clearly that you don't support the troops OR America AND you are full of hatred. Who do you hate more, the troops or America?"

And that's about all they'll have time to ask him :)

kylebrotherton
09-04-2007, 03:52 AM
Someone else can send this one in:

Mitt Romney: What was the original intent of the Second Amendment?