PDA

View Full Version : I feel out of place today... swarm of conspiracy theorists...

Jeremy
09-10-2008, 12:19 PM
"Bob Barr a plant," "Bob Barr, a neocon"

What?

Bob Barr, a neocon plant who embarrassed anti-Paul "conservatives" at CPAC? Who tried to get RP on the LP ticket in December? Who tried one more time for him to be VP nominee (yesterday)? Who spoke on Bush's impeachment and defended the Bill or Rights? Who slammed FISA supporters?

It's amazing, some people are desperate to attack. For example, how many times have people been annoyingly posting about how Ron Paul should still run third party. And then a minute later they will ask if he could run as VP with someone. So when Barr did that yesterday, the same people today go "WHAT NO, HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER." Are these people crazy?

And why is Bob Barr running anyway? Maybe you aren't aware that it was the Ron Paul supporters who pushed for a Barr run with the LP ticket!

Kotin
09-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I will admit today was an over reaction, even on my part..

I'm sure you understand why..

after I read the letter to Paul from Barr I let it go..

freelance
It's just amazing how you brand everything a conspiracy theory in an attempt to shut down discussion. It doesn't work here.

Jeremy
I think we can agree that it was mistake for the Barr campaign to plan something else. But these other claims are ridiculous and immature. Some people even proclaim they won't be voting Barr because of this when the reality is that they've had the the same conspiracy theories for the last few months. (and spamming the bloody chat room!)

yaz
09-10-2008, 12:22 PM
amen. Thank you for saying what needed to be said.

Jeremy
09-10-2008, 12:23 PM
It's just amazing how you brand everything a conspiracy theory in an attempt to shut down discussion. It doesn't work here.

Do you know what a conspiracy theory is? There are people here pretending to believe that Bob Barr is some sort of evil neocon with an agenda to take down the LP and ruin the RP supporters. I can't even believe that these people are serious. I think they are desperate or perhaps they just aren't thinking about these statements before posting them.

Paulitical Correctness
I feel out of place today...

everyone around me is saying the earth is round, LOL!

SnappleLlama
Do you know what a conspiracy theory is? There are people here pretending to believe that Bob Barr is some sort of evil neocon with an agenda to take down the LP and ruin the RP supporters. I can't even believe that these people are serious. I think they are desperate or perhaps they just aren't thinking about these statements before posting them.

Barr may not be a neocon plant, but that doesn't make him any less of a jerk for skipping out on RP's press conference.

Pete
I think we can agree that it was mistake for the Barr campaign to plan something else. But these other claims are ridiculous and immature. Some people even proclaim they won't be voting Barr because of this when the reality is that they've had the the same conspiracy theories for the last few months. (and spamming the bloody chat room!)

+1

CasualApathy
09-10-2008, 12:24 PM
What is this like your 5th thread in an hour? We call that a forum slide and it is a favorite trolling tactic for making your own twisted viewpoints seem more pervasive.

Dorfsmith
09-10-2008, 12:24 PM
I never claimed a conspiracy. All I said is Bob Barr lost my vote for not showing up. Would it really have been that hard to show up?

tropicangela
09-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Dr. Paul said that Barr was in 100% agreement with the statement of uniting the four 3rd parties. Was he or wasn't he?

Jeremy
09-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Barr may not be a neocon plant, but that doesn't make him any less of a jerk for skipping out on RP's press conference.

That's another topic to be discussed. I personally don't think he's a jerk... just underestimated the importance of this event. But this thread here is specifically about the people who are making crazy and immature attacks.

Jeremy
09-10-2008, 12:26 PM
I never claimed a conspiracy. All I said is Bob Barr lost my vote for not showing up. Would it really have been that hard to show up?

Then this thread wasn't direct at you. But that other one was. lol :D

SnappleLlama
That's another topic to be discussed. I personally don't think he's a jerk... just underestimated the importance of this event. But this thread here is specifically about the people who are making crazy and immature attacks.

Gotcha! ;)

CasualApathy
5th thread in 1 hour = troll

Jeremy
09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
What is this like your 5th thread in an hour? We call that a forum slide and it is a favorite trolling tactic for making your own twisted viewpoints seem more pervasive.

Trolling? lol...

RickyJ
09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
LOL! You are out of place everyday on this forum dude. Grass roots supporters of Ron Paul and paid government stooges don't normally get along very well.

Dorfsmith
09-10-2008, 12:28 PM

I spent all day yesterday telling people to check the news today and see why I support Barr. Bob lost a lot of undecided voters by not showing up. And now I have to deal with all these people saying "where was your guy" :rolleyes:

H Roark

+1

I don't think Storm is a troll, but he is certainly utilizing a trolling tactic. He's just trying to catapult the propaganda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxnegxNEDAc).

CasualApathy
Trolling? lol...

Thats right you big fat troll.

Truth Warrior
Perhaps the CTs are merely conspiring against you. < MUAHUUUAAAAA. > :D

Dorfsmith
Then this thread wasn't direct at you. But that other one was. lol :D

I figured the other one was :D

Kotin
09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Thats right you big fat ugly troll.

wtf CasualApathy?

stormcommander is no troll.. stop these childish attacks on someone cause they don't agree with you.

CasualApathy
09-10-2008, 12:33 PM
wtf CasualApathy?

stormcommander is no troll.. stop these childish attacks on someone cause they don't agree with you.

Dude, I like you so I'll take your advice and calm down, it won't change the fact that I have known that he is a troll for almost as long as I have known him though.

Jeremy
09-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Dude, I like you so I'll take your advice and calm down, it won't change the fact that I have known that he is a troll for almost as long as I have known him though.

Why, are you a truther? Truthers hate me now :(

CasualApathy
09-10-2008, 12:38 PM

I'm not a 9/11 truther no.

I'm a USS Liberty truther though, and a JFK truther.

I welcome truthers just as Ron Paul does it though. Too bad we cannot all live up to his great example huh?

Jeremy
09-10-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm not a 9/11 truther no.

I'm a USS Liberty truther though, and a JFK truther.

I welcome truthers just as Ron Paul does it though. Too bad we cannot all live up to his great example huh?

i welcome truthers

not the yelling ones though

revolutionary8
09-10-2008, 12:43 PM

Stop using collectivist terminology like "truthers" and "conspiracy theorists", laying all blame on "them" and people might stop disliking you. I don't "hate" anyone here, I just call things as I see them, and *some* people have problems with that.

Let me ask you, do you believe that there are plans for an NAU? If so, does that make you a "conspiracy theorist"?

storm, you and a few others around here try wayyyy wayyyy wayyy to hard to place BB on the pedestal and excuse his every mistake. What he did today (lying and failing to keep his word) was a mistake. I am sick of the excuses and crisis control. BB made his own bed today. He should lie in it.

Jeremy
09-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Stop using collectivist terminology like "truthers" and "conspiracy theorists", laying all blame on "them" and people might stop disliking you. I don't "hate" anyone here, I just call things as I see them, and *some* people have problems with that.

Let me ask you, do you believe that there are plans for an NAU? If so, does that make you a "conspiracy theorist"?

storm, you and a few others around here try wayyyy wayyyy wayyy to hard to place BB on the pedestal and excuse his every mistake. What he did today (lying and failing to keep his word) was a mistake. I am sick of the excuses and crisis control. BB made his own bed today. He should lie in it.

Uh, I don't think you realize what this thread was about. It wasn't attacking all anti-Barr people, it was attacking the ones with baseless claims, such as "Bob Barr is a neocon planted by the government to destroy the Ron Paul movement"

Carole
09-10-2008, 12:48 PM

What?

Bob Barr, a neocon plant who embarrassed anti-Paul "conservatives" at CPAC? Who tried to get RP on the LP ticket in December? Who tried one more time for him to be VP nominee (yesterday)? Who spoke on Bush's impeachment and defended the Bill or Rights? Who slammed FISA supporters?

It's amazing, some people are desperate to attack. For example, how many times have people been annoyingly posting about how Ron Paul should still run third party. And then a minute later they will ask if he could run as VP with someone. So when Barr did that yesterday, the same people today go "WHAT NO, HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER." Are these people crazy?

And why is Bob Barr running anyway? Maybe you aren't aware that it was the Ron Paul supporters who pushed for a Barr run with the LP ticket!

Sorry if my "plant" comment offended you. Sick of stupid non-thinking voters. :mad:

My only excuse is that I am feeling so down over all the Fed bailouts and lies, lies, lies from DC. I am retired on limited income and have lost over 40k since February in my retirement fund. :(

Same boat as many others and sort of struggling. :mad: Semi-paranoid here today!! :D

ClayTrainor
09-10-2008, 12:48 PM

I dont' hate you :)

Your "Truth" arguments that i've seen, have always been constructive, but simply misguided IMO ;)

I dont hate anybody however, i do hate all the bitching going on today.

This is a very confusing day for me.

Jeremy
09-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Sorry if my "plant" comment offended you. Sick of stupid non-thinking voters. :mad:

My only excuse is that I am feeling so down over all the Fed bailouts and lies, lies, lies from DC. I am retired on limited income and have lost over 40k since February in my retirement fund. :(

Same boat as many others and sort of struggling. :mad:

I don't even remember seeing anything you said on that, hehe

but my point with this thread is if people don't like barr, they should dislike him in an honest way

Kade
09-10-2008, 12:50 PM

What?

Do a Barroll!

freelance
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM

Yes, and I understand the difference between a conspiracy theory and a conspiracy. The truth is that Bob Barr voted with the neocons on some very important issues--issues that have changed the very course of our lives, and I'm not willing to give him a total pass on that. I can certainly understand people calling him a neocon, because he voted the neocon agenda. Would I call those people conspiracy theorists? Hardly.

Controlled opposition is nothing new. It's been around for as long as people have wanted to maintain power. It's called POLITICS. Nothing "out there" about that either.

People will draw conclusions based on the facts at the moment. Some will upgrade their conclusions based on new facts when they present themselves. Others will not.

I was leaning toward Baldwin even though I do not agree with all the theocratic crap. I now know that I will NOT vote for either of the two-party candidates, and I will not vote for Barr. I have still not decided who wins my vote. It remains to see if any of the others make a total ass out of themselves. I'm one of those who doesn't mind being presented with facts and changing my mind accordingly.

While I don't usually respond to you, you seem to call anyone who might disagree with you a conspiracy theorist. That label is wearing just about as thin as anti-Semitic, sexist and/or racist. It's nothing but a diversion from the facts.

CasualApathy
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
i welcome truthers

not the yelling ones though

Oh, I seem to remember you being most unwelcoming:

truthers have done nothing for liberty in america

all they care about is their false lala land coming true

No one here likes the truthers because they represent the "crazy" side of this movement... they are just getting in the way and are smearing all of the important stuff with BS

revolutionary8
09-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Uh, I don't think you realize what this thread was about. It wasn't attacking all anti-Barr people, it was attacking the ones with baseless claims, such as "Bob Barr is a neocon planted by the government to destroy the Ron Paul movement"

that is a new one for me. I think that Bob Barr has not changed at all, and I have seen no evidence suggesting otherwise. This translates to me thinking Bob Barr is still a Neocon. Neocons want to destroy the RP movement. Did you go to the RNC? That was evident, and it is undeniable. They wanted to silence us, they want to kick us out of our own party. They wanted to take away our delegates.

This is what anti-cters usually do- make the conspiracy out to be some sort of crazy moonbat tin foil hat theory in order to discredit what people like myself really believe. It is very simple what I believe. No conspiracy theory whatsoever. Bob Barr=Still a Neocon.

PatriotOne
09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
"bob barr a plant," "bob barr, a neocon"

qft.

moostraks
09-10-2008, 03:51 PM
that is a new one for me. I think that Bob Barr has not changed at all, and I have seen no evidence suggesting otherwise. This translates to me thinking Bob Barr is still a Neocon. Neocons want to destroy the RP movement. Did you go to the RNC? That was evident, and it is undeniable. They wanted to silence us, they want to kick us out of our own party. They wanted to take away our delegates.

This is what anti-cters usually do- make the conspiracy out to be some sort of crazy moonbat tin foil hat theory in order to discredit what people like myself really believe. It is very simple what I believe. No conspiracy theory whatsoever. Bob Barr=Still a Neocon.

Thank you thank you thank you...Happy dancing that someone tells just exactly what I feel morre succinctly then my angry little fingers could type!!!