PDA

View Full Version : How Bad is the economy going to get...

idiom
09-10-2008, 02:19 AM
This is what Ron Paul sees and what the media refuses to think about.

A discussion about the acquisition of Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac (http://www.charlierose.com/shows/2008/09/08/1/a-discussion-about-the-acquisition-of-fanny-mae-and-freddie-mac)

A discussion about the U.S. government's takeover of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac with Mohamed El-Erian, co-CEO co-CIO for PIMCO, Gretchen Morgenson, Floyd Norris both of The New York Times and Nouriel Roubini of New York University.

idiom
09-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Bump for Info

Indy Vidual
09-11-2008, 03:37 PM
The future loses are too big to even imagine. :eek:

HOLLYWOOD
09-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Just take a look at all the threads on the Liberty Forrest under Economic & Sound Money!

The bad part of this all...are 2 things:

We the People will PAY for ALL THIS & We will be left with an Oligarchy of a few MEGA RICH controlling houses, in bed with this Corporate Government

The People LOOSE TWICE!

Standing Like A Rock
09-11-2008, 05:10 PM
yea... we are going to plunge into a massive depression... the govt should just stop trying to temporarily fix everything which will lead to a COLOSSAL crash, and just let it have a smaller crash now so we can pick up the pieces easier and sooner... or course they wont admit they are wrong...

Indy Vidual
09-11-2008, 05:36 PM
This is what Ron Paul sees and what the media refuses to think about.

A discussion about the acquisition of Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac (http://www.charlierose.com/shows/2008/09/08/1/a-discussion-about-the-acquisition-of-fanny-mae-and-freddie-mac)

A discussion about the U.S. government's takeover of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac with Mohamed El-Erian, co-CEO co-CIO for PIMCO, Gretchen Morgenson, Floyd Norris both of The New York Times and Nouriel Roubini of New York University.
Charlie Rose is a very good interviewer. :)

zach
09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Can someone explain this Fannie and Freddie thing?

I don't understand it.

wirenut
09-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Can someone explain this Fannie and Freddie thing?

I don't understand it.

The government took over fannie and freddie which both of them combined hold about half of the US mortgages. They pretty much doubled the national debt by bailing them out. This really can't continue much longer with all these bail outs. The next bail out is lehman brothers.

Its really big mess thats only getting worse. Washington mutual is bank that needs help as well and if they go under the FDIC will need a bail out. Its a never ending mess.

freelance
09-11-2008, 07:22 PM
How bad is it going to get?

The country is bankrupt. They just haven't told you yet. They might let us know at the end of the fiscal year. That's September 30.

Just think for a moment about when they cut out all social services in favor of bailing out every "too big to fail" Tom, Dick and Harry. Think about the consequences. It's going to be one hell of a mess, and every semblance of life as we know it now will quickly become not much more than a memory.

CoreyNicholl
09-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Frank Moore is an independent candidate for President from California, with some very common sense solutions to this country's economic problems ... check out what is possible if we voted our dreams. Very practical and very possible!
see: http://www.frankmooreforpresident08.com/

-I’ll do away with welfare and social security. Instead, every American will receive a minimum income of $1,000 a month. This amount will be tied to the cost of living and will not be taxable.

-We will have universal prenatal-to-the-grave health care and universal free education with equal access.

-Compare my healthcare plan to those of John McCain, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama here.

-I’ll do away with all tax deductions for over $12,000 income. Instead, there will be a flat tax of 10% on annual income of less than one million dollars for an individual and less than five million dollars for a corporation. But the flat tax will jump to 75% on annual income exceeding these limits.

-I’ll cut the military budget by at least half.

-Public mass transit will be free, 24/7, and reliable.

-All patents and copyrights will expire in 20 years. Inventions, products, etc. which are developed with governmental money and/or public institutions can not be patented.

-All businesses selling their products in the U.S. will have to certify that their products were manufactured in accordance with this country’s labor, wage, environmental, and safety laws ... that they meet or exceed these ... no matter where they were produced.

-The minimum income and the minimum/livable wage, linked to the cost of living, will rise every time the congress members vote themselves a pay raise…will rise by the same percentage of their raise.

-We will use half of the money we will save by cutting the military budget to pay down the national debt. I will reduce the pollution caused by obscene corporate profits.

-I will also reduce the federal government while raising services to the people by getting rid of welfare, social security, the so-called war on drugs, etc., and by the cuts in the military, the I.R.S., prisons, etc.

Check out what Frank Moore has said about Ron Paul ...

http://www.frankmooreforpresident08.com/blog/2008/08/ron-paul.html

pinkmandy
09-11-2008, 08:38 PM
yea... we are going to plunge into a massive depression... the govt should just stop trying to temporarily fix everything which will lead to a COLOSSAL crash, and just let it have a smaller crash now so we can pick up the pieces easier and sooner... or course they wont admit they are wrong...

Do you think we've hit a point where a smaller crash isn't possible? I'm seriously asking, I don't know. :o

wirenut
09-11-2008, 09:07 PM
The main reason I believe our government bailed out fannie and freddie is that lots of other countries had massive amount of money invested in them since they were applied that there bonds were guarantee which they weren't. Japan and china has a lot of fannie and freddie crap. Russia got out of there fannie and freddie investments. It really is a mess and its only going to get worse. All of the emerging markets are near recession as well. Its going to be more of a global recession , depression.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/realestate/bal-te.bz.hancock08sep08,0,5723774.story

Standing Like A Rock
09-11-2008, 09:14 PM
basically the govt is bailing out companies "to big to fail"

or in other words, long live the massive corporations and screw the little guy.

cindy25
09-11-2008, 09:32 PM
its the Wal-Mart effect; cheap prices, low wages and sooner or later no one can afford to buy the goods they produce.

Henry Ford paid his workers enough so they could buy the cars, and other industries followed.