PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Barrs are Coming Out of the Woodwork

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 09:23 AM
It only took him not showing up for a half-hour press conference (where they went over the time limit before actually finishing). And everyone goes nuts and the Baldwin supporters angrily post, "I'm not voting for Barr." Well, I think we already knew that.

He had to set up for his own press conference. What's the big deal?

homah
09-10-2008, 09:25 AM
I was under the impression that he had committed to appearing at Paul's conference. Correct me if I am wrong.

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 09:26 AM
I think it's because we're all a little protective of Dr. Paul. If Barr had committed to attending the press conference, then it was a slap in the face to Ron Paul.

chiefsmurph
09-10-2008, 09:26 AM
What a dumb idea: Not voting for a candidate because he couldn't make it to Ron Paul's 30 minute press conference because he was busy.

Mister Grieves
09-10-2008, 09:28 AM
I'd say it has more to do with Barr's neo-con track record than anything else. At least that's always been the way it is with me.

speciallyblend
well if you go back in my post ,i was a barr supporter but he lost it at the rally for perosnal issues that my wife asked him, but i would vote for chuck baldwin so do not blame bladwin supporters ,blame barr for being a complete dumbass,now barr will understand blowback as well,

Barr just represented the lp which just stood up RON PAUL and US,, i am beyond livid!!!!

Paulitical Correctness
What a dumb idea: Not voting for a candidate because he couldn't make it to Ron Paul's 30 minute press conference because he was busy.

Many of us were on the fence to begin with, and when you're on the fence it doesn't take much to tip you over!

I'm personally still undecided, but I do find it disrespectful.

specsaregood
Well to paraphrase the good Dr. "Any time you are 'anti' something it means you are 'pro' something else." So if somebody is "anti-Barr" maybe they are pro-freedom or pro-anybody-except-controlled-oppostion.

I was going to vote for Barr even though I didn't trust his past record. I really was. Unless he says something miraculous at his own press conference, that ain't happening.

SLSteven
I was under the impression that he had committed to appearing at Paul's conference. Correct me if I am wrong.

I have not been anti-Barr. But if he intentionally mislead Ron Paul regarding this conference which was obviously very important to Dr Paul... I will be

acptulsa
09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
He promised to show. He didn't. It was supposed to be a show of the unity we aren't putting together to make us appear to be more of a force than we're turning out to be. Barr made a joke of it. Vote for that shit if you want to.

I was going to vote for Barr. He'd better make that press conference good--damned good--or he has lost this vote.

"Coming out of the woodwork", eh? Some anti-Barr people are born that way. Many more weren't born, but just made.

Falseflagop
Bob Barr is a tool of the so-called 2 party machine, he is an operative for them to get the RP into believing he is not a NEO CON any longer!! BS imho.

Stay away imho

speciallyblend

oo i have a long list , hell i wasn't voting for barr anyway when i was voting for him ,i was voting for the lp not barr......... it is alot more then that, but it sure was the straw that broke the camel's back on any chance i would vote for barr barr needs to go crawl up mccains ass, done with his lying ass, i didn't trust him when i was going to vote for him well the lp,but he lost any trust and all my trust when my wife talked to him,so barr just needs to shut up and get out of my face oo yeah nevermind they do not cover him anyway so i do not need to see his face, umm this was a huge announcement and barr blew it off. he showed his colors today,only way he can save face is to step down and nominate Ron Paul in my eyes but good luck with barr you can vote for him i will not

MsDoodahs
09-10-2008, 09:30 AM
I'd say it has more to do with Barr's neo-con track record than anything else. At least that's always been the way it is with me.

Same here.

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 09:30 AM

Hey, I was never for Barr in the first place. :D

angelatc
09-10-2008, 09:31 AM

I think it was a dumber idea to blow off a press conference. All candidates would practically wear big red noses if it would get them a minute in front of a camera.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2008, 09:32 AM
All candidates would practically wear big red noses if it would get them a minute in front of a camera.

That's one thing I don't think Ron tried. :D

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 09:34 AM
He promised to show. He didn't. It was supposed to be a show of the unity we aren't putting together to make us appear to be more of a force than we're turning out to be. Barr made a joke of it. Vote for that shit if you want to.

I was going to vote for Barr. He'd better make that press conference good--damned good--or he has lost this vote.

"Coming out of the woodwork", eh? Some anti-Barr people are born that way. Many more weren't born, but just made.

qft

nullvalu
09-10-2008, 09:35 AM
I hadn't yet even put forth the effort to investigate Baldwin or Barr yet. I was going to wait another month or so yet until I was going to choose who to vote for.

But Barr blew a huge opportunity to gain new supporters today.

Baldwin, on the other hand, actually showed up and spoke with great confidence.

Barr = 0, Baldwin =1

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 09:36 AM
well i will be campaigning for chuck baldwin i guess after i make a few calls with my wife to their campaign hq. barr made my decision alot easier today

LP has about 1hr to announce a lp ticket of Paul/ and whoever paul chooses for vp.....

barr is an embarrassment to the lp and i hold the lp accountable for the no-show its their candidate:(

constituent
</notthisshitagainpic>

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
First he hates on Witches, now bails on Ron?
Merry part.

liberteebell
It only took him not showing up for a half-hour press conference (where they went over the time limit before actually finishing). And everyone goes nuts and the Baldwin supporters angrily post, "I'm not voting for Barr." Well, I think we already knew that.

The big deal is this: if he committed to being at the press conference, he should have been there, unless he had a serious reason for not being there (such as sudden illness or death in the family). And even then, ever heard of cell phones?

It's sort of like this: if you say you're going to do something, you should follow through with it.

Now, he's all talking about how he's changed his mind on soooooo many issues, how am I supposed to believe it?

As a wise man once told me, "watch what a man does, not what he says".

Dorfsmith
09-10-2008, 09:37 AM
I was 100% for Barr before today. I even have his sticker on my car. I switched to the Libertarian party last week. I'm not an anti-barr supporter coming out of the woodwork. I'm a disappointed ex-barr supporter. :mad:

Falseflagop
09-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Once a NEO-CON always a NEO-CON zebra does not change his stripes and I believe BARR has NOT.

I gotta to say impressed with :

RALPH

Cythinia (exposing the ONION the voting machines that was NICE)

Chuck (spoke with confidence)

Barr (TAKE a walk!

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 09:44 AM
I was 100% for Barr before today. I even have his sticker on my car. I switched to the Libertarian party last week. I'm not an anti-barr supporter coming out of the woodwork. I'm a disappointed ex-barr supporter. :mad:

barr doesn't cut it for me anymore, i had more issues with barr then today,but today pretty much nailed the coffin shut,

of course THE LP can save face by rejecting barr and nominating Ron Paul, but the lp lost respect from me today ,barr represents the lp and the lp no longer represents me....

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Once a NEO-CON always a NEO-CON zebra does not change his stripes and I believe BARR has NOT.

I gotta to say impressed with :

RALPH

Cythinia (exposing the ONION the voting machines that was NICE)

Chuck (spoke with confidence)

Barr (TAKE a walk!

we need to call the lp and remind them of the error of their ways but im sure election day will prove to them how bad they screwed up...

reduen
09-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Many of us were on the fence to begin with, and when you're on the fence it doesn't take much to tip you over!

I'm personally still undecided, but I do find it disrespectful.

Bingo Was His Name Ohhh......! :D

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 09:47 AM
And even then, ever heard of cell phones?

Yes, I'm sure Ron Paul would have loved to have copied Giuliani and answered a cell phone in the middle of a press conference.

of course THE LP can save face by rejecting barr and nominating Ron Paul

He wasn't running for their nomination, and the convention was back in May.

Ninja Homer
09-10-2008, 09:48 AM

I don't understand why people can't wait 2 hours to hear Barr's press release before complaining about him, and making a decision that they won't vote for him. Who knows, maybe Ron Paul and Bob Barr cooked this up just to get more press. Maybe they found out Obama scheduled a press release for the same time and knew they'd be minimalized by the media, so decided to spread it out a little.

That may not be the case at all, Barr may have just totally blew it off, but why can't people just wait for 2 freaking hours before coming to conclusions and blowing their lid about it?

EDIT: Scratch the above... I just read the following thread and now I'm pissed! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=154449

Paulitical Correctness
09-10-2008, 09:51 AM
I don't understand why people can't wait 2 hours to hear Barr's press release before complaining about him, and making a decision that they won't vote for him. Who knows, maybe Ron Paul and Bob Barr cooked this up just to get more press. Maybe they found out Obama scheduled a press release for the same time and knew they'd be minimalized by the media, so decided to spread it out a little.

That may not be the case at all, Barr may have just totally blew it off, but why can't people just wait for 2 freaking hours before coming to conclusions and blowing their lid about it?

Because Barr's moustache does not exude sincerity.

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Who knows, maybe Ron Paul and Bob Barr cooked this up just to get more press.

I saw surprise in Ron Paul's demeanor...and he is not that good of an actor. But on the other hand it certainly doesn't make sense for Barr to throw away his support by bailing out on Ron Paul.

reduen
09-10-2008, 09:53 AM

Point taken but I look at from the prospective that if you say you will be there then you should be there.

Ron Paul made it to his speaking engagements in Ames even while his beloved wife was in the hospital, he is the man.....:cool:

PatriotOne
09-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Anti-Barrs are Coming Out of the Woodwork

Yeah...that tends to happen when Barr shows his true colors.

BenMuldowney
09-10-2008, 09:57 AM

yes, you are correct. the least he could have done is given notice he was going to no show him. i'm sure he will have some lame reason at his own press conference.

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 10:04 AM

The idea of a campaign is to try to win supporters -- not to create opposition.

rockandrollsouls
09-10-2008, 10:07 AM

I agree. He's probably doing an interview somewhere and actually trying to get voters to freedom (unlike baldwin, who is only trying to court paul supporters)

Ninja Homer
09-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Point taken but I look at from the prospective that if you say you will be there then you should be there.

Ron Paul made it to his speaking engagements in Ames even while his beloved wife was in the hospital, he is the man.....:cool:

Read my edit:

"Scratch the above... I just read the following thread and now I'm pissed! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=154449"

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 10:13 AM
I agree. He's probably doing an interview somewhere and actually trying to get voters to freedom (unlike baldwin, who is only trying to court paul supporters)

Surely he could have taken 30 minutes away from his constant conversion of voters to help with Ron Paul's Revolution.

RevolutionSD
09-10-2008, 11:04 AM

Barr is a neocon, Baldwin is a theocrat.

No way I'm voting for either.

Non-cooperation is the only way. Stay Home 2008!

Bradley in DC
09-10-2008, 11:09 AM
yes, you are correct. the least he could have done is given notice he was going to no show him.

If Jesse Benton were manhandling Austin from the LP with lit out of the area before it started as was reported here, then one would think that Jesse knew beforehand.

Bradley in DC
09-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Non-cooperation is the only way. Stay Home 2008!

That is the exact OPPOSITE of Dr. Paul's message today. :(

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 11:22 AM

Get ready for more...

KenInMontiMN
09-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Go with a recorded vote, we want to see growing numbers voting outside the box. We want major parties to see voters turning away from them. A Paul write-in in most states won't be recorded, there are rules a write-in candidate must satisfy in advance or the state won't tally those votes.

If you must vote libertarian, then vote Barr even though that most certainly isn't voting libertarian. God only knows what Barr actually is at any given moment. Pick one of the other three that least offends your sensibilities, at least they have integrity and consistency. Quit worrying about the positions you disagree on- IT'S NOT LIKE THEY'RE GOING TO WIN THIS CYCLE!

freelance
09-10-2008, 11:46 AM
I've noticed that he seems to be turning up on the MSM lately. I'm leaning in favor of "controlled opposition." Leopards do not often change their spots.

steph3n
09-10-2008, 12:01 PM

well I was planning to vote for Barr till today.

H Roark
09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
I don't know if you noticed this, but Baldwin supporters like myself were clearly in the minority. The tide has certainly turned, most of the posts saying they will switch are people on the fence and former Barr supporters. Get real, just look at the disparity in the polls. If Baldwin pulled a stunt like that, I wouldn't vote for him either.

dgingerich
09-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Anti-Barrs are not coming out of the woodwork. Many of us weren't anti-Barr before today. I wasn't planning to vote for Barr, but I wasn't against him. Today, that changed! I am NOW an anti-Barr!:mad:

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Anti-Barrs are not coming out of the woodwork, Barr is creating them out of thin air.

anaconda
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM

Didn't I read he was down the hall having his own press conference? That would undermine the theory that he was "too busy."

bojo68
09-10-2008, 01:43 PM
There isn't a one of the four that has anywhere near the following RP has, and for ANY of them to disrespect RP in anyway is the height of foolishness, if indeed a successful candidacy is your objective.
Myself, I hadn't really given much thought to it other than I was NOT voting r or d, looks like now I'm going to be forced to vote for somebody I've hated for over 35 years. Be that as it may, he's NOT a chamelon, not a theocrat, and not as loony the rest.
Going to the voting booth and going RALPH is going to be tougher than calling the white god RALPH in the mens room...

Knightskye
09-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Anti-Barrs are not coming out of the woodwork. Many of us weren't anti-Barr before today. I wasn't planning to vote for Barr, but I wasn't against him. Today, that changed! I am NOW an anti-Barr!:mad:

No, I meant you guys were hiding in there until you got an excuse to again start posting inflammatory and divisive comments about Barr.

So yeah, in my opinion, the anti Barr posts are more divisive than Barr himself.

constituent
09-11-2008, 10:34 AM
No, I meant you guys were hiding in there until you got an excuse to again start posting inflammatory and divisive comments about Barr.

So yeah, in my opinion, the anti Barr posts are more divisive than Barr himself.

says the thread starter.

Barney
09-11-2008, 10:56 AM

Oh yeah, he didn't know was was going to be busy until 30mins before the press conference.

Turns out he was busy setting up his own press conference to ride the coat tails of Paul's event. And having his staff publish anti-Paul blogs while at the same time offering him a VP ticket. Barr's playing games, and he's just beginning to learn about blowback.

The Libertarian Party has become a sad joke with this bogus ticket. Which neocon is next to have an epiphany in time for the 2012 ticket? Cheney/Wolfowitz? Why not, they have even better name recognition than Barr.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-11-2008, 12:07 PM
nt

acptulsa
09-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Anti-Barrs are not coming out of the woodwork, Barr is creating them out of thin air.

And he and his minions are creating more all the time with "spin control" that seems designed to ensure the LP spins out of control...

Danke
09-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Coming out of the woodwork? jeez.

I was going to vote for him before witnessing his behavior on Sept. 1st.

Knightskye
09-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Coming out of the woodwork? jeez.

I was going to vote for him before witnessing his behavior on Sept. 1st.

What'd he do on September 1st?

Andrew-Austin
09-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Really I didn't know attending Paul's conference was a make or break deal. Paul and his supporters seem to be more warm and fuzzy towards socialists McKinney and Nader then for an actual libertarian.

Knightskye
09-11-2008, 08:48 PM
says the thread starter.

...says the guy who couldn't come up with an actual response. :mad:

Really I didn't know attending Paul's conference was a make or break deal. Paul and his supporters seem to be more warm and fuzzy towards socialists McKinney and Nader then for an actual libertarian.

Seriously. And Barr had legitimate reasons for not showing up.

But people are angry, and I've suggested Paul and Barr get together to talk things out. They want diplomacy with dictators? How about we try something a little smaller first?

Danke
09-11-2008, 10:40 PM
What'd he do on September 1st?

C4L had a shit fit when a over zealous lady that I know sent a press release that Barr was going to be at the picnic I organized along with Ron Paul. Ron Paul can't be seen as endorsing a candidate outside the GOP. Photo op the media would like with the two together. So we had to disinvite him. His staff said they would not be coming to the Twin Cities if they were not at my picnic event, and subsequently agreed to come at 2pm and leave after a short speech. This gave us plenty of time to put other speakers before Ron Paul showed up after his book signing in Rosedale. Well, Barr showed up late and would not leave after his speech. This caused all kinds of rearranging and last minute scrambling.

I and others politely asked them to leave after the speech. And besides, they were going only a few blocks up the road to have a meeting & meal with their supporters at a very nice neighborhood restaurant. Seems it is all about Barr, not the movement.

I had arraigned everything around Ron Paul as this was the Rally weekend. He was the featured guest. Bob Barr was ancillary.

He and his staff's reply to our request during the picnic (as an invited guest with agreed upon conditions) was, "well, it is a public park, call the cops if you have a problem with it."

Meanwhile I'm getting calls from C4L staff that RP is pulling out. Not waiting around any longer. Can you imagine my angst at having to tell the crowd that came to hear RP that he was not in fact coming?!?!

So does this man Bob Barr have any integrity? Does he care if RP loses seniority and important committees where we at least have a voice up on Capitol Hill? What about me and my group that graciously invited him in the first place? You could not believe the stress and strain he caused me that afternoon.

I judge a man on his actions, not words. Barr used me and embarrassed me in a situation where I had made promises to others in the movement about the timing of the event I had planned. They, the C4L, took my word and went to bat for me to support RP being there.

Am I pissed, hell yes. F#ck Barr.

BTW, I had ask his staffers for an apology before writing this, non forthcoming. Ignored. So let me say it again, F#ch Bob Barr and the horse he road in on.

Thomas_Paine
09-11-2008, 10:44 PM

These are false misleading statements meant to divide the freedom movement YOU ARE A TROLL

LibertyEagle
09-11-2008, 10:47 PM

"Paul and his supporters", eh? That sure sounds a lot like you don't consider yourself in that category.

So, you think Barr is a libertarian, eh? Did you read the statement from his campaign manager, praising Bush for his leadership on 9-11? How about Barr's stance on warmongering? Do ya like that? How about him on global warming --- playing both ends?

Barr made a complete ass of himself yesterday, IMO. Talk about someone who is focusing on himself, rather than the larger movement. It's Barr, in spades. This whole deal is very unfortunate.

tpreitzel
09-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh, brother. Personally, I think the vast majority of us here on RPFs have a pretty clear view of Bob Barr at this point. Although, I side more with the CP than the LP, the LP deserves better than Bob Barr, much better. This episode seems so surreal that the real question must be whether Barr's actions are scripted elsewhere.

fr33domfightr
09-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Something seems odd about the picnic. Why can't RP be seen with any candidate? Barr, the Libertarian candidate is right, why would he have to leave?! What if any of us were told WE had to leave?? Would we be happy, no we wouldn't. F the GOP.

FF

Danke
09-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Something seems odd about the picnic. Why can't RP be seen with any candidate? Barr, the Libertarian candidate is right, why would he have to leave?! What if any of us were told WE had to leave?? Would we be happy, no we wouldn't. F the GOP.

FF

Those were the agreed upon conditions. Right or wrong. Does your word mean caca too?

Bman
09-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Gawd the Drama!

Maybe we can get Dr. Paul and Bob Barr on Dr. Phil to work this out.

Lets get to solving issues folks. We got two years to get more people lined up for Congress. Lets get something going. Is there any stuff already in the works or is this something I should run with to see what I can get going.

Knightskye
09-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Gawd the Drama!

Maybe we can get Dr. Paul and Bob Barr on Dr. Phil to work this out.

Lets get to solving issues folks. We got two years to get more people lined up for Congress. Lets get something going. Is there any stuff already in the works or is this something I should run with to see what I can get going.

Dr. Phil... Jerry Springer... anything. Just get them talking. It's better than arguing with the brick walls on here.

syborius
09-12-2008, 12:44 AM

you don't understand politics. he held his own press conference afterward grandstanding, asking paul to be his VP when he damn well knew Paul wouldn't take it. That is called "divide, divide, divide"
Barr's campaign has had little traction, most likely these last moment chaos/diversion crap Barr is pulling is meant to do nothing more but to destroy the LP party, and cause massive disarray in the liberty movement. (probably everyone will gravitate towards Baldwin now) If you watch the RP conference you can tell Paul was expecting him any moment....so I call complete horseshit.

The LP party is dead this year with the cluster$^#% that has become the Barr bid.

I'm willing to bet Barr will withdraw his bid shortly, hopefully the party boots him out, if they can.

fr33domfightr
09-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Those were the agreed upon conditions. Right or wrong. Does your word mean caca too?

Maybe instead of assuming Barr would be gone when RP showed up, tell them explicitly, Ron Paul doesn't want any other candidates here when he shows up. If you (Barr) are late, you either won't get a chance to speak or will have to leave immediately prior to Ron Paul's getting to the event. I'm thinking there was miscommunication. That would be like blaming citizens when they don't understand the tax code. I'm just saying, this could be what happened, miscommunication.

FF

amy31416
09-12-2008, 05:06 AM
you don't understand politics. he held his own press conference afterward grandstanding, asking paul to be his VP when he damn well knew Paul wouldn't take it. That is called "divide, divide, divide"
Barr's campaign has had little traction, most likely these last moment chaos/diversion crap Barr is pulling is meant to do nothing more but to destroy the LP party, and cause massive disarray in the liberty movement. (probably everyone will gravitate towards Baldwin now) If you watch the RP conference you can tell Paul was expecting him any moment....so I call complete horseshit.

The LP party is dead this year with the cluster$^#% that has become the Barr bid.

I'm willing to bet Barr will withdraw his bid shortly, hopefully the party boots him out, if they can.

Give the LP more reason to boot him: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/RemoveBobBar/index.html

speciallyblend
09-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Give the LP more reason to boot him: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/RemoveBobBar/index.html

bump

patriotfilms
09-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Yes, with freedom we must tolerate the nonsense, but we don't have to agree with it. Also, with freedom comes responsibility. Barr must now endure the "blow back" from his actions.

Knightskye
09-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Yes, with freedom we must tolerate the nonsense, but we don't have to agree with it. Also, with freedom comes responsibility. Barr must now endure the "blow back" from his actions.

I still think Barr was the only credible third-party liberty candidate.

fr33domfightr
09-12-2008, 10:09 AM
The funny thing about this, Ron Paul not wanting to be seen with another single third party candidate is, Ron Paul was on CNN with Wolf Blitzer with only Nader by his side. What's up with that?? I know he was promoting the third parties, but how is the CNN interview any different than the picnic, where CNN didn't attend??? I'm just trying to understand the reasoning.

FF

acptulsa
09-12-2008, 10:13 AM
The funny thing about this, Ron Paul not wanting to be seen with another single third party candidate is, Ron Paul was on CNN with Wolf Blitzer with only Nader by his side. What's up with that?? I know he was promoting the third parties, but how is the CNN interview any different than the picnic, where CNN didn't attend??? I'm just trying to understand the reasoning.

FF

Ron Paul was trying to get all Americans, not just conservatives, to vote their consciences without regard to party with that press conference. All Americans, not just conservatives. He wanted to show that we the disaffected can band together to that degree. And Barr, miffed at not being singled out, completely obliterated that message.

The interview was not the press conference. In the interview, he and Nader made a nice point/counterpoint. For the press conference, Dr. Paul wanted to have all the candidates and get the message out without alienating anyone by showing a preference.

constituent
09-12-2008, 10:14 AM

bob fannie and freddie are too big to fail barr was never a liberty candidate.

a misnomer at best.

constituent
09-12-2008, 10:15 AM

FF

shill it elsewhere.

you're trying to "understand" jack s* and you know it.

bob barr was wrong. ron paul went out on a limb for what is/was right and the candy tried to saw it out from under him, end of story.

fr33domfightr
09-12-2008, 10:49 AM
shill it elsewhere.

you're trying to "understand" jack s* and you know it.

bob barr was wrong. ron paul went out on a limb for what is/was right and the candy tried to saw it out from under him, end of story.

You don't know me!

I said PICNIC!!

Hello, that's PICNIC, NOT PRESS CONFERENCE. I suggest you READ before you spout your clueless rhetoric. :rolleyes:

Not wanting to be seen alone with one candidate for the reasons stated just doesn't make sense if you are seen with someone, somewhere else. On the surface it seems hypocritical, so I just want someone from the CFL to explain this.

FF

constituent
09-12-2008, 10:56 AM
You don't know me!

...and if i'm really lucky, we'll keep it that way!

I said PICNIC!!

Hello, that's PICNIC, NOT PRESS CONFERENCE.

You're so wonky that you've gotten caught up in the events of events at events...

It's sad really.

I suggest you READ before you spout your clueless rhetoric. :rolleyes:

I suggest you pull your head out of Bob Barr's ass, and spare us your clueless rhetoric.

Not wanting to be seen alone with one candidate for the reasons stated just doesn't make sense if you are seen with someone, somewhere else.

You pathetic wonky retard.

"I don't care who she's fuckin'"

(if that seems to be coming at you from the blue, it merely proves my point)

On the surface it seems hypocritical.

No, you're just expending too much energy analyzing trivial nonsense to serve some agenda, no doubt.

Nirvikalpa
09-12-2008, 11:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6qqoGrgE0s

"Kill and defeat evil!"

"I'm not an isolationist. An isolationist if a fool."

"You find them, you go after them."

acptulsa
09-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Not wanting to be seen alone with one candidate for the reasons stated just doesn't make sense if you are seen with someone, somewhere else. On the surface it seems hypocritical, so I just want someone from the CFL to explain this.

FF

Well, you know, Nader and Paul are definitely on opposite sides of whatever aisle you care to mention. And the press does just love to pull in people with different takes on the same subject. In short, did he in any way endorse, promote or even much validate Nader on that show? And would not have shaking Barr's hand at the picnic (there were a lot of cameras there, including mine) have been quite different indeed from whatever collegiate handshake he may or may not have shared with Nader in the studio?

Paulitician
09-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I heard a long interview of Bob Barr recently and he sounds just like your regular Republican. I knew I wasn't going to vote for Barr from the start but that just sealed the deal. Also, I took a presidential match test @ on the issues and Cynthia Mckinney was at the top of the list and Barr was like 3rd or 4th. WTH?

Also, cool video about the Lib party and Barr: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncp8-MEI3cg

Knightskye
09-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Also, I took a presidential match test @ on the issues and Cynthia Mckinney was at the top of the list and Barr was like 3rd or 4th. WTH?

I took that quiz. The answers are tricky. OnTheIssues hides the meaning. You have to click the question to find out what the answers mean before questioning (you're not forced to, but they're manipulating your opinion.)

I took the quiz (after finding out what "Strongly Support, Support, Neutral, Strongly Oppose, Oppose" meant for each question).

Baldwin was first, about 5% higher than Barr. But Barr would have been higher if OnTheIssues used accurate, more current information.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2008, 05:30 PM

That's how xtians act. :)