PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr shows leadership to unify liberty movement

Paulitical Correctness
09-10-2008, 11:46 AM
http://campaign.blog.bobbarr2008.com/2008/09/10/bob-barr-shows-leadership-to-unify-liberty-movement/

steph3n
09-10-2008, 11:50 AM
no barr shows hackery and lost any chance of my vote or my money(which he's hit me up for twice and I considered to send some)

Paulitical Correctness
09-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Why would you 1-star this? Don't shoot the messenger, man!

:(

steph3n
09-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Why would you 1-star this? Don't shoot the messenger, man!

:(

just a note, I don't rate anything so wasn't me.

angelatc
09-10-2008, 11:51 AM
no barr shows hackery and lost any chance of my vote or my money(which he's hit me up for twice and I considered to send some)

He upstaged Paul's message, that's for sure.

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2008, 11:53 AM
# Damon Talbot Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
September 10th, 2008 at 1:02 pm

Unify??

Is that why you skipped the Unification of 3rd Parties Event that was done by Ron Paul? How is that unifying? As to your offer to Ron Paul to be your V.P. Nominee that only shows you know not Ron Paul and his integrity and only wanted to illicit his Revolution. Your plan backfired. It has shown us that event when a great opertunity opens up, Ron Paul stands by his principles. Mr. Barr does not know Unity, He does not know Integrity, An he will not know have my vote.

I wonder if they will respect freedom of speech and post it.

aravoth
09-10-2008, 12:13 PM
He upstaged Paul's message, that's for sure.

he did?

angelatc
09-10-2008, 12:14 PM
he did?

Sadly, what are we all talking about?

Minuteman
09-10-2008, 12:24 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
# Damon Talbot Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
September 10th, 2008 at 1:02 pm

Unify??

Is that why you skipped the Unification of 3rd Parties Event that was done by Ron Paul? How is that unifying? As to your offer to Ron Paul to be your V.P. Nominee that only shows you know not Ron Paul and his integrity and only wanted to illicit his Revolution. Your plan backfired. It has shown us that event when a great opertunity opens up, Ron Paul stands by his principles. Mr. Barr does not know Unity, He does not know Integrity, An he will not know have my vote.

I wonder if they will respect freedom of speech and post it.

I wonder if Mr Talbot will learn how to spell.

anaconda
09-10-2008, 12:28 PM

I agree!

If Barr was confident in himself and his message then he would have believed himself to be the greatest beneficiary of all of those candidates from the publicity. FURTHERMORE, the message of the press conference was (unless I'm missing something here) was that the two parties are a sham and that there are far better alternatives. Barr should certainly believe that this is true and enthusiastically joined in this public statement. He would have had so much to gain. This was a tremendous blunder by his campaign. Someone in his campaign said that he would not be showing "leadership" if he were to suggest simply voting for someone in the group on the stage. But in no way was there any message that there was not great differences between the candidates appearing with Dr. Paul. The differences between Baldwin and Barr vs. Mckinney and Nader are very large, indeed. And exciting and challenging differences worthy of public debate. It shows Barr's lack of character and confidence that he didn't view this opportunity as a wonderful one to showcase his platform!

phoenix1861
09-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Given the fact that Bob Barr has been under constant fire for his shaky credentials as a libertarian, I'm astonished that he would openly challenge someone whose credentials are, comparatively, impeccable! Did he really think he wouldn't catch hell for this? Did he really think it would help solidify or expand his support?

It's hard to believe that he's really that foolish, but I guess it's true.

I understand the point that not all third party candidates are worth voting for. I agree. Nevertheless, Dr. Paul was doing his best to weaken the establishment by encouraging the American people to consider all of the alternatives, to inform themselves and think outside of the box! I won't vote for Nader, but at least a vote for Nader isn't a vote for McBama, and that is some degree of progress.

Barr has irreparably damaged his already struggling campaign.

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Bob Barr shows leadership to unify liberty movement

Who is left to follow?

me3
09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Bob Barr shows leadership to unify liberty movement

Who is left to follow?
You could try following yourself.

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 01:01 PM
You could try following yourself.

I'm following Ron Paul

Kade
09-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Bartrolls Unite!

It's funny... we see the real individuals now, and the trolls have been exposed. Choose a side.

acptulsa
09-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Given the fact that Bob Barr has been under constant fire for his shaky credentials as a libertarian, I'm astonished that he would openly challenge someone whose credentials are, comparatively, impeccable! Did he really think he wouldn't catch hell for this? Did he really think it would help solidify or expand his support?

It's hard to believe that he's really that foolish, but I guess it's true.

I understand the point that not all third party candidates are worth voting for. I agree. Nevertheless, Dr. Paul was doing his best to weaken the establishment by encouraging the American people to consider all of the alternatives, to inform themselves and think outside of the box! I won't vote for Nader, but at least a vote for Nader isn't a vote for McBama, and that is some degree of progress.

Barr has irreparably damaged his already struggling campaign.

Sure isn't hard to see why people are calling him a shill and a plant. Either that or he's a complete blithering idiot. I don't see a third way.

Barr shows leadership to unite the liberty movement, all right--behind Chuck Baldwin!

me3
09-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm following Ron Paul
Yes, you can follow Ron Paul, or yourself. Two good choices! :D