PDA

View Full Version : B. Barr basically negated the whole press conference.

specsaregood
09-10-2008, 12:07 PM
If the idea behind this press conference was to "unite" all the disenfranchised voters behind the concept of voting for 3rd parties and against the establishment, then B. Barr effectively negated the ENTIRE conference.

For evidence of this just look at this forum.
If Bob Barr had been there, the threads would be positive and maybe some grumbling about how the event was not "amazing". But overall there would be a unifying message about just don't vote for the other two guys.

Instead, B. Barr was divisive (cause a bit of a scandal) and the whole intention of the press conference was lost.

Way to go B. Barr. You lost my vote.

pacelli
09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
That's an interesting point which leads me to wonder if Barr hasn't been in this all along as a plant to divide the movement.

Jeremy
09-10-2008, 12:10 PM
That's an interesting point which leads me to wonder if Barr hasn't been in this all along as a plant to divide the movement.

No, he tried to do the exact opposite by trying to get RP run 3rd party, and as we just found out, run as VP (yesterday). A "plant"? That's very silly.

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 12:11 PM

Is he maneuvering for a position with the Republicrats?

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2008, 12:12 PM
No, he tried to do the exact opposite by trying to get RP run 3rd party, and as we just found out, run as VP (yesterday). A "plant"? That's very silly.

Anyone that knows Ron Paul at all would know he would not, and could not accept that offer. I also feel now Barr was a plant, and also is taking down the LP with him.

PatriotOne
09-10-2008, 12:13 PM
If the idea behind this press conference was to "unite" all the disenfranchised voters behind the concept of voting for 3rd parties and against the establishment, then B. Barr effectively negated the ENTIRE conference.

For evidence of this just look at this forum.
If Bob Barr had been there, the threads would be positive and maybe some grumbling about how the event was not "amazing". But overall there would be a unifying message about just don't vote for the other two guys.

Instead, B. Barr was divisive (cause a bit of a scandal) and the whole intention of the press conference was lost.

Way to go B. Barr. You lost my vote.

The only thing Barr acomplished today was to drive off his supporters IMO.

Falseflagop
09-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Wow you guys final argue with me?

CasualApathy
09-10-2008, 12:16 PM

Actually asking RP to VP is another devisive move since he knew the answer beforehand. It reminds me of the MSM asking if Ron Paul would go independant even though they knew the answer, it is psychological warfare reminding us of the fact that we wont be able to vote RP for president.

tropicangela
09-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Anyone that knows Ron Paul at all would know he would not, and could not accept that offer. I also feel now Barr was a plant, and also is taking down the LP with him.

+1

RedLightning
09-10-2008, 12:18 PM
I used to laugh at people who said that BB was an agent of the GOP, now I think I believe it. There is no other excuse; he's either a complete idiot or doing this crap on purpose to break up the movement.

tpreitzel
09-10-2008, 12:18 PM

Yes ... Why? IIRC, someone posted some detail of a speech given by Barr back in February of 2008 where Barr made a statement emphasizing the importance of seeking the nomination of the LP party as a placeholder candidate who would then yield to another if necessary. Attendees of the event and readers of that post probably thought Barr's cryptic statement was referring to Ron Paul. Now, it seems that Barr was selected by another group to infiltrate the LP party and thereby neutralize it for the 2008 election.

Pete
09-10-2008, 12:21 PM
The only thing Barr acomplished today was to drive off his supporters IMO.

True that. Everyone is running around thinking that Barr disavowed the four planks agreed to with Baldwin, McKinney, and Nader when he did not.

He probably didn't want to draw attention to Baldwin, who was impressive today, but he hurt himself a whole lot worse as a result.

Badger Paul
09-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Exactly specs, and now Barr is going to suffer the consequences of his petulance.

We all are really, this was a blown opportunity.

RedLightning
09-10-2008, 12:23 PM
He probably didn't want to draw attention to Baldwin, who was impressive today, but he hurt himself a whole lot worse as a result.

Does anyone have video of Baldwin speaking? I want to hear it.

anaconda
09-10-2008, 12:47 PM
I disagree. The Sheeple are so out of touch that very few of them have even heard of Barr. There were four nice very different candidates. In fact, that might even seem more approachable than "five" candidates if someone was naive and wanted to look into their alternatives. And, most importantly, the real name recognition people WERE there. You guessed it RALPH NADER and RON PAUL! This may sound strange but I would not be surprised if more people have heard of Ralph Nader than Ron Paul. I think Barr's refusal to come is really not that crucial (except for his own campaign, which will now tank into oblivion). By the way, Ron Paul was on fire!

dr. hfn
09-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Bob Barr is a piece of crap for not showing up. I thought he may be principled, but he proved me wrong. Screw him.

Johnnybags
09-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Barr would be an also ran long ago. Paul at 70 years + is the one who went around the country like an 18 yr old and put up with all the folly of the debates. Where was Barr? Of course you had to get into a debate with the repukes or noone would have known him. Now Barr complains?

freelance
09-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Anyone that knows Ron Paul at all would know he would not, and could not accept that offer.

Agree 100%.

constitutional
09-10-2008, 12:57 PM

Bob Barr offered RP VP ticket for publicity. He knows RP won't accept the spot. And since Ron Paul isn't endorsing anyone directly, and RP just held a press conference -- what better way to be in the spot light trying to associate himself (Barr) with RP and get the votes? That's why he offered a VP spot.

Is Barr thinking smart? Yes. Do I like it? No.

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
“Trickery and treachery are the practices of fools that have not the wits enought to be honest” -- Benjamin Franklin

me3
09-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Bob Barr offered RP VP ticket for publicity. He knows RP won't accept the spot. And since Ron Paul isn't endorsing anyone directly, and he just held a press conference -- what better way to be in the spot light trying to associate himself with RP and get the votes? That's why he offered a VP spot.

Is Barr thinking smart? Yes. Do I like it? No.
Barr just turned off a massive portion of the Ron Paul nation.

There was nothing smart about this move. Now RPers, Constitutionalists and Libertarians are not attracted to Barr. He's committing political suicide right in front of us.

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Barr just turned off a massive portion of the Ron Paul nation.

There was nothing smart about this move. Now RPers, Constitutionalists and Libertarians are not attracted to Barr. He's committing political suicide right in front of us.

yep but barr is clueless to the damage he has done, i sure will remind him on election day