PDA

View Full Version : little confused ...we still own this election

scandinaviany3
09-10-2008, 12:18 AM
What is interesting if one looks at the polls...

The ron paul movement has all the cards....

We and only our group is not aligned in big number with mccain and obama.

That means what we say goes...

So i say...lets take a look at these state predictions...

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Looks like the following states :

Washington
Nevada
Montana
ND
SD
CO
PA
OH
IN
VA
NC

need some shaking up otherwise.

Probably if enough of these states are "swung" no one will win.

ITs really too bad we couldnt have a giant exodus protest vote in the states in which this would make a difference right now

Like Washington, Nevada, Montana

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 01:08 AM
What is interesting if one looks at the polls...

The ron paul movement has all the cards....

We and only our group is not aligned in big number with mccain and obama.

That means what we say goes...

So i say...lets take a look at these state predictions...

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Looks like the following states :

Washington
Nevada
Montana
ND
SD
CO
PA
OH
IN
VA
NC

need some shaking up otherwise.

Probably if enough of these states are "swung" no one will win.

ITs really too bad we couldnt have a giant exodus protest vote in the states in which this would make a difference right now

Like Washington, Nevada, Montana

They have to get a majority of electoral votes. We just have to make that... not happen. But then Congress chooses the president, I think. And they're mostly Democrats.

Well, we just might see how that works. Let's get to it!

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-10-2008, 06:33 AM
We don't own shit. Our next President will be either Obama or McCain, who both work for the same people. It's irrelevant which one wins. It's a win-win situation for the Establishment.

speciallyblend
09-10-2008, 06:38 AM
We don't own shit. Our next President will be either Obama or McCain, who both work for the same people. It's irrelevant which one wins. It's a win-win situation for the Establishment.

sad but true, after todays announcement ,we will be back to 49/48% with no mention of 3rd parties let alone Ron Paul, god it disgusts me.......

wish it would snow already ,so i can get lost in the mtns and try to forget all this corruption in the GOP:( i have never been more disgusted to even say I'm a republican...ashamed i am

acptulsa
09-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it seems to me the theory here is that it takes a majority of the electoral college--i.e. fifty point whatever percent--to be elected president. If I remember correctly, it simply takes a majority in the electoral college--i.e. more than anyone else. So, we can't hamstring anything.

Sure would like to beat Perot and get someone third party more than one in five votes, though...

slacker921
09-10-2008, 06:43 AM
There are some crazy ideas out there.. http://www.titlemike.ws/McCain

but either way these sorts of things would still just help get either Obama or McCain elected which isn't such a hot deal.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-10-2008, 07:14 AM

Agreed.

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it seems to me the theory here is that it takes a majority of the electoral college--i.e. fifty point whatever percent--to be elected president. If I remember correctly, it simply takes a majority in the electoral college--i.e. more than anyone else. So, we can't hamstring anything.

Sure would like to beat Perot and get someone third party more than one in five votes, though...

Even if that were to happen, and Congress had to become involved, it would still end up being Obama or McCain. Heads they win, tails we lose. Focus on the congressional seats where we have a chance of gaining some ground.

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-10-2008, 07:22 AM
sad but true, after todays announcement ,we will be back to 49/48% with no mention of 3rd parties let alone Ron Paul, god it disgusts me.......

wish it would snow already ,so i can get lost in the mtns and try to forget all this corruption in the GOP:( i have never been more disgusted to even say I'm a republican...ashamed i am

Only a few months and the pow pow will be deep. Hang in there! :cool:

Mortikhi
09-10-2008, 07:30 AM
There's only a million of us and, as we already know, a good number of the million cave at the slightest challenge.

I don't think our numbers will mean much. Too many have defected.

acptulsa
09-10-2008, 07:35 AM
There's only a million of us and, as we already know, a good number of the million cave at the slightest challenge.

I don't think our numbers will mean much. Too many have defected.

I can't claim that I hold hope in this election. However, we have made a big enough splash this year that all we have to do in 2010 and 2012 to get people on our side. And if we keep at it in the meantime, we'll have more experienced candidates to try to promote from lesser offices (the biggest and best victory from this year).

We just need to keep our feet moving. Momentum really is a wonderful thing. Just please don't stop. Defections, caving in and/or giving up doesn't stop a person from looking back over the next four years and saying, "We wouldn't be having this new problem right now if..." There is our key.