PDA

View Full Version : Ronstock in February?

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Whats the deal on this exactly?
Me and a friend were talking and are not too keen on the idea of staying in hotels. Will there be cabins or something?

muzzled dogg
09-09-2008, 04:05 PM
huh?????????

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 04:09 PM
huh?????????

In the chat last night Kenny was talking about another group event in February in Colorado.

muzzled dogg
09-09-2008, 04:12 PM
was he sober?

RickyJ
09-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Only in Florida if it is going to be in February. South Florida at that. Fort Myers sounds nice. :)

Hey, forget camping out, lets just have a cruise in February. The Ronline'09 cruise. We can fill a whole cruise ship up with campaign for liberty folks. It will be much more fun than camping out.

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 04:17 PM
was he sober?

Honestly, probably not lol

muzzled dogg
09-09-2008, 04:18 PM
chicks on cruise ships are easy

dannno
09-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Thread of the day.

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Camping in Colorado in February? Only for the diehards.

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 04:38 PM

Just curious, how many girls on cruises have you slept with?

muzzled dogg
09-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Just curious, how many girls on cruises have you slept with?

aren't you married?

:confused: :p :eek: :D

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 04:47 PM
aren't you married?

:confused: :p :eek: :D

LOL I didn't mean it like that.

I was wondering how you found out about these easy cruise ship girls.

muzzled dogg
09-09-2008, 04:48 PM
:rolleyes:

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 04:54 PM
:rolleyes:

Oh good God.

I am not going to dignify this thread with any more responses to you Shem. I was being so nice to you in the ladies shout out thread too. :p

Ninja Homer
09-09-2008, 04:59 PM

That's true, for some cruise ships anyway. Once you hit international waters, you'll find some easy chicks, though they will probably charge a lot.

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 05:01 PM
That's true, for some cruise ships anyway. Once you hit international waters, you'll find some easy chicks, though they will probably charge a lot.

Shem can't even afford a tent. hahaha

Ninja Homer
09-09-2008, 05:03 PM
In the chat last night Kenny was talking about another group event in February in Colorado.

Is this a for-sure thing, or are people just throwing around ideas?

Ninja Homer
09-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Shem can't even afford a tent. hahaha

:D

That definitely makes it not easy.

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Is this a for-sure thing, or are people just throwing around ideas?

I think its for sure becuase Paul and Emily can not come unless its during the short time when they don't have to tend their cows. February was Paul and Emily's idea.

speciallyblend
09-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Honestly, probably not lol

i was at work ,so im sober, anyway no one said anything about camping in feb, paul n emily want to come ski and board ,so i am planning for them to arrive in mid feb s, yes we are planning an event in feb since that is prime for skiing and boarding and hotels are an option, your more then welcome to make an igloo outside in the 20 foot snow base to camp, no one is stopping you,the point in feb isnt camping ,it is snowboarding and skiing;)

Ronski or Ronboard or something else;)

speciallyblend
09-09-2008, 05:22 PM
for anyone that wants to ski or board mid feb is the plan, as for other events people are welcome to throw their own ronstocks ..... this is to entertain paul and emily and ronstockers who want to come ski/board and get cheaper rates;)

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
i was at work ,so im sober, anyway no one said anything about camping in feb, paul n emily want to come ski and board ,so i am planning for them to arrive in mid feb s, yes we are planning an event in feb since that is prime for skiing and boarding and hotels are an option, your more then welcome to make an igloo outside in the 20 foot snow base to camp, no one is stopping you,the point in feb isnt camping ,it is snowboarding and skiing;)

Ronski or Ronboard or something else;)

I didn't say camping, I just said I don't like staying in hotels. Are cabins or small rental houses possible?
Don't get me wrong I backpack in the back country, pee in the woods and whatnot but February camping is too hardcore for me lol

So is this event for everyone? I was under the impression it was, sorry if I screwed anything up by posting this.

Ninja Homer
09-09-2008, 05:41 PM
I didn't say camping, I just said I don't like staying in hotels. Are cabins or small rental houses possible?
Don't get me wrong I backpack in the back country, pee in the woods and whatnot but February camping is too hardcore for me lol

So is this event for everyone? I was under the impression it was, sorry if I screwed anything up by posting this.

I don't really like hotels either. Depending on how many people there are, renting a big multi-room cabin or lodge might be nice.

I've spent a weekend camping in an igloo in sub-zero temps (back in my boyscout days), but it's not really something I'd like to do again. You spend all your time just trying to stay warm.

I'm interested in doing this, but a lot depends on my wife, because she doesn't ski and doesn't have any interest in learning to ski.

speciallyblend
09-09-2008, 05:44 PM

well it is either cheaper hotel where i work or full price for houses and condo etc or cabins so if your ready for 150 a night or 1000 for 3 days at a house then hell ya but im thinking you want economy budget so cabin and houses are x'ed of the list 1000 for 3 days is low balling a house so expect cabins and houses to be more

i should be able to get rooms for 100 or under when they average 130 a night themselves;) hotels sound alot better now don't they;) renting a house or cabin in feb is like trying to rent saddam's golden palace;)

anyone who enjoys skiing or boarding and snowmobiling or hot tubs and drinks;)

berry you have never been to colorado in feb have you, prices are outrageous!!! so the rate i get from my boss from ramada will be the best option ,im saving you the trouble;)

might be able to find a small cabin in backcountry but then getting around is a problem ,my wife can help you find a cabin(lake county maybe), we will see, snowmobling for folks that do not ski or board ,rev the engine and go;)

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 05:58 PM
I have never been snowboarded or skiing before but I would like to learn. Hell, I would just like to see everyone again really - I am sure most here can relate to that sentiment. (((hugs)))
Hot tubs and drinks sound really good too.

And no, I have never been to Colorado ever, I figured its super cold. Hotels will work fine, I was just throwing something else out there.

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Oh and hey, try priceline "name your own price" I have gotten 4 star hotels for $60 on that site.

speciallyblend
09-09-2008, 06:00 PM
I have never been snowboarded or skiing before but I would like to learn. Hell, I would just like to see everyone again really - I am sure most here can relate to that sentiment. (((hugs)))
Hot tubs and drinks sound really good too.

And no, I have never been to Colorado ever, I figured its super cold. Hotels will work fine, I was just throwing something else out there.

well we can look for some cheaper cabins in lake county , we will check options i just know it is costly in colorado in feb so i will find the best deals;)

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 06:02 PM
well we can look for some cheaper cabins in lake county , we will check options i just know it is costly in colorado in feb so i will find the best deals;)

You are just awesome. For that I promise I will not drive your car ever again lol

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-09-2008, 06:12 PM
I love snowboarding, count me in. Lived a couple of winters in Steamboat and at Lake Tahoe.

speciallyblend
09-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh and hey, try priceline "name your own price" I have gotten 4 star hotels for $60 on that site.

not in feb colorado mtns hehe i work for a hotel so i know i can get cheaper then priceline at our hotel;)

Ninja Homer
09-09-2008, 06:16 PM
This is the type of place I was thinking would be nice:
http://www.vrbo.com/104949

Sleeps 9 to 11 people. If there were 9 people, it would be about $36 per night per person (February rates).

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 06:24 PM

Sleeps 9 to 11 people. If there were 9 people, it would be about $36 per night per person (February rates).

that looks like what I had in mind also. The only thing I woudl want is my own bedroom with a shower.

speciallyblend
09-09-2008, 06:27 PM
you guys can get whatever you want for sure but i will be able to get rock bottom rates at our hotel which will have a non smoking 2 queens with small fridge and microwave and free breakfast in morning and centered between copper mtn breck,keystone,a-basin, 40 minutes from vail/beaver creek the list goes on;)

speciallyblend
09-09-2008, 06:28 PM

hehe i hear you, also remember they are out of the way but nice, and add 20-30 feet walls of snow or just cover pic with white paper hehe:)

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 06:30 PM
you guys can get whatever you want for sure but i will be able to get rock bottom rates at our hotel which will have a non smoking 2 queens with small fridge and microwave and free breakfast in morning and centered between copper mtn breck,keystone,a-basin, 40 minutes from vail/beaver creek the list goes on;)

hmmm anything under $100 I can do. I want to be near where everyone else is so whatever works. Thanks for offering the hotel at such good prices to us.
But if a bunch of us can get a cabin I would be down.
We have awhile to think about this.

Ninja Homer
09-09-2008, 06:31 PM
that looks like what I had in mind also. The only thing I woudl want is my own bedroom with a shower.

We could build a shower for you outside next to the deck. :D

If I'm by myself, I just need a place to sleep... any old air mattress/pull out/couch will do. If my wife is with, we'd need a bedroom.

Ninja Homer
09-09-2008, 06:33 PM

Would something like that be $100 per night per person, or $100 per night per room?

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 06:34 PM
We could build a shower for you outside next to the deck. :D

If I'm by myself, I just need a place to sleep... any old air mattress/pull out/couch will do. If my wife is with, we'd need a bedroom.

We have to take into consideration how much snow would pile up around those cabins too.

Also, Your showers were lovely but, how should I say this, all good things in moderation? :cool:

speciallyblend
09-09-2008, 06:38 PM
hmmm anything under $100 I can do. I want to be near where everyone else is so whatever works. Thanks for offering the hotel at such good prices to us.
But if a bunch of us can get a cabin I would be down.
We have awhile to think about this.

we have plenty of time to plan but i will get with my boss this week ,once i figure out when paul and emily would be coming out to colorado in feb;) once i have those dates then i can block some rooms and we can offer the deals and cabin etc to,depending on what folks want and reserve..

sounds like fun, now here is the deal i use to teach skiing and boarding but to be honest if you want to learn one, then i say try boarding,im willing to help anyone that wants to learn and we will keep you on easy greens if your a beginner ,if your advanced then i will take you places that are just amazing,if your a blue runner then ill just scare the hell out of you;) I will also work some deals on rentals and work on discount lift tickets so if your interested, just start letting me know. plenty of time for details;)

Now there is one person i would be willing to teach to ski:) Ron Paul;)

speciallyblend
09-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Would something like that be $100 per night per person, or $100 per night per room?

100 a room or less depending on the deal i can get thru my boss all depending on dates really

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
How many days would this be for?

speciallyblend
09-09-2008, 07:00 PM
How many days would this be for?

forever??? hmmmmm not sure at least 4-7 days to make it worth your while;)
let's see i came here 9 yrs ago for 1 week and im still here;)

berrybunches
09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
forever??? hmmmmm not sure at least 4-7 days to make it worth your while;)
let's see i came here 9 yrs ago for 1 week and im still here;)

I was thinking I would probably stay as long as I could anyway. I know when ever I leave Ohio I never want to come back. I really hate it here.

Isaac Bickerstaff
09-09-2008, 07:51 PM
One winter out there, I lived in a '77 Cherokee and another I lived in a Vanagon. Van people are cool!:cool:
But my wife says, "Not this year, you're married.":mad:

Sounds like our little ski trip is growing ?:D

berrybunches on the slope?:eek:

I discovered smileys.:)

Ninja Homer
09-09-2008, 08:06 PM
we have plenty of time to plan but i will get with my boss this week ,once i figure out when paul and emily would be coming out to colorado in feb;) once i have those dates then i can block some rooms and we can offer the deals and cabin etc to,depending on what folks want and reserve..

sounds like fun, now here is the deal i use to teach skiing and boarding but to be honest if you want to learn one, then i say try boarding,im willing to help anyone that wants to learn and we will keep you on easy greens if your a beginner ,if your advanced then i will take you places that are just amazing,if your a blue runner then ill just scare the hell out of you;) I will also work some deals on rentals and work on discount lift tickets so if your interested, just start letting me know. plenty of time for details;)

Now there is one person i would be willing to teach to ski:) Ron Paul;)

Sounds fun!

I've snow boarded about 5 times, but it just isn't much fun in Minnesota. It's all ice, and even if we get a lot of powder, they groom it every night to build up the base and extend the season. It takes maybe 5 minutes on a decent fast run, then you gotta unstrap your back boot, ride the chairlift back up, strap up again, and repeat.

The last time I boarded, it was snowing like crazy, so I brought a friend's board rather than my skis, because I thought I'd finally be able to try it on some fresh snow. By the time we got going, the groomers had run through and turned fresh snow into icy groom grooves. I kept catching an edge, and would either fall on my ass or my face. The last straw was when I was going pretty fast, caught an edge on a groove, and broke a pair of Gargoyles against my nose. Those things are supposed to be bulletproof... I was probably lucky I didn't break my nose. Since then, I've stuck to skis.

I used to be a damn good skier, but haven't done it much lately. I've never seen a run I couldn't handle, but then again, I've only skied Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the Black Hills in South Dakota. I'm guessing a double black diamond in CO is on a little different scale than a double black in MN. :D

HVACTech
09-09-2008, 08:30 PM
looks like the reunion is on!
[we still need to give others the chance to expierience what we did....]
shall we call this ronstock 1.5?

speciallyblend
09-09-2008, 08:41 PM
looks like the reunion is on!
[we still need to give others the chance to expierience what we did....]
shall we call this ronstock 1.5?

maybe

shesapainter
09-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm gonna start saving my pennies now for this. I had such a good time with you guys and no pressure to go to a class or summit will be the BEST!!!!! I missed meeting people like Shemdogg because of all that.

Although I lived in Utah for 3 years, I never went skiing..........I know, weird. I do however LOVE love love ice skating. I hope to do that.

Also, I love the cabin idea, but if there is too much snow and it's too far then I will stay at Kenny's hotel.

N.cognito1776
10-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Ronstock 08 was the best week ever. So glad to meet so many cool people. If I'm financially able, I will be at Ronstock Feb, Ronstock 09, 10, 11, 12...... Let's grow this thing brother. In a couple years, we might be interested in hosting one in Ark.