PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Barr?

jillian
09-10-2008, 08:34 AM
The guy couldn't make it to the press conference or what?

Sorry if this has been posted but I haven't seen it addressed.

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Perhaps the barr was raised too high for his liking?

Dorfsmith
09-10-2008, 08:35 AM
He better have a good excuse. :mad:

nullvalu
09-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Nader just said "he's on board", but I call BS.. why isn't he there..

acptulsa
09-10-2008, 08:36 AM
I can't help but think he's trying to kill the LP. Can't prove it, but something sure smells.

Dorfsmith
09-10-2008, 08:38 AM
He may have just lost my vote.

amy31416
09-10-2008, 08:40 AM
This was a great opportunity for Barr, he should have made every effort to be there. The only excuse is if something went awry with his flight or transportation.

jillian
09-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Nader just said "he's on board", but I call BS.. why isn't he there..

absolutely! Maybe he got cold feet and decided he didn't want to be a part of the fringe candidates....:rolleyes:

This NPC is awesome! I'm so pleased to hear these men speaking out. Disappointed that Mr. Barr is a no-show, quite disrepespectful, if you ask me.

I was on the fence about Obama but now I'm voting 3rd party.

JS4Pat
09-10-2008, 08:41 AM
He better have a good excuse. :mad:

Doubt he has an acceptable excuse.

He should have been there.

He just lost a lot of respect in my book...

Original_Intent
09-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Barr is holding his own press conference later today....hmmmmm

KewlRonduderules
09-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Think about it... This guy voted for the Patriot Act and voted for the Iraq War. All of a sudden he is pro-Constitution and running for president as a libertarian? Now he is absent from this conference?

IMVHO, he was a stooge for the establishment. I never considered once voting for him. I am still writing in Ron Paul in November.

ladyjade3
grrrr..... Barr should be there.

MsDoodahs
I get the feeling the LP is pretty much nothing but controlled opposition at this point. Their goal is to channel any resistance to the two party system by being there as the "third party" when in reality, they've become part of the one party system.

Barr did not sign the agreement.

Really just confirms for me that that org is totally worthless.

Kochtopus bought 'em, because so many involved with it were willing to sell their souls.

Dorfsmith
Barr better have something good to say. I don't like Nader but at least he's on the AZ ballot and he showed up to this press conference. Never thought I'd say it but my protest vote may go to nader :o

jemartinsen81
I respect Bob Barr for choosing not to appear together with the likes of Nader and McKinney.

ClayTrainor
09-10-2008, 08:45 AM
I respect Bob Barr for choosing not to appear together with the likes of Nader and McKinney.

Doesnt sound like you really understand Ron Paul's message...

Pete
"Evil of two lessers". :)

Go get 'em, Chuck.

mmink15

There is a time to put petty differences aside to fight for the larger cause. This is that time.

jemartinsen81
09-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Doesnt sound like you really understand Ron Paul's message...

If the message entails compromise with evil, I'm not interested to.

Melissa

You respect someone for not showing up how weird. I would respect him more if he came and at least said something.

If you respect this act then there is no problem that Obama and McCain don't want to go where these guys are....that is part of the problem we need to hear all sides

nullvalu
Wow, Baldwin sure is on a role now! GO MAN! :D

ClayTrainor
09-10-2008, 08:48 AM
If the message entails compromise with evil, I'm not interested to.

oh, give me a f'in break.

These people are trying to give third parties a chance in the election. We are all on the same page here.

McKinney is damn near communist but, she is not evil, her philosophical view is just wildly different than ours.

She represents people, she should be heard in a debate, just like dr. paul

amy31416
09-10-2008, 08:49 AM
I get the feeling the LP is pretty much nothing but controlled opposition at this point. Their goal is to channel any resistance to the two party system by being there as the "third party" when in reality, they've become part of the one party system.

Kochtopus bought 'em, because so many involved with it were willing to sell their souls.

God damn it.

Hopefully Baldwin is on the ballot in my state.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2008, 08:49 AM
grrrr..... Barr should be there.

Not a surprise to those suspicious of Barr and the LP in the first place.

liberteebell
09-10-2008, 08:50 AM

Oh please! Do you not see the point of this whole exercise?

If we don't build broad coalitions based on areas of agreement, while setting aside areas of disagreement (or personality differences) we'll never get anywhere.

The only person with whom I agree 100% is myself, and even then, I continually examine my beliefs.

It's a shame Barr wasn't there and I think he damaged the LP by not being there.

Johnnybags
09-10-2008, 08:51 AM
to Paul and quit if unless he has a good excuse, pathetic no show? Looking for his own free press and platform? He made it to the c4l no problem in the lobby.

dvdrink
09-10-2008, 08:52 AM
I agree... I support Barr, but he better have a REALLY good excuse for committing to this and then not showing up.

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 08:53 AM

...and Baldwin and Paul?

Dorfsmith
09-10-2008, 08:54 AM
I am super close to pulling off my Bob Barr bumper sticker :mad:

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 08:54 AM

Do it! Do it!!

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Think about it... This guy voted for the Patriot Act and voted for the Iraq War. All of a sudden he is pro-Constitution and running for president as a libertarian? Now he is absent from this conference?

IMVHO, he was a stooge for the establishment. I never considered once voting for him. I am still writing in Ron Paul in November.

He is also CIA. It was in the 70's, but there is no reason to believe he is no longer one of their assets.

Dorfsmith
09-10-2008, 08:56 AM
I'll wait until Bob holds his press conference and if he doesn't say Ron Paul is his new VP the sticker goes :D

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 08:56 AM
I'll wait until Bob holds his press conference and if he doesn't say Ron Paul is his new VP the sticker goes :D

Ha, ha! Get ready to rip!! ;)

liberteebell
09-10-2008, 08:58 AM
barr should just hand over the reigns to paul and quit if unless he has a good excuse, pathetic no show? Looking for his own free press and platform? He made it to the c4l no problem in the lobby.

+2008

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 09:00 AM
He has his own press conference. Jeez. You guys act like he's being a jerk.

Pete
09-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Major points to McKinney for her remarks about foreign policy.

acptulsa

He's being a jerk.

I will admit, however, that we'll have to wait until his press conference to see just how big a jerk.

MsDoodahs

Uh.....he IS being a jerk.

On a positive note...it's good that he's revealed himself to a few more.

:)

Pete
Will Barr's conference be televised?

amy31416
09-10-2008, 09:03 AM
He's being a jerk.

I will admit, however, that we'll have to wait until his press conference to see just how big a jerk.

That's pretty much my take on it too.

nullvalu
09-10-2008, 09:04 AM

Why couldn't he attend both? Isn't it at the same place?

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Why couldn't he attend both? Isn't it at the same place?

What kind of strategy would backstabbing Ron Paul be?

Brandon
09-10-2008, 09:08 AM

I'm about to burn my LP membership card. :mad: :(

nullvalu
09-10-2008, 09:09 AM
What kind of strategy would backstabbing Ron Paul be?

What are you talking about? backstabbing.... Barr is supposedly in complete agreement with Ron Paul's statements.. so why not attend attend RP's and his own? Surely it's understandable that Barr had another event planned and would not want to cancel it. He had a chance to win me over today, and if I liked what he had to say I would have stayed tuned for his event.

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 09:12 AM
What are you talking about? backstabbing.... Barr is supposedly in complete agreement with Ron Paul's statements.. so why not attend attend RP's and his own? Surely it's understandable that Barr had another event planned and would not want to cancel it. He had a chance to win me over today, and if I liked what he had to say I would have stayed tuned for his event.

Dr Paul looked surprised and confused when Barr was not present...

austin356
09-10-2008, 09:12 AM
I've been told that Ron is highly pissed about Barr backing out...

www.UnitedLiberty.org

RCA
09-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Baldwin for the win.

Maybe Ron did this as an indirect way of endorsement to see who's in and who's not.

nullvalu
09-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Dr Paul looked surprised and confused when Barr was not present...

Oh, sorry - I was thinking you were being cynical in your statement before. We are in agreement. :D

amy31416

www.UnitedLiberty.org

I wouldn't be surprised, but who told you that?

nullvalu
Baldwin for the win.

+1 (vote)

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 09:15 AM

www.UnitedLiberty.org

Okay, no one in their right mind would incur the wrath of Ron Paul.

Guess that leaves out Bob Barr...

mrchubbs
09-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Simmer down people.

You are hanging Barr before even giving him a chance to speak. Sounds like something the major parties like to do.

I think Barr should have been there too, but maybe he is continuing to campaign in his own rather shrewd way. I was cringing at some of the statements made during the press conference by the candidates. Not necessarily because I disagree with them, but because of how they were likely perceived by the media in the room.

Like it or not when it comes to media, perception is reality.

As Nader indicated he fully supports the vote alternative sentiment of the press conference. Barr has an ego. Maybe he didn't want to share the stage with some of the candidates who he disagrees with on the issues and aren't even registering in the national polls?

Who knows... I suppose we'll know more after he actually speaks on the topic.

Enjoy.

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 09:16 AM
That Russia TV reporter asked a question that she said was for "all of the candidates", but then after McKinney answered, I think Benton said they were over time. Maybe there wasn't enough time for Barr to speak.

I'm about to burn my LP membership card.

September join date and you have five posts. Troll much?

CasualApathy
09-10-2008, 09:17 AM
I never liked Bob Barr, this confirms my instincts were correct. He is a tool working for the powers that be.

nullvalu
09-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Who knows... I suppose we'll know more after he actually speaks on the topic.

Enjoy.

Yep, I'll reserve my complete disgust and ridicule until after his conference. ;)

MsDoodahs
09-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Simmer down people.

You are hanging Barr before even giving him a chance to speak.

Nice try. Fails.

Barr hung himself.

He revealed himself to plenty of people.

Sure, he'll still get some support, but make no mistake: Barr hung himself.

SLSteven
Yep, I'll reserve my complete disgust and ridicule until after his conference. ;)

Who says he will show up to his conference. He must have been in an auto accident or something...

acptulsa
I think Barr should have been there too, but maybe he is continuing to campaign in his own rather shrewd way. I was cringing at some of the statements made during the press conference by the candidates. Not necessarily because I disagree with them, but because of how they were likely perceived by the media in the room.

Like it or not when it comes to media, perception is reality.

As Nader indicated he fully supports the vote alternative sentiment of the press conference. Barr has an ego. Maybe he didn't want to share the stage with some of the candidates who he disagrees with on the issues and aren't even registering in the national polls?

Division. As in divide and conquer. If Barr doesn't see what Paul was trying to do here and make a show of unity, then he's either an enemy agent or an idiot. And if he promised to show, that does tend to indicate the former, does it not?

His excuses had better be damned good. I doubt they'll satisfy me. Actions speak louder than words.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2008, 09:20 AM
I never liked Bob Barr, this confirms my instincts were correct. He is a tool working for the powers that be.

Bingo!

ShowMeLiberty
Baldwin for the win.

Maybe Ron did this as an indirect way of endorsement to see who's in and who's not.

Ron is pretty savvy that way - I think you may be on to something. I know my perspective changed today. ;)

LibertyEagle
I'll wait and see what he has to say, but it's not looking very good.

homah
09-10-2008, 09:21 AM
What time is Barr's conference? Will it be streaming online? I will try to reserve judgment until then.

Knightskye
Who says he will show up to his conference. He must have been in an auto accident or something...

Or the cabin in his plane might have depressurized and they had to make an emergency landing.

"God damn it! Why wasn't Ron Paul here to be the only guy to vote against this aviation safety bill!?"

:rolleyes:

Falseflagop
Ron is pretty savvy that way - I think you may be on to something. I know my perspective changed today. ;)

Like when Jesus got JUDAS (Barr) singled out, nice call I tend to agree

specsaregood
09-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Maybe he didn't want to share the stage with some of the candidates who he disagrees with on the issues and aren't even registering in the national polls?

So your theory is that he didn't want to share the stage with minor candidates. Interesting. So basically B.Barr has the same attitude as the candidates of the major parties, the only problem is HE wants to be one of the two elite candidates. You are suggesting he doesn't want more freedom and choice, he just wants to be part of the selected group?

SnappleLlama
Or the cabin in his plane might have depressurized and they had to make an emergency landing.

"God damn it! Why wasn't Ron Paul here to be the only guy to vote against this aviation safety bill!?"

:rolleyes:

Ha, ha :D

Captain Bryan
He did this to end the division between the Libertarian party and the Constitutional Party. :)

MsDoodahs
09-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Actions speak louder than words.

Indeed, they do.

Remember this when some here try to make excuses for Barr and have you overlook his long and illustrious history...

CIA...voting for the Patriot Act...voting for the war....not signing the agreement today....not showing for the conference....

Barr and the LP are worthless. That's where TPTB WANT to herd you into ... so you're not a threat.

See through it.

Don't be fooled again.

RCA

http://www.libertystickers.com/product/baldwin-2008/

speciallyblend
I can't help but think he's trying to kill the LP. Can't prove it, but something sure smells.

well it worked i lost all respect for the lp today as well as any i had for barr.....

The LP has one solution in the next hour RON PAUL,someone better makes some dam calls;)

frustrated voter sigh

Sandra
09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't mean to rub it in, but looky at my new bumper sticker (see avatar).

notsure
09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
"Shill"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services or a political group, who pretends no association to the seller/group and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services or support the political group's ideological claims. Shills are often employed by confidence artists. In the UK the term plant is also used.

PatriotOne
09-10-2008, 09:30 AM
I have never trusted Bob Barr and have always felt he was working for the enemy and has been used to infiltrate the LP to neutralize them. It's something I just cannot shake. He has done nothing to make me think otherwise and this only confirms my take on him. And I still suspect he is related to William Barr (Shrub Sr's Attorney General) and they have both been CIA trained by the enemy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Barr_(politician)

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Nice one, Sandra! :)

LJHudd
09-10-2008, 09:32 AM
don't care about any excuses... Barr should have been there. In my opinion, him not being there was a way of showing support for the Democrats and Republicans. He was too proud to be associated with all the candidates that are 'challenging the status quo?'

something smells here... unless of course Barr's press conference has some earth shattering announcement itself.

RPDelegate
09-10-2008, 09:33 AM
At what time will Barr speak. Does anyone know?

And I wasn't aware that Barr was everyone alternative choice over RP. I liked what I heard from Baldwin.

acptulsa
09-10-2008, 09:33 AM
I don't mean to rub it in, but looky at my new bumper sticker (see avatar).

I would cuss you for rubbing it in, but I well remember how y'all got disenfranchised during the primary. Pro Life/Pro Family indeed!! So, hey, congratulations! Y'all go for it!

Dorfsmith
09-10-2008, 09:34 AM
http://www.libertystickers.com/product/baldwin-2008/

I so wish Baldwin was on the Arizona ballot :(

apropos
09-10-2008, 09:38 AM
If Barr won't stand with us here, it tells me he'll be sitting on his hands if he won. I've decided to vote Baldwin - I want someone who shows up.

rajibo
09-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Barr is also not listed on the "We Agree" statement from the Campaign for Liberty site:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=484

He very well may have lost my vote today. Although both him and Baldwin are in court to get on the ballot in PA.:(

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Barr is also not listed on the "We Agree" statement from the Campaign for Liberty site:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=484

He very well may have lost my vote today. Although both him and Baldwin are in court to get on the ballot in PA.:(

Hmm...interesting, indeed.

pacelli
09-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Is Barr dropping out or something?

SLSteven
09-10-2008, 09:40 AM
If Barr won't stand with us here, it tells me he'll be sitting on his hands if he won. I've decided to vote Baldwin - I want someone who shows up.

Eighty percent of success is showing up." -- Woody Allen

HOLLYWOOD
09-10-2008, 09:41 AM

Being Ex CIA, he should of known better...

BARR is just an Opportunist, that's all

nullvalu
09-10-2008, 09:43 AM

Thats the only reasonable explanation I would accept.

mrchubbs
09-10-2008, 09:45 AM
So your theory is that he didn't want to share the stage with minor candidates. Interesting. So basically B.Barr has the same attitude as the candidates of the major parties, the only problem is HE wants to be one of the two elite candidates. You are suggesting he doesn't want more freedom and choice, he just wants to be part of the selected group?

My thoughts/theory/whatever is not relevant. What Barr says at his own press conference is.

Your last statement to be accurate should be changed to read:

"You are suggesting that he does want more freedom and choice, he just wants to be part of the selected group?"

Yes, Barr has an ego. That is obvious. Perhaps he feels that sharing the stage with McKinney and Nader is a tacit endorsement of their policies. I don't know.

Maybe he's overcompensating on the side of principle nowadays after being ridiculed endlessly for changing his mind on the Patriot Act, etc..

After all he vehemently disagrees with McKinney and Nader on just about every issue except foreign policy and some civil liberties. Do you think that his campaign thought it would be a good thing to not show up at a Ron Paul sponsored event? Knowing full well the wrath of the supporters?

It is highly disingenuous for McKinney and Nader to get up there and talk about the Constitution like it is something they support in its entirety. What about Universal health care? Gun control laws?

I'm also disappointed that Barr did not think it was appropriate for him to speak at this event. Hopefully he can elaborate on his own support during his own press conference. I will still happily vote for Barr in November. There is no one else on the ballot who's positions I agree with more.

Perhaps Barr is taking a page out of Ron Paul's book by doing this. Paul said he could never support John McCain. Maybe Barr didn't want to show up and make it seem like he supports McKinney and Nader's socialism.

Enjoy.

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 09:51 AM

pretty much;)

BenMuldowney
09-10-2008, 09:52 AM
.....I'm also disappointed that Barr did not think it was appropriate for him to speak at this event. Hopefully he can elaborate on his own support during his own press conference. I will still happily vote for Barr in November. There is no one else on the ballot who's positions I agree with more.

Perhaps Barr is taking a page out of Ron Paul's book by doing this. Paul said he could never support John McCain. Maybe Barr didn't want to show up and make it seem like he supports McKinney and Nader's socialism.

Enjoy.

LOL... give it up, Judas Goat just killed your party's support for 08'. the LP should be furious with this creature.

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 09:53 AM
My thoughts/theory/whatever is not relevant. What Barr says at his own press conference is.

Your last statement to be accurate should be changed to read:

"You are suggesting that he does want more freedom and choice, he just wants to be part of the selected group?"

Yes, Barr has an ego. That is obvious. Perhaps he feels that sharing the stage with McKinney and Nader is a tacit endorsement of their policies. I don't know.

Maybe he's overcompensating on the side of principle nowadays after being ridiculed endlessly for changing his mind on the Patriot Act, etc..

After all he vehemently disagrees with McKinney and Nader on just about every issue except foreign policy and some civil liberties. Do you think that his campaign thought it would be a good thing to not show up at a Ron Paul sponsored event? Knowing full well the wrath of the supporters?

It is highly disingenuous for McKinney and Nader to get up there and talk about the Constitution like it is something they support in its entirety. What about Universal health care? Gun control laws?

I'm also disappointed that Barr did not think it was appropriate for him to speak at this event. Hopefully he can elaborate on his own support during his own press conference. I will still happily vote for Barr in November. There is no one else on the ballot who's positions I agree with more.

Enjoy.

well the only thing barr could say to have me vote the LP ticket is FOR BARR TO STEP DOWN AND RON PAUL to take the LP NOMINATION, so barr take your bs somewhere else , you have lost alot of colorado support today goodbye and good riddens..... more issues then todays no shows but helped alot of people decide real quick. barr you do not deserve my time or money....

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 09:56 AM
LOL... give it up, Judas Goat just killed your party's support for 08'. the LP should be furious with this creature.

before i became a republican for ron paul i was a 12 yr member of the LP, they really screwed up , i guess they do not need me or my vote ,since the lp is sooo huge already, barr and the lp are done in my eyes with my vote....

LP has 1 hr to drop barr and do something better but i know they will not...

Menthol Patch
09-10-2008, 09:57 AM
before i became a republican for ron paul i was a 12 yr member of the LP, they really screwed up , i guess they do not need me or my vote ,since the lp is sooo huge already, barr and the lp are done in my eyes with my vote....

LP has 1 hr to drop barr and do something better but i know they will not...

A few years ago the LP was taken over by neocons.

mrchubbs
09-10-2008, 09:58 AM

I'm not nor will I ever likely be a member of the Libertarian Party. I'm a liberty loving independent who believes in reason.

Enjoy

Menthol Patch
09-10-2008, 10:00 AM
The LP used to be "the party of principle" but a while back the platform was gutted and neocons took over.

Dorfsmith
09-10-2008, 10:01 AM
When is Bob's press conference? Isn't is happening right now? Any idea what he's saying?

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm not nor will I ever likely be a member of the Libertarian Party. I'm a liberty loving independent who believes in reason.

Enjoy

enjoy barrs worthless conference if he even shows

Mark
09-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Simmer down people.

Simma Down Now (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/15056/) ( http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/15056/ )

You are hanging Barr before even giving him a chance to speak.

No, this is after he had a chance to speak.

Maybe he didn't want to share the stage with some of the candidates who he disagrees with on the issues and aren't even registering in the national polls?

Nader polls higher than Barr.

And, Lord have mercy if Barr had been streamed on CNN this morning with a chance to spread his message and introduce himself to new voters. Shoot, he might have even saved himself the misfortune of making the news today if CNN reports about the conference. And, if any news ect picks up the printed statement, thank goodness Barr won't be mentioned. Stealth campaigning at it's best.

Anyone think CNN will broadcast Barr's "lone gun" news conference?

Menthol Patch
09-10-2008, 10:12 AM

The LP was taken over by neo-cons a while back.