PDA

View Full Version : Action Alert: MSM taking away RP's Doctorate Degree

Rhys
09-10-2008, 07:46 AM
The MSM is slowing but surly removing the Doctor from Dr. Ron Paul. What started as an error by few has turned into purpose by many. The repeated and knowing mistaken reference to "Mr. Paul" is an underhanded attempt to degrade his stature. Remember, one thing people like about him is that he is an OBGYN doctor. Now that the media is removing the Doctor from his name, and replacing it with Mister, he doesn't seem as prominent when addressed. This is intentional.

From now on, when you see or hear Dr. Paul referred to as Mr. Paul, show them how we shut down communications at news desks, political action offices and the like with massive barrages of phone calls and emails. When you can, ask for help from your friends and email list.

Dr. Paul will be forever Mister if we don't stop this now with a grassroots action.

Remind all those who would remove his doctorate that he can be properly referred to as:

Dr. Paul
Congressman Paul
Lt. Capt. Paul
Representative Paul
or
Republican Presidential Big Whig, Ron Paul

Dr. Paul will never correct the media as he is not one to say "I did not spend eight years in evil medical school to be called Mister, thank you very much."

Rhys
09-10-2008, 08:43 AM
pmub

gls
09-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Do you have any specific examples? I usually see him referred to as "Rep. Paul" or "Congressman Paul".

Oh, and I doubt he would consider medical school to be “evil”, at least compared to the institution where he now resides.

Rhys
09-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Do you have any specific examples? I usually see him referred to as "Rep. Paul" or "Congressman Paul".

Oh, and I doubt he would consider medical school to be “evil”, at least compared to the institution where he now resides.

here's one example because I'm reading it right now... wasn't hard to find because like I said... i just took the example from what i'm currently reading. that's how pervasive it is. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2c17d8f4-7ed2-11dd-b1af-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

also on Cavuto I remember it as well from last night and many many other times.

the 'evil' was a joke... a line from Austin Powers. :D

mkeller
09-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Here's another:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/02/the-ron-paul-show-live-from-minneapolis/?scp=2&sq=ron%20paul&st=cse

Only there someone corrected them, and they said they're going to keep calling him Mr. because he's not a practicing physician. :mad:

Printo
09-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Who cares? The MSM cant take away his MD. Dr. Paul probably doesnt care as to whether or not he is addressed as Doctor. Many of those who have doctorates are not addressed as Doctors. Im working on my Pharmacy Doctorate & I expect ZERO people to address me as Doctor. To the MSM he is a Congressman, not a Doctor.

Kade
09-10-2008, 09:21 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juris_Doctor

Rhys
09-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Who cares? The MSM cant take away his MD. Dr. Paul probably doesnt care as to whether or not he is addressed as Doctor. Many of those who have doctorates are not addressed as Doctors. Im working on my Pharmacy Doctorate & I expect ZERO people to address me as Doctor. To the MSM he is a Congressman, not a Doctor.

It's more important than you would think. It's about 'branding' and they're removing one of the best features of our most prominent brand ambassadors.

This is how they work... little bites and chew thoroughly. It's AKA 'the Rove Strategy' AKA 'Attack the opponent's strength'

Besides... the MSM is not who decides who is a doctor and who isn't. Congressmen get the title of Congressmen... doctorate degree recipients recieve the title of Doctor even after that doctor goes to congress.

They call Greenspan, Dr. Greenspan, right?

Edit: Juris Doctor is a lawyer.

Rhys
09-10-2008, 10:09 AM
bump

Indy Vidual
09-10-2008, 10:18 AM
What's up Doc? :)

A. Havnes
09-10-2008, 10:37 AM
I agree with Rhys. To intentionally remove "Dr." from his title, they are attempting to strip him down. I know it seems minor, but I actually think that this might be a good reason to bombard the MSM again. Let them know we're still out there and that we will still shut down their phones if they mess with us.

Rhys
09-10-2008, 04:06 PM
bump for CNN

Rhys
09-10-2008, 05:21 PM
i'm getting good at this bumping thing