PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Paul to announce presidential endorsement plans

freelance
09-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Forgive me if this is buried in another topic, but here's the latest on the press conference tomorrow:

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/09/paul-to-announce-presidential-endorsement-plans/

Knightskye
09-09-2008, 05:35 PM
So he's endorsing all four third parties.

Hahahaha. He can't anger anybody if he does that. What a smart guy. :D

MRoCkEd
09-09-2008, 05:36 PM
endorse everyone but mcabamaaaaa

OhioMichael
09-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Digg it up:

http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_to_Endorse_4_Presidential_Candidates

:cool:

Knightskye
09-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Digg it up:

http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_to_Endorse_4_Presidential_Candidates

:cool:

Whatever he does, he makes history. Lmao. :D

Dugg.

jacmicwag
09-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh well, so much for that burning fire that was starting to get stoked back up. Back to smoldering embers for another 4 years.

ClayTrainor
09-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh well, so much for that burning fire that was starting to get stoked back up. Back to smoldering embers for another 4 years.

I hear ya :(

But, i know i set myself up for disappointment.

This is good news, but hardly a MAJOR announcement, although RP could still be holding something up his sleeve for tommorrow :)

Bruno
09-09-2008, 05:54 PM
He should have just said, "I'll be offering my endorsement tomorrow" and let them sit and wonder. would have been bigger news.

But hey, its easier to play Monday morning QB.

Wendi
09-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Wait - where did CNN get this information?

HOLLYWOOD
09-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow, you mean, CNN freely posted a report about the 3rd party Presidential candidates and Ron Paul, without having to pay them?

Amazing Simply Amazing..

But did you notice that CNN removed the comments sections... at least they know Independent/Ron Paul Supporters. CNN doesn't want too many hits prior to the press conference.

ShowMeLiberty
09-09-2008, 06:24 PM
I hear ya :(

But, i know i set myself up for disappointment.

This is good news, but hardly a MAJOR announcement, although RP could still be holding something up his sleeve for tommorrow :)

I'm still holding out hope for an ace up his sleeve tomorrow. I just don't see any point in calling it "unprecedented" and "historic" if there isn't something more they're holding back.

We'll see.

Micah Dardar
09-09-2008, 06:32 PM
I don't think that telling me to choose from those four candidates would be such a major announcement. They are the four candidates that I would choose from anyway. The major thing about all of these candidates is that they tell the TRUTH. Even Bob Barr isn't a weasel like McBama.

I hope that they see the dire need of our country and unify into one ticket. Cynthia McKinney would definitely make a much prettier and nicer Condoleeza Rice. Plus, I just trust that group together as a team to lead our country. I guess that we will see how patriotic they all really are.

We have come together from the left and the right to save our lives and freedoms. With us united, the tree of liberty may flourish again!

ItsTime
09-09-2008, 06:32 PM
If this is it its not historic or even that great. sigh

Paulitical Correctness
09-09-2008, 06:33 PM
The phrase "Paul to announce endorsement plans" must've been spoken on one of the CNN's, or a radio show perhaps. My father knows I'm a RP fanatic so he called me earlier while I was in class to tell me "Ron Paul's about to endorse McCain, it's on CNN if you want to watch."

Epitome of sheeple. I'd almost forgotten how absurd it is that people gobble shit up like the MSM is the allseeingallknowinggeniusbrainoftheuniverse.

:mad:

BenMuldowney
09-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm still holding out hope for an ace up his sleeve tomorrow. I just don't see any point in calling it "unprecedented" and "historic" if there isn't something more they're holding back.

We'll see.

as much as i love Ron Paul i dislike the people around him. they ran a miserable campaign. i still shudder when i think back to that first commercial they wasted good money on.

jesse benton rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning. it was almost like they wanted to fail.... which they did. the success of Ron Paul came from Ron and you guys on the internet.... the paid staff always let me down.

which brings me to my point.... anything less than Ron Paul announcing a third party run is anti-climatic. i'm sure whatever Ron has planned tomorrow is great but it will fall short of Jesse Benton's hyped press release.

people ..... we have a fractured bone sticking out of our leg and they are headed to 7/11 to buy bactine and band aids.

MRoCkEd
09-09-2008, 06:43 PM
The teaser should've been more like:

Ron Paul to make important announcement tomorrow:
Though it's not a third-party run, it's a very substantial announcement about the fall election and the failure of the two-party system.

ShowMeLiberty
09-09-2008, 06:47 PM
as much as i love Ron Paul i dislike the people around him. they ran a miserable campaign. i still shudder when i think back to that first commercial they wasted good money on.

jesse benton rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning. it was almost like they wanted to fail.... which they did. the success of Ron Paul came from Ron and you guys on the internet.... the paid staff always let me down.

which brings me to my point.... anything less than Ron Paul announcing a third party run is anti-climatic. i'm sure whatever Ron has planned tomorrow is great but it will fall short of Jesse Benton's hyped press release.

people ..... we have a fractured bone sticking out of our leg and they are headed to 7/11 to buy bactine and band aids.

I guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow to know for sure. But I would be very happy if they announce a coalition/unity ticket plan of some sort.

evilfunnystuff
09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
The teaser should've been more like:

Ron Paul to make important announcement tomorrow:
Though it's not a third-party run, it's a very substantial announcement about the fall election and the failure of the two-party system.

agreed maybey leave off the part about the 2 party system to make people think he might endorse mccain and get more people to pay attention and not a peep should have been leaked so as to capture all the excitement and fervor into a single day

i saw a leak from nader and another from the baldwin campaign that coupled with the hoping for a indy run kinda shot the wad in a less than impressive manner

im excited about it but it could have been handled better from a pr perspective

evilfunnystuff
09-09-2008, 06:55 PM
I guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow to know for sure. But I would be very happy if they announce a coalition/unity ticket plan of some sort.

the nader and baldwin leaks show it yo not be a unity ticket

so i highly doubt well see that but if that snowball makes it through hell ill proby faint lol

robmpreston
09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
even if that's it, it's still pretty historic.

Paulitical Correctness
09-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Seems contradictory to his whole "take back the GOP" plan, though.

BKom
09-09-2008, 07:10 PM
This is pretty close to the lameness I expected. When you criticize the people around Ron for how the campaign was run, you actually have to point the finger squarely at our favorite congressman. He hired the people who let us all down. And he could have fired or retasked them at any time, but never did.

Unless Ron was going to be substituted in as either the presidential or vice presidential candidate of the third party tickets, then this press conference should not have been called. I don't care if they're agreeing to a four point plan. I don't care if they're all going to drop trou on the Supreme Court steps. This is simply not news. And it was guaranteed to disappoint all of us who had hoped for more.

We can all point fingers at Jesse or someone else. But my experience is that employees reflect their boss and if they don't they are gone. So, we need to point the finger at Ron. He is the best congressman in the country by far. But he is the worst political strategist on the planet.

SeanEdwards
09-09-2008, 07:13 PM
It's an important announcement to me, and it's likely to change who I would have voted for.

SLSteven
09-09-2008, 07:15 PM
It's an important announcement to me, and it's likely to change who I would have voted for.

Agreed! Every Ron Paul announcement is important to me.

SLSteven
09-09-2008, 07:17 PM
This is pretty close to the lameness I expected. When you criticize the people around Ron for how the campaign was run, you actually have to point the finger squarely at our favorite congressman. He hired the people who let us all down. And he could have fired or retasked them at any time, but never did.

Unless Ron was going to be substituted in as either the presidential or vice presidential candidate of the third party tickets, then this press conference should not have been called. I don't care if they're agreeing to a four point plan. I don't care if they're all going to drop trou on the Supreme Court steps. This is simply not news. And it was guaranteed to disappoint all of us who had hoped for more.

We can all point fingers at Jesse or someone else. But my experience is that employees reflect their boss and if they don't they are gone. So, we need to point the finger at Ron. He is the best congressman in the country by far. But he is the worst political strategist on the planet.

It is not that easy to take on the Republicrat establishment, MSM, banking establishment, military and medical industrial complexes, lobbying industry....
We have made strides. Give Ron Paul a break.

kathy88
09-09-2008, 07:22 PM

We'll see.

Didn't you see that shit eatin' grin on his face when Cavuto asked him about it. There's more. There has to be more or this will end up being major laughing stock press yet again.

kathy88
09-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Seems contradictory to his whole "take back the GOP" plan, though.

Perhaps he has rethought it.

Matt Collins
09-09-2008, 08:14 PM
jesse benton rubbed me the wrong way from the beginningYou, me, and tens of thousands of others...:mad:

Matt Collins
09-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Didn't you see that shit eatin' grin on his face when Cavuto asked him about it. Link?

Conza88
09-09-2008, 08:17 PM
HMmhmhmh...

dawnbt
09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
if this is it its not historic or even that great. Sigh

+1000

mudhoney
09-09-2008, 08:23 PM
I will only be happy if something impossible happens tomorrow.

just kidding

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
09-09-2008, 08:24 PM
The Jesse Ventura question Cavuto posed generated an interesting response.

Shinerxx
09-09-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm thinking they will announce a debate with only these four candidates with no McBama allowed. Ron Paul expressed concern many times about the debate formats and how Americans need to see a real debate about foreign and economic policy. He also has mentioned how third party or independent candidates have difficulty with unfair debate qualifying rules. I would love to see a real debate with only these four candidates.

Shiner

Matt Collins
09-09-2008, 10:33 PM
The Jesse Ventura question Cavuto posed generated an interesting response.Link?

jcarcinogen
09-09-2008, 11:14 PM
I've talked to alot of people in my state (AL) and they don't mention race they mention Marx. They do not like Federal government but they will vote McCain. They know the system always wins but they still roll the dice. ~3.5 minutes, not bad.

BKom
09-12-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm thinking they will announce a debate with only these four candidates with no McBama allowed. Ron Paul expressed concern many times about the debate formats and how Americans need to see a real debate about foreign and economic policy. He also has mentioned how third party or independent candidates have difficulty with unfair debate qualifying rules. I would love to see a real debate with only these four candidates.

Shiner

These "minor party" debates happen every single election cycle. They get shown on C-Span and nobody NOBODY watches them. And the C4L will get the same result. Unless the major candidates are in the debate, then they're seriously not worth having. And they're certainly nothing new.

I suppose it's a side effect of being old. Somehow, I can't observe the same thing happening over and over and make myself believe that they'll bring about a different result.