PDA

View Full Version : A message from Barr field director

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2008, 12:38 PM
This was posted in the comments on Bob Barr's website. It is a post from the field director of his campaign. The post is on his personal myspace page:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=316475225&blogID=431855381

Earlier today, Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) held a press conference in Washington, D.C. where he said…well, nothing...

He invited Libertarian Party Presidential nominee Bob Barr and independent Presidential candidate Ralph Nader along with the nominees of two small, minor political parties to stand behind him as he encouraged Americans to vote for anyone other than Sens. Barak Obama and John McCain.

Ron Paul wasted the press corps' time with this press conference. It accomplished nothing and displayed a complete lack of leadership on Paul's part.

Of the four invitees, only Bob Barr had the sense to skip the event. He held his own press conference, also in Washington, D.C., later in the day.

Among the things in Ron Paul's statement was a reference to the "principled non-voter", claiming they are sending a message and should start a "League of Non Voters" to impact the nation and government.

So, in other words, Paul stated that people should not vote for Obama or McCain and should vote for a third party nominee…unless they really don't want to.

Allow me to set the good Doctor straight: "principled non voters" count the same, and have the same impact on America, as lazy, apathetic citizens who simply do not care enough to get involved and vote. There is no difference between the wannabe political philosopher who refuses to cast a vote "out of principle" and the lazy citizen who chooses to remain ignorant of the issues, the candidates and his or her government.

Keep in mind that some of Paul's followers have placed his name on the Presidential ballot in two states (Louisiana and Montana). Paul could have kept his name off the ballot in those states by simply requesting that he not be listed as a candidate in the general election, but in an effort in ego, he chose to allow his name to go on the ballot in direct competition with the other candidates he claims to encourage people to consider voting for.

Ron Paul has, again, blown a tremendous opportunity to lead and advance the agenda of the Constitution, and individual liberty. Since he launched his Presidential Exploratory Committee almost two years ago, Ron Paul has repeatedly said this campaign is not about the man (him) but about the message (liberty and the Constitution).

Really, Dr. Paul? Your actions belie your words.

If he were truly serious about this being "about the message" and not the man, he would be making sure that the message is resonating far and wide through and during the Presidential campaign.

The Libertarian Party begged him to accept its nomination and continue his campaign through Election Day. He declined.

The Libertarian Party then nominated the only credible pro-freedom candidate in the Presidential race, former Congressman Bob Barr, but Paul refused to support him, saying he is working for freedom within the Republican Party.

Backing Barr would have taken courage on Paul's part. Instead, today he took a cop-out course of action by encouraging a nondescript "vote third party" message that would water down the impact of the freedom vote. If Americans are serious about sending a message that demands the restoration of our civil liberties, an end to the war in Iraq, a foreign policy that makes sense and solid, realistic economic policies then there is only one option to vote for on November 4th – Bob Barr.

Ron Paul knows that. Instead, he encouraged watering down the vote while maximizing his marketing base for the Campaign for Liberty, his book sales, etc.

After Rep. Paul collected millions in donations from Libertarians, independents and Republicans during his campaign, he has since:

1) Sold his followers a book

2) Had people travel to (or donate to) a march on Washington D.C. that ultimately proved to be too small to even get noticed, much less have any sort of impact

3) Launched the "Campaign for Liberty" and hit up his followers, again, for donations to this organization that has made no noticeable effort to support liberty-minded candidates

4) Sold thousands of tickets to the "Rally for the Republic" in Minnesota, where he then sold t-shirts, more books, vendor booth space, advertising in the programs and a host of other things.

Ron Paul is now in the Ron Paul business – and business is lucrative.

As painful as it is to state the obvious: this campaign by the man is no longer about the message, it is about the money – lots of it. Other than in his pocket and in the pocket of his paid staff, where is all the money going?

No one seems to know for sure.

In a time of economic recession, Paul has found a way to keep going back to the financial well of his followers, creating yet another challenge for candidates who are still running for office at all levels and are unable to raise the funds needed to effectively spread the message of liberty and the Constitution.

I was among the first to donate to Dr. Paul's Exploratory committee and I also donated to his Presidential campaign. Once he dropped out of the race, though, I did the responsible thing and got behind the only remaining credible candidate, Bob Barr, who is capable of injecting the message Ron Paul claims to want to spread through Election Day and beyond.

America still needs to hear that message and only Bob Barr is capable of taking the message further down the field. Unfortunately, it is obvious that Ron Paul is more interested in making money off the message than helping spread it through someone else. Maybe he is worried that Bob Barr will publish a book and compete for customers.

Thousands of Americans rushed to join Ron Paul's campaign, myself included. For us, it has always been about the message. We were thrilled to have someone serve as spokesman for the cause of liberty and back a candidate who could leverage his position as a major-party candidate to spread our message to millions through the campaign.

That is why we donated millions of dollars collectively.

Since ending his Presidential campaign, though, Ron Paul has gone from being the hope for America to being a major obstacle to the message of freedom and the Constitution.

By contrast, Bob Barr showed that he is not just talking about and rallying for the message of freedom, he is doing something about the need to put liberty and Constitutional issues front and center in the Presidential campaign.

The Barr campaign continues to pick up steam in the national media and in the polls. People are listening and we cannot miss this opportunity to maximize our reach. The message is still getting out – because of Bob Barr.

Dr. Paul, where is the leadership from you? We certainly did not see any today in Washington, D.C.

Do Paul's loyal followers, I ask one simple question: Are you serious about continuing to spread the message of Liberty for America?

If so, prove it. Go to www.bobbarr2008.com and sign up for our email updates. Then, look for a MeetUp group in your area – if there isn't one already, start one. Also, make a donation to the campaign. In any event, get involved in the Barr campaign because this campaign is actually about the message.

Talk about stabbing a friend in the back. I would now vote ANYONE over Barr.

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Oooohh....fight, fight, fight, fight!!!

Ron Paul v. Bob Barr. On the house floor. After recess.

Jeremy
09-10-2008, 12:39 PM
never heard of him

Kotin
09-10-2008, 12:40 PM
This was posted in the comments on Bob Barr's website. It is a post from the field director of his campaign. The post is on his personal myspace page:

Talk about stabbing a friend in the back. I would now vote ANYONE over Barr.

what a fucking douchebag

CasualApathy
09-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Suck on that Barr trolls.

This is the end of Bob Barr.

Dorfsmith
09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
WOW :eek:

azamalech
Wow. Respect for Barr going down...and down...

Anyone know if Chuck Baldwin is on the Virginia ballot? I heard Ron Paul/Mike Bloomberg (weirdest ticket ever) might be there because some group got enough signatures, that would be a good vote...

Jeremy
Suck on that Barr trolls.

This is the end of Bob Barr.

because some nobody posted on myspace? lol :D

Bradley in DC
Barr is getting some bad advice. :(

aravoth
09-10-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm going to spend the next few months making video's about how fucking stupid Bob fucking Barr and the entire libertarian party is.

gls
09-10-2008, 12:43 PM

Anyone know if Chuck Baldwin is on the Virginia ballot? I heard Ron Paul/Mike Bloomberg (weirdest ticket ever) might be there because some group got enough signatures, that would be a good vote...

Baldwin is on the VA ballot. The party that was going to do Bloomberg/Paul decided to keep their promise to the CP and put Baldwin/Castle on instead.

aravoth
09-10-2008, 12:44 PM

Whatsa matter now Brad? Maybe you could organize a letter campaign, or talk about how fucked up his campaign is being run. It did wonders for Paul.

Hurricane Bruiser
Who is Bob Barr? Never heard of him.

amy31416

Whoever's advising him is taking down the LP with Barr.

UtahApocalypse
because some nobody posted on myspace? lol :D

A nobody huh....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=316475225

"Currently, Mike is the National Field Director for the Bob Barr Presidential campaign."

Sandra
It was posted by SOME GUY on MYSPACE! Put it in perspective.

steph3n
09-10-2008, 12:45 PM
someone just got BARRED from the whitehouse forever, and that is Barr.

hopeforamerica
09-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me. He just lost many, many votes today.

specsaregood
Baldwin is on the VA ballot. The party that was going to do Bloomberg/Paul decided to keep their promise to the CP and put Baldwin/Castle on instead.

And for info on other states:
http://www.constitutionparty.com/ba_stats.php

nate895
I have to say, I half agree with him. I still think Ron Paul is a principled man, with integrity no one can attack. However, and I believe it is because he is getting up there in years, not because of any lack of guts on his part, he simply doesn't have the will to actually get up and do something. He and everyone else knows that he was the only hope of a really strong third party showing in the General Election, and he simply either doesn't have the energy to run or doesn't have the guts to (and I tend to think the former).

Indy Vidual
Bad Bob Barr is a Bum.

BigFatRock
"National Field Director" is not just "some guy."

Anyone want to nominate this for "fastest imploding campaign ever"?

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 12:47 PM
"National Field Director" is not just "some guy."

Anyone want to nominate this for "fastest imploding campaign ever"?

I would, but that option isn't on the PA ballot :(

steph3n
I have to say, I half agree with him. I still think Ron Paul is a principled man, with integrity no one can attack. However, and I believe it is because he is getting up there in years, not because of any lack of guts on his part, he simply doesn't have the will to actually get up and do something. He and everyone else knows that he was the only hope of a really strong third party showing in the General Election, and he simply either doesn't have the energy to run or doesn't have the guts to (and I tend to think the former).

being a campaigner is draining to say the least.

hopeforamerica
It was posted by SOME GUY on MYSPACE! Put it in perspective.

That "some guy" is a field director for Barr according to the OP.

Jeremy
You don't trust anything until it comes out of Bob's mouth is the point though. Don't be a hypocrite. If someone from RP's campaign made a dick move like this, we'd be mad at the individual. Which HAS happened before.

Sandra

Is he THE field director? Or someone that considers himself a field director? There's been a lot of self promotion of fabled "officials" in all these campaigns.

EotS
09-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I smell a rat guys. If you click to make a comment, it'll send you to a "not a real myspace page" error.

Kade
09-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Buh Bye Candy Barr.

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 12:49 PM
I smell a rat guys. If you click to make a comment, it'll send you to a "not a real myspace page" error.

o rly?

I hate being stuck at work! damn you, firewall! :mad:

jemartinsen81
09-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Pretty decent article -- I largely agree with it. I sincerely doubt it will "implode Barr's campaign" just because it offends a few of the people here. Get over yourselves. ;)

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Buh Bye Candy Barr.

*groan*

:D

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 12:51 PM
You don't trust anything until it comes out of Bob's mouth is the point though. Don't be a hypocrite. If someone from RP's campaign made a dick move like this, we'd be mad at the individual. Which HAS happened before.

The real problem is...Barr didn't show up. We don't need anything from his mouth.

tropicangela
09-10-2008, 12:52 PM

When I clicked comment, it took me to www.myspace.com and asked me to log in, but I didn't.

Magicman
Hmm...This really makes me wonder in life when we make certain choices at which direction does our own perception and prejudices become our own worst enemy?

Is this possible this whole thing could be the misunderstanding between individuals which in politics becomes a monster this easily?

I'm hesitant to cast judgement as I can see an error of perception could easily cause this type of rhetoric.

Dorfsmith
When I clicked comment, it took me to www.myspace.com and asked me to log in, but I didn't.

Same here.

brandon
Can it be anymore obvious what Barr's true intentions are?

It's time for a lot of people around here to start eating crow.

acptulsa
Bob Barr didn't show. Who knows if this is it, or misdirection? But in the end, Barr didn't show.

He can throw hissies over the fact that Ron Paul won't give him an unqualified, solo recommendation all day. Doesn't help. What Ron Paul was doing was obviously an attempt to convince people of all stripes that the Demopublican Party does not represent them. Simple, no? Well, why would he sabotage that?

And if this guy is official in the campaign, he needs to be muzzled (or, it being too late, fired) for a pile of unsubstantiated charges of profiteering and corruption. Dr. Paul the traitor to our cause? Hmmm... Seems there's plenty of that to go 'round.

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2008, 12:53 PM
The real problem is...Barr didn't show up. We don't need anything from his mouth.

Great Point. Im not saying that this was Barr's statement. It just adds some perspective to the events of this morning. Last I checked many of us were about getting ALL the information not just listening to one persons statement.

dr. hfn
09-10-2008, 12:53 PM
I can't believe this. What the hell is this shit about! Bob Barr just lost my vote, unless he reconciles with Dr. Paul etc... What a piece of crap!

Pete
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM

+1

Apparently, Barr said very positive things about RP at his press conference and affirmed the four planks agreed to with the other 3rd party candidates. I don't think he is an enemy of RP's but this field director dick sure is.

RP's event would have had much more shock value if Barr had showed and he'd not had his nothingburger press conference today. The message was our corrupt political system, not who's friends with who. I don't think it was Barr's idea not to go. Someone talked him out of it, else why would he go back on his word at the last minute?

Still doesn't speak well of Barr's decision-making ability.

notsure
09-10-2008, 12:55 PM
http://www.mikefergusononline.com/comments.php

Sandra
09-10-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm beginning to smell Richard Viguerie in some of these posts.

H Roark
09-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Since ending his Presidential campaign, though, Ron Paul has gone from being the hope for America to being a major obstacle to the message of freedom and the Constitution.

WHAT!? :eek: This guy Mike Ferguson looks like an Arby's eating douche. Reading that just makes me want to Bob Barf!

Kade
Can it be anymore obvious what Barr's true intentions are?

It's time for a lot of people around here to start eating crow.

Power. His life story, his actions, and his positions, detail what he wants more than anything else. He is an opportunist. I've said nothing different from day one.

Eating crow. I love it.

freelance
Fine. Another "my way or the byway" AUTHORITARIAN candidate. So long...

wizardwatson
09-10-2008, 12:57 PM
The LP could have thrown their full support behind RP earlier during the primaries with an endorsement of RP to show unity. Now they want to chastise RP for keeping his word and paint him as an opportunity squanderer. How quickly we forget.

RonPaulVolunteer
The crazy thing is, I think this is Austin Petersen. Someone I have had a lot of email exchange with and was one of the most active Ron Paul supporters in the entire nation, working out of the NYC meetup. If this WAS written by him, I would be shocked. I emailed him a few hours ago. We'll see what he has to say I guess.

SnappleLlama
I wonder if Ron Paul himself will make a public statement about Bob Barr's no-show?

filmgeek

I just logged into myspace, then pasted the address and, unfortunately, it is a real myspace page.

Carole
09-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Oooohh....fight, fight, fight, fight!!!

Ron Paul v. Bob Barr. On the house floor. After recess.

Barr is no longer on the house floor. Oops! :D

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Barr is no longer on the house floor. Oops! :D

Yeah, I know! I'd still pay to see it happen, though!

nullvalu
09-10-2008, 01:04 PM
he simply doesn't have the will to actually get up and do something. He and everyone else knows that he was the only hope of a really strong third party showing in the General Election, and he simply either doesn't have the energy to run or doesn't have the guts to (and I tend to think the former).

What kind of blasphemy is this?? He doesn't have the energy? PLEASE the man just spent the past year on the campaign trail and survived!.. the man has more energy than 20 20-year-olds!

And to say he doesn't have the guts?? Are you kidding me? This man stands up to GLOBALIST ELITES, some of the most powerful people in the world, and you're saying he doesn't have the guts to "do something"??

What is it that you wanted him to do!??

and one more question........

What the F*** have you done??

TruthisTreason
09-10-2008, 01:05 PM
This guy should be working for Chuck Baldwin. :D:D He just landing Chuck a lot of votes!

nate895
09-10-2008, 01:08 PM
What kind of blasphemy is this?? He doesn't have the energy? PLEASE the man just spent the past year on the campaign trail and survived!.. the man has more energy than 20 20-year-olds!

And to say he doesn't have the guts?? Are you kidding me? This man stands up to GLOBALIST ELITES, some of the most powerful people in the world, and you're saying he doesn't have the guts to "do something"??

What is it that you wanted him to do!??

and one more question........

What the F*** have you done??

I said that it was one of the two, and it was probably that he was out of energy. I don't blame him for that, I only regret that this campaign didn't happen in 2000 or 2004, when he was younger and could have been more active.

What am I doing? I have been volunteering since a few weeks after I came to support Paul in November of last year. I am now trying to form a third party that can unite many of the misfits that are currently Independent or members of one of the failed and tarnished third parties.

Shotdown1027
09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Agreed. Anyone who is pissed at Baldwin should notice that Baldwin WAS there,and will be on Lou Dobbs tonight.

nullvalu
09-10-2008, 01:13 PM
I said that it was one of the two, and it was probably that he was out of energy. I don't blame him for that, I only regret that this campaign didn't happen in 2000 or 2004, when he was younger and could have been more active.

What am I doing? I have been volunteering since a few weeks after I came to support Paul in November of last year. I am now trying to form a third party that can unite many of the misfits that are currently Independent or members of one of the failed and tarnished third parties.

edit: ah i may have read it wrong and thought you were imply he didn't have the guts. though, i dont know why you would suggest such a thing.

and.....good luck with your 3rd party. it wont unite anyone, just cause further divisions.

Mini-Me
09-10-2008, 01:14 PM
This National Field Director asshole needs to remember something: He's talking shit about Paul and his press conference when, up until this morning, Bob Barr had actually committed to GO to this press conference. Now that Barr has gone back on his word and bailed with very little warning, his National Field Director is railing against the press conference as if Barr was always vocally opposed to it (rather than blatantly standing Paul up) - and on top of that, he's using it as an opportunity to make personal insults against Paul and insinuations of greed!

It looks to me like Bob Barr followed some horrible advice, went back on his word and stood Paul up, and then noticed the backlash - and so his National Field Director is brashly trying to "save face" for Barr through an extremely ill-advised unprovoked attack on Paul. That's really beyond the pail. If Barr actually agrees with this guy and/or sanctioned this attack, then he can seriously go to hell. I've never really trusted Barr, but I've been liking what he's been saying recently...until today. He has some serious explaining and asskissing to do at this point.

amy31416
09-10-2008, 01:17 PM

I think that you may have missed another option in your post: It's not about whether he has the guts or the energy, he has both. He also has a responsibility to his district in the house.

We know he won't win, even if he ran with Barr, and he has a duty to fulfill his obligation as Congressman of the 14th district. If he keeps playing around with this presidential run stuff, it takes away from that. In my opinion, he's trying to balance the revolution he started with his house duties. I commend him for that.

nate895
09-10-2008, 01:18 PM
You said it was one of the two, probably the former, implying he didn't have the guts.

and.....good luck with your 3rd party. it wont unite anyone, just cause further divisions.

Former means the first one.

MGreen
09-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Arguing that your candidate is showing leadership is one thing. Labeling Ron Paul a swindler, and all of his supporters as suckers, is probably the dumbest political move imaginable. I have no idea what's going on in this guy's head.

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm going to spend the next few months making video's about how fucking stupid Bob fucking Barr and the entire libertarian party is.

please do ,let me know so i can spread far and wide, barr is finished, never trusted the bastard when he had my vote,now he doesn't exist anymore .. never trust barr or the lp again both are an embarrassment to our movement!!!!

EotS
09-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I just logged into myspace, then pasted the address and, unfortunately, it is a real myspace page.

Huh - I'll be damned...

I don't use myspace, or have a login to it at all - so it looked suspicious to me. And I did cite the "error" incorrectly.

But I did just follow his homepage link to his blog, and found it - so it is for real.

What a bastard.

Mini-Me
09-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Arguing that your candidate is showing leadership is one thing. Labeling Ron Paul a swindler, and all of his supporters as suckers, is probably the dumbest political move imaginable. I have no idea what's going on in this guy's head.

Either he's a belligerent loose-cannon who should have been put on a leash, or his move was entirely intentional and possibly premeditated. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turns out he was the same advisor who convinced Barr to back out this morning...if so, he's probably on somebody else's payroll (other than just Barr's) and in place to cause division in our movement and simultaneously tank Barr. If he's not the guy who convinced Barr to back out, it's also possible that Barr has orchestrated these stunts himself to cause division in our movement (or he has several bad/corrupt advisors). Time will tell...

itshappening
09-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Either he's a belligerent loose-cannon who should have been put on a leash, or his move was entirely intentional and possibly premeditated. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turns out he was the same advisor who convinced Barr to back out this morning...if so, he's probably on somebody else's payroll (other than just Barr's) and in place to cause division in our movement and simultaneously tank Barr. If he's not the guy who convinced Barr to back out, it's also possible that Barr has orchestrated these stunts himself to cause division in our movement (or he has several bad/corrupt advisors). Time will tell...

agree with this, it has all the hallmarks of internal sabotage, by the way, Ron Paul's campaign wasn't immune from such people.

Menthol Patch
09-10-2008, 01:30 PM
It now is obvious that not only Bob Barr is a neocon but his directors are neocons too.

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2008, 01:31 PM

It had to be pre-canned. think about it. that was quite a long post and was posted very quickly after the events of this morning.

LibertyEagle
09-10-2008, 01:33 PM
never heard of him

lol. I'm with you on that, storm.

Drknows
09-10-2008, 01:34 PM

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Shows that it was posted at "9:35 AM" was that not before the press conference even started??? I think this stinks of a set-up big time. the question now was Barr a part of it or a pawn??

freelance
09-10-2008, 01:37 PM
This National Field Director asshole needs to remember something: He's talking shit about Paul and his press conference when, up until this morning, Bob Barr had actually committed to GO to this press conference. Now that Barr has gone back on his word and bailed with very little warning, his National Field Director is railing against the press conference as if Barr was always vocally opposed to it (rather than blatantly standing Paul up) - and on top of that, he's using it as an opportunity to make personal insults against Paul and insinuations of greed!

It looks to me like Bob Barr followed some horrible advice, went back on his word and stood Paul up, and then noticed the backlash - and so his National Field Director is brashly trying to "save face" for Barr through an extremely ill-advised unprovoked attack on Paul. That's really beyond the pail. If Barr actually agrees with this guy and/or sanctioned this attack, then he can seriously go to hell. I've never really trusted Barr, but I've been liking what he's been saying recently...until today. He has some serious explaining and asskissing to do at this point.

He could start with an apology on ALL of the prime time cable shows, an apology in the NYT and WaPo.

Mini-Me
09-10-2008, 01:40 PM
He could start with an apology on ALL of the prime time cable shows, an apology in the NYT and WaPo.

I agree...
How Bob Barr handles this fiasco now will determine whether he was sabotaged or complicit. (Unless he really does just have complete idiots working for him...)

acptulsa
09-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Just out of curiosity, where is TONES today? :D

RP4EVER
09-10-2008, 01:43 PM

Yes Baldwin is on the VA Ballot

Mini-Me
09-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, where is TONES today? :D

Obsessively signing his name somewhere else maybe...;)
Seriously though, it'd be interesting to hear his take on this, given how emotionally invested he is (or was?) in Barr.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Labeling Ron Paul a swindler, and all of his supporters as suckers, is probably the dumbest political move imaginable. I have no idea what's going on in this guy's head.

Maybe Barr's people have been reading HERE. lol.

I mean, come on. A whole shitload of RPFs members have come damn close to calling Ron a swindler themselves. They got agitated by certain posters whose lives were dedicated to repeating that lie over and over and over.

Some here fell for it.

It caused much dissention.

Now, they're taking that same drumbeat national.

Good job and kudos to those who defended those anti-paul people. I'm sure y'all are real proud of your work today.

:mad:

nbhadja
09-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Notice how the Barr campaign guy did not actually say "abolish the Federal reserve"...very fishy........Barr himself never talks about the Fed either.

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-10-2008, 01:50 PM
I have rarely read anything so venemous, deceitful, and downright repulsive.

The Libertarian Party is an ugly shell of its former self.

freelance
09-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Notice how the Barr campaign guy did not actually say "abolish the Federal reserve"...very fishy........Barr himself never talks about the Fed either.

That's because it's NOT ALLOWED.

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Now I'm mad! Barr and his advisers screwed up big time. Unless there's a major apology and some reconciliation with the good Doctor, I cannot vote Barr. I will choose between Ralph Nader and Chuck Baldwin.

Amazing, just to think that a week ago I was energized from the rally and ready to whole-heartedly cast a vote for Barr as a way to send a message.

Falseflagop
09-10-2008, 01:59 PM
He is right RP has made a sh-tload of money but he forgot to mention he spent a ton of money in St. Paul on convention millions I believe.

Barr is a neo-con

Rangeley
09-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Wow, this is some pretty disgusting stuff...

hopeforamerica
09-10-2008, 02:16 PM
I love this point by point that was posted:

Field Director's statement, examined
On September 10th, 2008 fanofwalt says:

...along with the nominees of two small, minor political parties...

As opposed to the big, meaty, presidential-office-winning, mainstream majority Libertarian Party?

Of the four invitees, only Bob Barr had the sense to skip the event. He held his own press conference, also in Washington, D.C., later in the day.

...without bothering to give advance notice, or even inform Paul at all, that Barr was bailing on the 10am press conference. Mr. Integrity!

Ron Paul has, again, blown a tremendous opportunity to lead and advance the agenda of the Constitution, and individual liberty.

Here, try this:

BOB BARR has, again, blown a tremendous opportunity to lead and advance the agenda of the Constitution, and individual liberty.

FTFY.

If he were truly serious about this being "about the message" and not the man, he would be making sure that the message is resonating far and wide through and during the Presidential campaign.

Once again, just replace "he" with "Bob Barr."

...in an effort in ego, [Paul] chose to allow his name to go on the ballot in direct competition with the other candidates he claims to encourage people to consider voting for.

Bob Barr's staff is preaching about Paul's ego trip??????

The Libertarian Party then nominated the only credible pro-freedom candidate in the Presidential race, former Congressman Bob Barr...

Can't...type...laughing...too...hard!!!!... * snort!! * chortle!! *

...today [Paul] took a cop-out course of action by encouraging a nondescript "vote third party" message that would water down the impact of the freedom vote.

In other words, RP copped out by supporting third-party candidacy, when what he should have done is...support third-party candidacy. Helloooooo?

As painful as it is to state the obvious: this campaign by the man is no longer about the message...

Whereas Bob Barr's campaign is about...er...the man, Bob Barr.

America still needs to hear that message and only Bob Barr is capable of taking the message further down the field.

See above comment. It's all about Bob, the only person on God's green Earth who is capable of furthering the freedom message. All you patriots, go home -- Bob doesn't need you! Super Bob can do do it all on his own; why, he's the only one who can!

Since ending his Presidential campaign, though, Ron Paul has gone from being the hope for America to being a major obstacle to...

...Bob Barr's win for the Presidency.

The Barr campaign continues to pick up steam...

Today, that steam was from under the collars of patriots who are seething mad at Barr.

People are listening...

YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE WE ARE!!

In any event, get involved in the Barr campaign because this campaign is actually about the message.

Oh, we got Barr's message. Loud and clear.

Perry
09-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Is this guy really speaking for Bob Barr?
You know after hearing Ron Paul speak I was actually ready to change my vote and vote for Barr in the spirit of unity and getting things done. I thought that surely Barr was the third party candidate that stood the greatest chance of getting elected.
Now I tend to think the man is doing little more than playing the game for his own selfish means.

Rhys
09-10-2008, 02:18 PM
It's the mustache with all the power. Don't blame the man.

brandon
09-10-2008, 02:21 PM
I have been staunchly anti-barr since he announced his campaign.

The funny thing is, since I don't like any of the candidates running, I was really considering holding my nose and voting for Barr if this press conference went well today.

Needless to say, I won't be voting for Barr. I'll be campaigning against him just as if he were Obama or McCain.

Rhys
09-10-2008, 02:27 PM
He is right RP has made a sh-tload of money but he forgot to mention he spent a ton of money in St. Paul on convention millions I believe.

Barr is a neo-con

... nm misread. deleted statement

pinkmandy
09-10-2008, 02:31 PM

Woot! New Aravoth vids!!!!! :D

That blog is absolutely disgusting. HOW DARE HIM! Seriously. Who the hell is he to talk that kind of slanderish trash about Ron Paul? :mad: The whole Barr campaign can kiss my ass. :mad:

LibertyEagle
09-10-2008, 02:34 PM
bump

mmink15
09-10-2008, 02:54 PM
here's my response-line by line

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=154571

Gin
09-10-2008, 02:56 PM
What a freaking jerk... I never liked him anyway

idiom
09-10-2008, 03:11 PM
If anyone doubts Barr is backing this, go watch the Cavuto interview when it gets posted. Barr had RAW SEWAGE streaming out of his mouth.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2008, 03:18 PM
HOW DARE HIM! Seriously. Who the hell is he to talk that kind of slanderish trash about Ron Paul? :mad:

Too bad few here expressed much outrage when our own members were talking slanderous trash about Ron Paul...and if not outright saying it themselves then certainly supporting those who were saying it.

I guess for some here, they think it's okay if THEY trash talk Dr. Paul, but not okay if the other guys follow their lead and start doing the same.

constituent
09-10-2008, 03:23 PM

excellent.

constituent
09-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Too bad few here expressed much outrage when our own members were talking slanderous trash about Ron Paul...and if not outright saying it themselves then certainly supporting those who were saying it.

I guess for some here, they think it's okay if THEY trash talk Dr. Paul, but not okay if the other guys follow their lead and start doing the same.

oh goodness.

constituent
09-10-2008, 03:24 PM
...if only this chump would show up around here

tonesforjonesbones
09-10-2008, 03:32 PM
It seems as though the Libertarian Party is very good at sabatoging their own selves...I will now vote for Sarah Palin. I am done with the third party crap. I should have stayed in the GOP and worked to change it like RP said do. Lesson learned. Tones

devil21
09-10-2008, 03:32 PM
The blog has been removed. I logged into Myspace just now and it's gone. Well, either that or it never existed in the first place.

Rangeley
09-10-2008, 03:33 PM
It seems as though the Libertarian Party is very good at sabatoging their own selves...I will now vote for Sarah Palin. I am done with the third party crap. I should have stayed in the GOP and worked to change it like RP said do. Lesson learned. Tones
You can stay in the Republican party, without voting for McCain.

dannno
09-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Jesus fucking Christ, I just got home and find this bs. Do I have to vote Nader AGAIN!?!

This is the third time in a row.

I want Ron Paul.

pinkmandy
09-10-2008, 03:35 PM

Go for it. We need a Third Wave pentacostal on steroids running the country...nice. A leader who will chase all of the demons out of America. Sounds freedom loving to me. :rolleyes:

rockandrollsouls
09-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Agreed. Anyone who is pissed at Baldwin should notice that Baldwin WAS there,and will be on Lou Dobbs tonight.

Can you guys get the youtube for that? I won't be around tonight to catch it.

Unlike some people here who are "rabble rabble Barr BAD" and is do or die for one or the other I actually like to listen to both of them. So yes, I'd like to catch a youtube of that if someone grabs it.

armstrong
09-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Hmmm, wow,,,,,hmmm, wow go ralph Nadar I guess

armstrong
09-10-2008, 03:46 PM
again a does not matter choice....

hillertexas
09-10-2008, 03:49 PM
He took it off of his MySpace:

Wow...what a day. A blog that typically gets about 25 views per day received over 4,000 in a matter of hours.

The Bob Barr campaign has asked that I remove my blog posting from earlier today, so I have.

That post was written by me and reflected MY views - it was not intended to represent the Barr campaign.

So, feel free to continue to send the email replies, in support or in opposition.

Omphfullas Zamboni
09-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow...what a day. A blog that typically gets about 25 views per day received over 4,000 in a matter of hours.

All of whom were Barr supporters.

moostraks
09-10-2008, 04:03 PM
"Wow...what a day. A blog that typically gets about 25 views per day received over 4,000 in a matter of hours.

The Bob Barr campaign has asked that I remove my blog posting from earlier today, so I have.

That post was written by me and reflected MY views - it was not intended to represent the Barr campaign.

So, feel free to continue to send the email replies, in support or in opposition"

HAHA take that msm.I guess there are still a few of us left in rpf's despite their wishes to marginalize us. And to think that was midday in a matter of hours.LOL!!!!

Leadman584
09-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Holy Crap!

I've been actively campaigning for Bob Barr for some time now. Friends, family, acquaintances, and co-workers have turned away from the big 2. These have been hard fought philosophical encounters. Even my black friends have seen that Borack is no real change, and McCain is more of the same. Dr. Paul is only advocating that voters explore the issues with these 4 candidates, and make an informed choice.

Ralph Nader is a fine man, with an impeccable record of fighting for the little guy. Just too liberal for my taste.

Chuck Baldwin is a fine man, with a strong Constitutional understanding. Too religious an agenda for my taste.

Cynthia McKinney is a fine Lady, With the best of intentions, it would seem. She would be the perfect VP for Jesse Ventura

Bob Barr is the figurehead of the party that best represents most of us. His motives are understandable. Get 5% of the vote, get public funding the next go round. His concerns about voter dilution are reasonable. But when you attack Ron Paul, you can eat sh*t and die.