09-09-2008, 08:23 PM
53% reporting, 70-30 against Steve

Cowlesy
09-09-2008, 08:44 PM
damn.

all aboard the failboat, again. :(

mCsenget
09-09-2008, 09:29 PM
I went to the rally in DC. It was SO HOT there and I walked around all day with a back pack, continuously drinking water.

Eventually in the afternoon Ron Paul spoke and when he was done I immediately turned around to leave. I was sunburnt and extremely tired.

As I am walking away from the Capitol building, I see a man standing in a suit with a smile on his face an his hand extended with a pamphlet in it.

It's Steve Vasquez.

TALK ABOUT HARD WORK!

I have so much respect for him, going to DC when you're running for Congress in one NY district.

Well, good for him. 30% means he put up a fight. I wish I could have voted for him too.

SaratogaForRonPaul
09-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Well, I just came home after our victory party. Yes, victory party. Even though we didn't win the primary, we have won a big leap for the Ron Paul revolution. In this district Ron Paul won about 7-8% in the Presidential Primary. In our campaign with the same message, we won 30% of the vote. We are gaining momentum across the country and this is just the beginning.

In this race we raised and spent about $15,000. Our opponent spent over $160,000 and only received twice as many votes. Elections can be won with less, as long as the message is true and you follow the principles that makes America great, the Constitution.

People, we not only enduring, we are growing. You can not let small defeats stop you from continuing to spread the message. Truth ultimately will always prevail, its is up to us to stay true to our principles and overcome those who stand in the way.

Everyone rejoice, we are just starting.

Bryan
09-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Well, I just came home after our victory party. Yes, victory party. Even though we didn't win the primary, we have won a big leap for the Ron Paul revolution. In this district Ron Paul won about 7-8% in the Presidential Primary. In our campaign with the same message, we won 30% of the vote. We are gaining momentum across the country and this is just the beginning.

In this race we raised and spent about $15,000. Our opponent spent over $160,000 and only received twice as many votes. Elections can be won with less, as long as the message is true and you follow the principles that makes America great, the Constitution.

People, we not only enduring, we are growing. You can not let small defeats stop you from continuing to spread the message. Truth ultimately will always prevail, its is up to us to stay true to our principles and overcome those who stand in the way.

What a great message. Thank you for all your efforts, and for keeping us here informed.

TER
09-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Great work! When I saw the results, I said to myself, 30%? Thats awesome! We more than tripled in just a few months!!!

ronpaulhawaii
09-09-2008, 10:29 PM

<applauds>

amy31416
09-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Okay, 30% isn't bad, but let's raise our standards, eh? Let's fucking win something.

BJ just might have a real shot at this, can we at least unite and give it a go? I'm begging here.

Imperial
09-10-2008, 04:23 AM
Okay, 30% isn't bad, but let's raise our standards, eh? Let's fucking win something.

BJ just might have a real shot at this, can we at least unite and give it a go? I'm begging here

Its not like they planned to get 30%...

Vasquez was one of the bigger races we were running in. The fact we had a viable shot will have to suffice here.

Look, BJ Lawson is great, but we can't just ignore every other opportunity.

Primaries (for office other than president) were held on September 9 in Delaware, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia.

I know Dean Barkley is running for the Minnesota Independence Party, but anyone else who is independent or liberty minded that we know of?

SnappleLlama
09-10-2008, 06:09 AM

QFT.

tekkierich
09-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Its not like they planned to get 30%...

Vasquez was one of the bigger races we were running in. The fact we had a viable shot will have to suffice here.

I know Dean Barkley is running for the Minnesota Independence Party, but anyone else who is independent or liberty minded that we know of?

There are many. I have won the Republican primary and will be in the general against a neo-con incumbent democrat in November. My race needs help. Please see my website richardmatthews.org (http://richardmatthews.org)

DRV45N05
09-10-2008, 02:57 PM

Sure. But B.J. is darned promising.

SaratogaForRonPaul
09-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Here is an interesting analysis of the race:

The number of votes versus the amount each candidate spent on th race.

Democrats
Tonko - 14K, $193.5K
Brooks - 11K $437.3K
Steck - 7K $284.3K
Shanifar - 3.8K $129.3K
Sullivan - ??, ??

Republicans
Buhrmaster - 7.6K, $171K
Vasquez - 3.4K, $12.7K

If you divide it by the amounts spent on the FEC disbursements: http://fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/HSRefreshCandList.do?category=disH&stateName=NY&congressId=21, this is how much each candidate spent on each voter and how effective their message was.

Tonko - $13.82 per voter
Brooks - $39.75 per voter
Steck - $40.61 per voter
Shanifar - $34.03 per voter
Sullivan - $0 per voter

Buhrmaster - $22.50 per voter
Vasquez - $3.74 per voter

A candidates campaign reflects how effective they would be in Congress, and how much they are willing to spend other people's money (taxpayers) to get results.