PDA

View Full Version : I made a VOTE PACT with my mom

Dojo
09-10-2008, 09:20 AM
THIS IS WHAT THIS IS ABOUT....... we have been arguing for weeks now, who will be the lesser of two evils, I say the REPS, she says the DEMS.

We have agreed, that since we will cancel out each others vote, we can both promise to vote 3rd party

I will write in Ron Pauls name......................

There people this is how we show numbers................Get it yet?

homah
09-10-2008, 09:22 AM
This is an interesting idea. Off to find a dissatisfied Democrat to make a pact with...

ShowMeLiberty
09-10-2008, 09:26 AM
This is an interesting idea. Off to find a dissatisfied Democrat to make a pact with...

I like this idea. :)

My best friend always voted Democrat before I got her interested in Ron Paul. Now she's unhappy with both major party candidates. Hmmm, maybe I can get her to do one of these pacts.

jonathans
09-10-2008, 09:27 AM
bump

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Are vote pacts legal?

jonathans
09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Do you think it is important to "pact" with someone you trust for this to work?
Because it will be hard for me to find someone voting DEM and even if I did, how do I know they will follow through?

ShowMeLiberty
09-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Are vote pacts legal?

Why wouldn't they be?

Do you think it is important to "pact" with someone you trust for this to work?
Because it will be hard for me to find someone voting DEM and even if I did, how do I know they will follow through?

Definitely someone you trust. There is no way to truly verify, so it has to be someone you feel pretty confident won't cave at the last minute.

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Why wouldn't they be?

I know that selling a vote is illegal...so I wonder if having some sort of pact is illegal. Not that it would be enforcable...

JoshLowry
09-10-2008, 09:50 AM
bump

Dojo
09-10-2008, 09:54 AM
My mom supported Ron Paul, but didn't wanted to "Throw away" her vote on a third party, since we both would then support different sides, and clearly saw we would cancel each other out anyway.......we agreed to go 3rd........

I trust my mom. Find another Ron Paul supporter that would vote different than you

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 09:58 AM
My mom supported Ron Paul, but didn't wanted to "Throw away" her vote on a third party, since we both would then support different sides, and clearly saw we would cancel each other out anyway.......we agreed to go 3rd........

I trust my mom. Find another Ron Paul supporter that would vote different than you

Just keep finding Ron Paul supporters!

NoPants
09-10-2008, 10:24 AM
This isn't just a good idea, it's an easy sell. You don't just talk to Ron Paul supporters (although they're likely to be the easiest to convince) you talk to your friends, family and coworkers. The most important thing about the concept is it's a personal agreement between two people. You need there to be some type of relationship already existing between the two people for the trust factor. Or, you can create a relationship on the spot by a mutual agreement to honor the pact, something you reinforce by mentioning the lack of honor in today's politics and how not honoring it as agreed would make you as bad as those politicians...

I think a card or form of some type could be created where people could exchange information (names, phone numbers, emails...) and keep it in their wallets as a reminder of their pact. If we create something like this we can print them off (or have them printed cheap as business cards) to carry with us to create pacts between mutual friends and coworkers when we are out and interacting socially. Thoughts?

Forgot to add this: http://www.votepact.org/about/ It has some great information about the concept and good speaking points you can use.

I also wrote this article (http://www.enzain.com/) yesterday about the same idea and you can use points from it when talking to others.

Dojo
09-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Bump

jonathans
09-10-2008, 10:59 AM
just had a thought,
if person A and B create a pact, what prevents person A from making pacts with other's?
Only honor.
When the pact is made, it should be agreed to that they will not make pact with another.

I'm probably just pointing out the obvious. I really like the idea. Just wondering where I can find Obama voters I can trust. :)